BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #155
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
That's not the kind of money I'm looking to make in that time, with that profit, with this large of a capital.

You can invest a small portion of that in Silver. Mark this post and remember me later for this tip . I would wait for a dip and then buy some Silver.

If you are going long and also want to buy some real estate you can look into some condos in Nashville, Tennessee which are selling for $50-55K and can be rented out for $750 per month. The condo has to be paid for in cash as they are foreclosure from FNM and FRE. Once you buy them you can get a loan out on them after. If you take a loan out for $25K your payment should be under $150 per month for your mortgage payment. Association fee and misc. is $100 per month so you are at $650 per month your $150 payment and you have a cash flow of $500 per month. $500x12 and you get $6000 per year. You are roughly getting 25% ROI which is not too bad. A friend of mine bought 9 of them and all are rented out. This year Nissan and VW are opening two factories in that area so they will be hiring a lot of people which is good.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #156
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

Quote:
That's not the kind of money I'm looking to make in that time, with that profit, with this large of a capital.
You know, you could have bought Deere (DE) with me in October, and then watch it climb 25% in the next 6months. Divident of 1.4/share ain't so bad either.

I wish all my picks were that successful...

Truth be told, you should stop posting here. You've gotten a lot of really good advice, and continue to argue. You're not getting the answer you want.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #157
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
3x leveraged inverse index etf and hope it crashes
NICE
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #158
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinarello Rider View Post
You know, you could have bought Deere (DE) with me in October, and then watch it climb 25% in the next 6months. Divident of 1.4/share ain't so bad either.

I wish all my picks were that successful...

Truth be told, you should stop posting here. You've gotten a lot of really good advice, and continue to argue. You're not getting the answer you want.
It's always nice getting good feedback from you guys. Some of you are proposing ideas I never would have thought of (like buying condos in Nashville).

Right now I'm still in the midst of finding a good Financial Advisor and Brokerage firm. I think I'm set on investing in shares (more specifically, Chinese Energy Company shares) as they're seeing a lot of boom. I'm holding out on investing RIGHT NOW (for at least another couple weeks to months) because I'm using a dummy practice account online -- trying to get used to the mindset of seeing figures go up/down daily and seeing how my picks are doing over some time. As for today, 14/16 of my practice portfolio are up, and it's made about 2k+ in 2 days. Not too bad, but still it's a practice account only.

I'm sure my emotions will factor in much more when the whole thing is live.

04-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #159
ddigangi
'Murica
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Oh wait... is this $400k Canadian?

So technically only $70-80USD, right?

Fuck I don't know man... I guess I'd buy a little weed and a double baconator. *shrug*

Find a financial advisor.
LOL

I blog at http://ddigangi.com
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 01:08 PM   #160
VenomBMW
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible

Put half of it in CSCO. Buy option calls, whatever, but that thing dipped and it's a gold mine that's on sale at $17.xx/share. Do it, investing $200k in it will yield a probable 20% gain in value by years gain. If not, then invest in a house, they're a bargain now too. But definitely read up before investing and get an advisor. Or ask the mega millions jackpot winners, they've got $17 million each and are in the same position as you.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #161
VenomBMW
Banned
United_States
Rep

@stylinexpat, yes. SLV is looking real good. But do wait for some dips. Do you think it's a good idea to buy April 16 call options at a strike price of $37? It's at $36.8x, or somewhere around there, right now so it's a good bet. If I bough some thursday I would've made money yesterday. Oh well.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #162
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomBMW View Post
Put half of it in CSCO. Buy option calls, whatever, but that thing dipped and it's a gold mine that's on sale at $17.xx/share. Do it, investing $200k in it will yield a probable 20% gain in value by years gain. If not, then invest in a house, they're a bargain now too. But definitely read up before investing and get an advisor. Or ask the mega millions jackpot winners, they've got $17 million each and are in the same position as you.
I'd rather not put money in CSCO atm until it shows "some" sort of life. There are other companies now that are BOOMING that you could invest in and then jump on CSCO when the train is ready to go.

And the housing market in Canada never went down like the States. Our housing market has been hot and for 400k you can't buy anything but a shack in Vancouver.
      04-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #163
VenomBMW
Banned
United_States
Rep

Stocks are risky I suppose. In that case put $150-300k in funds such as Vanguard's VGTSX. Stack up on various funds such as these and you'll have made that $400k into a $1 million within 10 years.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 04:45 PM   #164
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Stocks are risky I suppose. In that case put $150-300k in funds such as Vanguard's VGTSX. Stack up on various funds such as these and you'll have made that $400k into a $1 million within 10 years.
400k to $1 million in 10 years is contingent on me making ~60k for each of those years. I'm sure I can hustle the 400k to make more than 60k with some professional brokerage knowledge.

Question: Has anyone here had remarkable success (personally) on invested stocks? For example, did anyone here buy Netflix shares last year? It's up 225%.

Sure, the growth now for NFLX isn't sustainable in the long-run, but, investing in company growth (as opposed to mutual funds) yields higher percentages simply because companies grow faster than mutual funds. I'm looking to do the same with my 400k, not with NFLX, with different companies. Chime in?

I'm not really sure what the average portfolio size is for members on here. Am I bonkers for having a goal to turn $400k into $1 Million in 3-4 years?

Last edited by Vanity; 04-03-2011 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #165
bmwmthree
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
I'm not really sure what average portfolio size is for members on here is. Am I bonkers for having a goal to turn $400k into $1 Million in 3-4 years?

you're bonkers for using the word bonkers.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #166
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmthree View Post

you're bonkers for using the word bonkers.
Bloody Hell.
      04-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #167
VenomBMW
Banned
United_States
Rep

My estimates are conservative and if you put in $200k only. If you put in the $400k then you'd probably get to a million in four or five years. One of the Vanguard accounts I use for retirement yields a 25% annual interest. And don't put more than 80% of it in a bank. Interest of my money in bank of America is a measly 1%. You don't have to set up an account with vanguard either, you can use a trading site such as fidelity and buy Vanguard funds that way too.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #168
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
My estimates are conservative and if you put in $200k only. If you put in the $400k then you'd probably get to a million in four or five years. One of the Vanguard accounts I use for retirement yields a 25% annual interest. And don't put more than 80% of it in a bank. Interest of my money in bank of America is a measly 1%. You don't have to set up an account with vanguard either, you can use a trading site such as fidelity and buy Vanguard funds that way too.
Could you go into more detail about this 25% annual interest? From last April to this April, it shows that VGSTX shares have only gone up 9%.

I also don't plan on keeping anymore than 50k in the bank (just for emergencies). So ~350k will be invested.

What's the difference between having an online account with fidelity and opening one through my broker (besides commission charges)? I'm guessing with the online account I'm pretty much on my own, right?