BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-07-2024, 04:25 PM   #1
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Show me your ambient lighting

Hi,

For quite a while, I have though of modifying couple of ambient lighting presets to create more variety to choose from. Thing is that I am rather unimaginative when it comes to artistic things of this nature. Hoping that people here can show off their custom lighting to give me inspiration and perhaps also post their color values used.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 03:44 PM   #2
TENCHI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 G12, '17 E300

isn't there like only 4 colors to choose from? Pretty sucks IMO. My mercedes had like at least a dozen
      03-11-2024, 05:26 PM   #3
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENCHI View Post
isn't there like only 4 colors to choose from? Pretty sucks IMO. My mercedes had like at least a dozen
By default, yes. But these colors and four different lighting zones can be customized via coding to any color you can come up with.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 08:56 PM   #4
Scobar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
By default, yes. But these colors and four different lighting zones can be customized via coding to any color you can come up with.
What are the zones, I saw the color changing in Bimmer Ute, but not zones. Do you have the cheat sheet on this? I’d love to change the colors out.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 06:54 AM   #5
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobar View Post
What are the zones, I saw the color changing in Bimmer Ute, but not zones. Do you have the cheat sheet on this? I’d love to change the colors out.
There are four different zones that can have their own set lighting- roof light that illuminate the cabin from above, two different light strips that run across dash and doors, and then footwell along with map pockets in doors. By default, BMW only uses two-color combination across those four zones, but one could customize them as they see fit.

Unfortunately I dont have any cheat sheets for those as I use BimmerUtility to do ambient lighting and they have very convenient UI facilities to make those changes. Pictures attached below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 10:06 PM   #6
Scobar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
There are four different zones that can have their own set lighting- roof light that illuminate the cabin from above, two different light strips that run across dash and doors, and then footwell along with map pockets in doors. By default, BMW only uses two-color combination across those four zones, but one could customize them as they see fit.

Unfortunately I dont have any cheat sheets for those as I use BimmerUtility to do ambient lighting and they have very convenient UI facilities to make those changes. Pictures attached below.
Super helpful thanks! Do you know what zone controls the sky lounge roof? I’m going to play around with it anyways, but figured I’d ask. Super excited to mess with this, will post pics when done.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 07:21 AM   #7
Raimo5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobar View Post
Super helpful thanks! Do you know what zone controls the sky lounge roof? I’m going to play around with it anyways, but figured I’d ask. Super excited to mess with this, will post pics when done.
I can't say for sure, but I'd like to say roof/dome lights apply to sky lounge roof.
Appreciate 0