BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-02-2019, 07:14 PM   #463
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Man, I gotta get some pics up in here. Things that have happened in in the first ~month of ownership:

Sewer line repair
12 trees removed (I hated to take down mature healthy trees, but these were 30-40ft tall cedars and pines that were only about 3 feet away from the house)
Japanese maple added to front courtyard, Japanese blood grass added to front planter
New 6" gutters, downspouts and drain tile scheduled
6 yards of topsoil delivered and redistributed post sewer line repair
Light fixtures and outlets added to basement workout area
New window shades installed throughout
Replaced a few interior/exterior light fixtures, got some art hung on the walls, put together a couple of bookshelves
Concrete walkway and coop for trash/recycle bins scheduled to be poured
Fascia wood replacement scheduled
House repaint scheduled

If anyone is on Instagram, you can check out @flatrooffantasies for the blow by blow.
Let's see those Japanese maples! I'm trying to decide which one's to get?
Here it is with some Japanese blood grass in the background.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-03-2019, 06:58 PM   #464
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Anyone have suggestions on how to clean up the look of this transition? Tile to trim... was thinking of someway to cover it up?
Attached Images

07-03-2019, 08:24 PM   #465
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Just got the trailer parking I've always wanted.
Attached Images

07-03-2019, 09:29 PM   #466
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
Anyone have suggestions on how to clean up the look of this transition? Tile to trim... was thinking of someway to cover it up?
I thought about it and I can't come up with anything it looks fine but seems like there should be something. Maybe Google ideas
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 05:31 AM   #467
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
I hope that it's for a really small trailer, because I would not want to wrestle my 24-foot enclosed race car hauler into that tight spot with the mailbox post pinching the left side of the driveway where I'd likely need to swing the truck!

My $0.02 is to plant a bumper post in the concrete to protect the gas/water (?) meter.....
      07-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #468
Henry_08
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Today I found a nice summer house in Montenegro, Kotor Bay on the internet but I don't know what to do with this ugly part. Actually I can't even figure out what is this part: a balcony or a terrace? Maybe the part with railings belongs to the house and the ugly part is the terrace of the next building. I'm so excited because it fits perfectly to my expectetions and budget but.. Any ideas what is it and what to do with it? You can check the real estate in Kotor here.

Last edited by Henry_08; 08-20-2019 at 06:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 03:14 PM   #469
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_08 View Post
Today I found a nice summer house in Montenegro, Kotor Bay on the internet but I don't know what to do with this ugly part. Actually I can't even figure out what is this part: a balcony or a terrace? Maybe the part with railings belongs to the house and the ugly part is the terrace of the next building. I'm so excited because it fits perfectly to my expectetions and budget but.. Any ideas what is it and what to do with it? You can check the real estate in Kotor here.

Maybe you should find out which part is yours first?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410873.00
      07-05-2019, 05:23 AM   #470
Henry_08
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Maybe you should find out which part is yours first?
I called the real estate agency, seems like the ugly part belongs to the next building. I'm not sure if I could live watching it everyday. Anyway maybe I should better go and see it.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 07:03 AM   #471
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
I hope that it's for a really small trailer, because I would not want to wrestle my 24-foot enclosed race car hauler into that tight spot with the mailbox post pinching the left side of the driveway where I'd likely need to swing the truck!

My $0.02 is to plant a bumper post in the concrete to protect the gas/water (?) meter.....
It's all I got to work with. The wood gate is exactly 10' wide when open. I don't have a trailer yet, but my truck is going to sit back there for now.
      07-05-2019, 07:29 AM   #472
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_08 View Post
I called the real estate agency, seems like the ugly part belongs to the next building. I'm not sure if I could live watching it everyday. Anyway maybe I should better go and see it.
Looks like last owner may have had plants or something else on a shelf off the railing (at least on the side). They should have left them there for the listing pictures.
      07-07-2019, 01:53 AM   #473
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
It's a tough one. First I was thinking about the corner. Then I saw the different colors and lines to the right of the corner. I was think an acrylic sheet to cover it all. Not something transparent. May be an off white or pure white. Alternatives would be to put some color there... may be a plant to detract from the corner. A little bit of green might break it up well. At the right height and may be in a rectangular box you probably wouldn't notice it.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 12:46 PM   #474
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Not my house but the one I grew up in. Still don't know why dad wanted to enclose that. Hope I'm not asked to paint it!
Attached Images

07-08-2019, 07:59 AM   #475
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

Pst.....https://www.schluter.com/schluter-us/en_US/Profiles/c/P

You're welcome.

Inlaying any of the profile trims will require removal of the tile and re-installation, but these look great.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2019, 05:21 PM   #476
hybrid_eg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 90 S13, 22 MSP, 23 JLUR 4xe

Quote:
"Schluter" like others recommended is the way to go to finish off tile.. not sure why you have that casing trim there? If you show a zoomed out picture i think we can provide better advice.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
DETRoadster11446.00
      07-17-2019, 02:01 PM   #477
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid_eg View Post
"Schluter" like others recommended is the way to go to finish off tile.. not sure why you have that casing trim there? If you show a zoomed out picture i think we can provide better advice.
I'm baffled by it too. Very odd.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 04:04 PM   #478
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I forgot the garage counts as a house project. in the middle of a whole garage makeover from a full Husky Garage cabinet system, painted walls and RaceDeck flooring. here's some progress pictures.

Wanted to take you guys on my journey to building my ultimate dream garage all for my sexy Black Candy. She deserves a nice room to sleep in and for whatever maintenance her heart's desire I'll post progress pictures. 3 car garage measuring 37'x23' full LED lighting

So here's my design I came up with. The back wall measures 28.5'(342"). The Husky garage cabinet system I'm combining measures 320" all together. That will leave 11" of space on both sides. Cabinetswill be all black. The sink will remain in place as I was able to build around it.

The cabinet set includes:
5 Husky 30in. lockers (75 in. H x 30.6 in. W x 19.6 in. D)
3 Husky 24in 1-drawer 2-door base cabinets (33.4 in. H x 24 in. W x 16 in. D)
3 Husky 24in. 2-door base cabinets (33.4 in. H x 24 in. W x 16 in. D)
7 Husky 24in. wall cabinets (18.1 in. H x 24 in. W x 12 in. D)
1 Husky 48in. solid wood work surface (1.25 in. H x 48 in. W x 18.3 in. D)
1 Husky 72in. solid wood work surface (1.25 in. H x 72 in. W x 18.3 in. D)

Here's the back wall. I removed the old wire racks and sealed up all the holes

The Harbor Freight tool box measures 88" and that will sit on the left side wall.

With the walls I will paint with Home Depot's Behr Marquee color is Gateway Gray and the ceilings with Behr flat white.

Flooring will be the RaceDeck tiles which will consist of black, graphite, alloy and royal blue.

314 - Black Free-Flow Tile(s)
156 - Royal Blue Free-Flow Tile(s)
192 - Graphite Free-Flow Tile(s)
189 - Alloy Free-Flow Tile(s)

Sanded the walls down and got the spray texture done. Just waiting things to dry before I paint in a few hours

Ok so for half the garage painted. Debating whether to do some sort of stripping?

Currently waiting for the the rest of the Husky garage cabinets to come in. Also, got a discount from RaceDeck since working with the Sales people. Great customer service. They sent me more samples of the color scheme I'm going with. Still trying to get an accurate measurement on the garage
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      07-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #479
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Was looking at race deck flooring this morning and actually looking at the same tiles. What made me think twice about those particular tiles is when I drop small parts in the floor. Came really close to starting a thread and asking what members here have on their garage floors. It seems the more projects I start on the new car, I find more things I want to do with my garage set up. Cabinets and floors are definitely coming. Looks like the landscaping might just wait for another year.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 10:40 AM   #480
hybrid_eg
Captain
United_States
Rep

same here i opted against the tiles for same reason despite the fact that they look great. Since he already has epoxy its much better than putting those on raw concrete, this way even if there is debris that does get washed out or vacuumed it doesn't matter it will not penetrate past epoxy so he is good to go.

I like epoxy alone as its easier to keep clean, sweep/mop/hose off.. downside is that its slipper when wet versus these tiles which i believe dont have that problem.

Great choice on Husky cabinets, but i suggest you somehow make that sink built in not just leave it with that plastic standalone. If Husky doesnt make sink cabinet, get a cabinet guy or something to make you one so it blends in seamlessly with the rest, since you're already spending thousands def dont leave that out.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 03:29 PM   #481
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
same here i opted against the tiles for same reason despite the fact that they look great. Since he already has epoxy its much better than putting those on raw concrete, this way even if there is debris that does get washed out or vacuumed it doesn't matter it will not penetrate past epoxy so he is good to go.

I like epoxy alone as its easier to keep clean, sweep/mop/hose off.. downside is that its slipper when wet versus these tiles which i believe dont have that problem.

Great choice on Husky cabinets, but i suggest you somehow make that sink built in not just leave it with that plastic standalone. If Husky doesnt make sink cabinet, get a cabinet guy or something to make you one so it blends in seamlessly with the rest, since you're already spending thousands def dont leave that out.
there's no options for color for the outdoor sink since it's gonna take a beating. I will paint the front and sides of it black and maybe the top part where the faucet is.

there is a guy who put a review on his epoxy floors who got them professionally done twice before going RaceDeck because for some reason his tires would cause the epoxy to start getting soft because of how warm/hot the tires were after parking. I will say my epoxy floor tends to get slippery if I don't wipe up the water right away
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 03:39 PM   #482
hybrid_eg
Captain
United_States
Rep

You can always get a utility sink like this if taking a beating is a concern, then have it powder-coated to match cabinets if you desire.

Appreciate 4
wdb4673.00
      07-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #483
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You can always get a utility sink like this if taking a beating is a concern, then have it powder-coated to match cabinets if you desire.
sweet! I never thought about that. i'll have to check these or anything similar

edit: just found this on Amazon

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 07-22-2019 at 05:33 PM..
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      08-14-2019, 07:30 PM   #484
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Installed the front door a while ago, but finally got around to installing the new doorbell last weekend.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
King Rudi13152.00
DYoung32.00
wrickem2101.00