BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-15-2021, 07:09 AM   #1
WasThatSpeeding
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 750i xdrive

It looks like I have a coolant leak in the intake and return lines for the turbocharger. My factory warranty expires at the end of July. Does anyone know if this will be covered under the warranty? I've gotten conflicting info from several mechanics about whether or not it is covered.

UPDATE:
Thanks for the info. Dealership covered it all (wouldn't give me the price for all repairs, just did it). They also found a few other minor issues that they took care of while they were in there and everything was covered under warranty.

I never had any coolant spots under the car, but there was a sporadic odor of burning oil and my coolant reservoir needed to be topped off every couple of weeks. If you're getting close to the 4 years on the factory warranty and smell oil burning, I highly recommend getting it in to a dealer for service! Definitely saved my wallet by getting it in before the warranty expires in July!!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 10:21 AM   #2
750LiBeemer
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 750i

Original 4 yr 50k mile Factory warranty covers it, CPO warranty does not. Get it done ASAP. I was quoted $5800 for the repair during cpo. Had to call bmw of NA and complain before they agreed on $2100. Ended up getting it done at an Indy for $1500.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 10:21 AM   #3
Lawguy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Tesla Model S

I don’t know the warranty answer but if it’s factory warranty, I cannot fathom it wouldn’t be covered.

How did you/they determine the leak? Physical evidence of coolant on ground or within engine, or smell or what?
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2021, 01:06 PM   #4
Scrh1
Rep
Drives: 17’ BMW 750i

Factory warranty will cover it. Had the same issue last week and my warranty runs out in late June. I also noticed a few drops of oil under the car. Turned out they ended up replacing the coolant and oil lines as both were leaking ( only way I noticed is I found coolant a little low in the second reservoir ). The way the coolant leaks in the middle of the engine of course evaporates it fast. Oil has the same fate in the hot v. Definitely something I will keep an eye on. Not a small job as turbos have to be removed. They would up finding a bunch of other small items and I gave them a list to go down while they were in there. Glad I took it in when I did. I would not want to have to pay for this job out of pocket ( took nearly 4 days as they had to get it authorized by BMW ). All said and done, the bill was zero to me, however they list out costs / hours etc and the bill was about 14k ( 5800 is about right for that job based on my print out , the rest was electronic issues where they replaced the telematics, reprogrammed car , and a few other modules I am guessing they just replaced as it was under warranty vs diagnosing the gremlin ).
Appreciate 0