BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-17-2022, 08:39 PM   #4555
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Watching this now....
Could be a fun Halloween movie.

I saw The Exorcist in the theater when it first came out. Scared the hell out of me. Always willing to give these movies a try.

Quote:
On December 26, 1973, The Exorcist, a horror film starring the actress Linda Blair as a girl possessed by an evil spirit, makes its debut in theaters; it will go on to earn a reputation as one of the scariest movies in history.
      12-17-2022, 08:46 PM   #4556
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Watching this now....

You know what, I'm so thirsty for horror it wasn't all that bad. Just don't go there expecting A+ level horror like Exorcist/What Lies Beneath and the viewer should be reasonably entertained.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 08:47 PM   #4557
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Could be a fun Halloween movie.

I saw The Exorcist in the theater when it first came out. Scared the hell out of me. Always willing to give these movies a try.
I know a grown man who still refuses to watch this movie. I mean, cmon....
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 09:00 PM   #4558
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I know a grown man who still refuses to watch this movie. I mean, cmon....
Regan was possessed because she had no faith. When I walked out of the theater on that cold rainy night I wanted to have faith and believe so bad. I've watched The Exorcist several times since then and even though that initial terror has worn off it still scares me and makes me remember how I felt seeing it that first time in the theater.
Attached Images

Last edited by Esteban; 12-17-2022 at 09:07 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-17-2022, 09:14 PM   #4559
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Regan was possessed because she had no faith. When I walked out of the theater on that cold rainy night I wanted to have faith and believe so bad. I've watched The Exorcist several times since then and even though that initial terror has worn off it still scares me and makes me remember seeing it that first time in the theater.
So true re bold. It must've been quite the experience seeing it in the theatre. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I just saw it on TV. The sequels were horrible, although part 3 had one of the best jump scares ever.

Similar to your rainy walk back, I remembered a few days after watching The Blair Witch Project (rewatching it doesn't have any effect whatsoever, it's a joke really, but somehow the first viewing made an impression) and felt a bit of dread cuz one late night I had to close the office and needed to walk down several floors in a dimly-lit stairwell to reach street level.

You gotta have faith! One of my fave horrors, even if it's a bit campy, still does a good job imho:
Appreciate 1
Esteban44102.50
      12-17-2022, 09:28 PM   #4560
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So true re bold. It must've been quite the experience seeing it in the theatre. I can't remember but I'm pretty sure I just saw it on TV. The sequels were horrible, although part 3 had one of the best jump scares ever.

Similar to your rainy walk back, I remembered a few days after watching The Blair Witch Project (rewatching it doesn't have any effect whatsoever, it's a joke really, but somehow the first viewing made an impression) and felt a bit of dread cuz one late night I had to close the office and needed to walk down several floors in a dimly-lit stairwell to reach street level.

You gotta have faith! One of my fave horrors, even if it's a bit campy, still does a good job imho:
The original Fright Night was and is a favorite of my daughter and mine. Still watch it with her every so often.

The Exorcist has been so imitated now that it doesn't have the same effect on new viewers, like it did when it originally came out. At the time there was nothing like it. And it had great actors, though the special fx left something to be desired, but for the time they sufficed. Too much CG crap today imo.
      12-18-2022, 09:01 AM   #4561
SRod321
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Comp

Garage List
2017 M3  [8.50]
I remember they showed The Exorcist in theaters for a short while back in the early 2000s as a re-releae with previously cut footage. It bugged me out more then the original.
Appreciate 1
Esteban44102.50
      12-18-2022, 10:50 AM   #4562
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRod321 View Post
I remember they showed The Exorcist in theaters for a short while back in the early 2000s as a re-releae with previously cut footage. It bugged me out more then the original.
Saw that version. Yeah, even scarier with the added footage.

12-18-2022, 11:15 AM   #4563
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Annihilation was one of the very first 4K/HDR movies I watched when I got my compatible TV. It was visually stunning; for that reason alone, watch it. It was a good movie; I think it was 50% over my head from my recollection. And yes, it's weird, but I didn't regret watching it.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 11:18 AM   #4564
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Saw that version. Yeah, even scarier with the added footage.

Ya, I remember the 'spider walk' haha. Still stands up even to this day, doesn't really look aged.
Appreciate 1
Esteban44102.50
      12-18-2022, 11:20 AM   #4565
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
Annihilation was one of the very first 4K/HDR movies I watched when I got my compatible TV. It was visually stunning; for that reason alone, watch it. It was a good movie; I think it was 50% over my head from my recollection. And yes, it's weird, but I didn't regret watching it.
I was in a similar haze but recall that it was decent enough. I think that the 'antagonist' looked pretty cool.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #4566
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Tom Cruise's High Flying Thank You.

12-19-2022, 04:04 PM   #4567
Fishee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I am torn on this one, not seen it because I feel it may be too trippy and spiritual for me. I love a bug hunt but suspect this will be too abstract.
Not a fan.
Seemed poorly written with weak characters and a silly/boring plot.
Visually appealing though.

Kind of like Arrival.
Bleh.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 07:35 AM   #4568
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Yeah see Arrival shit me. Nothingness for two hours.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 03:22 PM   #4569
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I am torn on this one, not seen it because I feel it may be too trippy and spiritual for me. I love a bug hunt but suspect this will be too abstract.
You would probably not like Midsommar either. One of the most bizarre movies I've ever scene. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I might even watch it again for the hell of it since I'm basically off work until Jan 3rd. I have to be "available" the next couple of days, but basically every one is already off for the break.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 03:25 PM   #4570
Fishee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
You would probably not like Midsommar either. One of the most bizarre movies I've ever scene. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I might even watch it again for the hell of it since I'm basically off work until Jan 3rd. I have to be "available" the next couple of days, but basically every one is already off for the break.
Midsommar was freaky deaky, in a good way.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 03:45 PM   #4571
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Ya, I'm w the poster after you, Midsommar shouldn't be compared to that alien flick, the former was quite good in a freaky way.

Speaking of which, I just saw The Apology and thought it was pretty good. (I personally like to be kept in the dark, so I only knew it was a thriller, but if you feel the need to read more, the link's below.)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22494914/
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 03:57 PM   #4572
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishee View Post
Midsommar was freaky deaky, in a good way.
I'm tempted to buy the directors cut on Blu Ray. It contains 15 minutes of extra footage they cut to avoid an NC-17 rating.

Last edited by OkieSnuffBox; 12-20-2022 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 04:33 PM   #4573
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'm tempted to buy the directors cut on Blu Ray. It contains 15 minutes of extra footage they cut to avoid an NC-17 rating.
Ppl still buy physical media? I have 2 cases of dvds that are just wasting space. I love virtual, it's as I fantasized decades ago, no fussing around and it going bad. Instant.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 04:39 PM   #4574
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
Ppl still buy physical media? I have 2 cases of dvds that are just wasting space. I love virtual, it's as I fantasized decades ago, no fussing around and it going bad. Instant.
I haven't in years, except the occasional special edition vinyl.

But as far as I can find, the only streaming version available is the theatrical release not the Director's Cut.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 03:59 PM   #4575
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Halfway through Violent Night, pretty cool ride so far.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 04:14 PM   #4576
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Halfway through Violent Night, pretty cool ride so far.

Looking forward to this one. Will watch when it comes to my TV, at a reasonable price.