BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > General 7-series (G11) Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #1
Moopai
Private First Class
Moopai's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
113
Posts

Drives: 2016 750ix M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Hi,

Two questions regarding 2016 750ix:

1. How to activate the camera to read the road speed limit?
2. My Display Remote Key is showing a different time than my time zone, any idea how to change it?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 03:57 PM   #2
jlin101
Private First Class
28
Rep
104
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2016 750i
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
Hi,

Two questions regarding 2016 750ix:

1. How to activate the camera to read the road speed limit?
2. My Display Remote Key is showing a different time than my time zone, any idea how to change it?

Thanks
AFAIK, there's no setting to activate or deactivate the feature, the car automatically reads the traffic signs (via the two cameras seen in front/above the rear view mirror). Is it missing from the instrument cluster or the HUD? If it's in the instrument but not the HUD, check the HUD setting to make sure it's not unchecked for HUD.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #3
Moopai
Private First Class
Moopai's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
113
Posts

Drives: 2016 750ix M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

It's missing from both. I checked all setting in the iDrive and could not find anything related to check/uncheck feature. Does all 2016 have this feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlin101 View Post
AFAIK, there's no setting to activate or deactivate the feature, the car automatically reads the traffic signs (via the two cameras seen in front/above the rear view mirror). Is it missing from the instrument cluster or the HUD? If it's in the instrument but not the HUD, check the HUD setting to make sure it's not unchecked for HUD.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 05:25 AM   #4
Cruzdog954
New Member
Cruzdog954's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M 750i Xdrive
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Clermont FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Go to https://mygarage.bmwusa.com
Add your vehicle using your vin
Look at the options that your car has.
Speed limit info is part of the Driving Assistance Package.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #5
Moopai
Private First Class
Moopai's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
113
Posts

Drives: 2016 750ix M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Thanks, that explains why I could not find the feature. The car has every option accept the Driving Assistance Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzdog954 View Post
Go to https://mygarage.bmwusa.com
Add your vehicle using your vin
Look at the options that your car has.
Speed limit info is part of the Driving Assistance Package.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 01:21 AM   #6
MrOhnoez
First Lieutenant
United_States
248
Rep
303
Posts

Drives: '19 M2C, '79 Beetle, '16 750i
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern region

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 750Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
Hi,

Two questions regarding 2016 750ix:

1. How to activate the camera to read the road speed limit?
2. My Display Remote Key is showing a different time than my time zone, any idea how to change it?

Thanks

Your Display keys time is linked to the vehicles times.
You need to drive with it a bit for them to sync.
You can try "updating" the key to see if it'll force it to do it instantly.
steps for this are as followed
Get inside the car.
DO NOT put your foot on the brake.
using the door controls, lock then HOLD unlock continue to hold this for the rest of the steps until I say so.
tap the start stop button 3 times decently quickly.
watch the dash for the "service due by xx/xxxx" to disappear
once it disappears release the unlock button and hold the key to the little "key" symbol on the side of the steering column and wait
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #7
Moopai
Private First Class
Moopai's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
113
Posts

Drives: 2016 750ix M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Thanks MrOhnoez!

Quick question regarding the speed signs. I don't have the Driver Assist Package. Since the cameras are available behind the mirror and on windshield, is this something that I can get programmed? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
Your Display keys time is linked to the vehicles times.
You need to drive with it a bit for them to sync.
You can try "updating" the key to see if it'll force it to do it instantly.
steps for this are as followed
Get inside the car.
DO NOT put your foot on the brake.
using the door controls, lock then HOLD unlock continue to hold this for the rest of the steps until I say so.
tap the start stop button 3 times decently quickly.
watch the dash for the "service due by xx/xxxx" to disappear
once it disappears release the unlock button and hold the key to the little "key" symbol on the side of the steering column and wait
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST