BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

05-09-2023, 05:35 PM   #1
BMWKaz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 i7

Garage List
2023 BMW i7  [0.00]
ESim now available at Verizon

It looks like ESim has been rolled out for Verizon now …. Only problem for me last few hours is no one at Verizon seems to be able to get it to work on a business account …. They are saying I have to switch my accounts to a personal account rather than business …. Wtffff
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 03:54 PM   #2
xaveon
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i7

I'm attempting to figure this out also. Called Verizon on their business line and all the reps are very confused. Didn't even know what Connected Car is. One of them transferred me to the Fios department. Has anyone here have any luck on activating esim on a Verizon Business account?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 06:05 PM   #3
BMWKaz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i7  [0.00]
I spent about two hours with them with no luck … they had no idea what connected car is … and I was even told that i7 is not compatible … even though it is… I went in to a local store and they attempted to set one up with a consumer account and it seemed to want to go through the process … their recommendation was switch one of the phone number to a consumer account … pay more for the line … and get it ….

This makes no sense … especially since one of their other reps stated that the notes on their end show this could be done on both private and business … they are all sorts of confused … I’m still trying …
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 02:17 PM   #4
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i xDrive

I too am having trouble setting up my Verizon eSim. I spent hours on the phone with BMW Assist, Genius and Verizon.

Conclusion, after having them all on the phone together is that Verizon says BMW has not downloaded the IMEI numbers into their system. I have no idea if this is the answer.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 02:22 PM   #5
BMWKaz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i7  [0.00]
This doesn’t seem to be correct … were you trying to add on a business line ?

I had Verizon on the phone with the bmw people who provided the IMEI number to Verizon who was trying to bypass going through the bmw app … still no luck …
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 02:25 PM   #6
jack760
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin7er View Post
I too am having trouble setting up my Verizon eSim. I spent hours on the phone with BMW Assist, Genius and Verizon.

Conclusion, after having them all on the phone together is that Verizon says BMW has not downloaded the IMEI numbers into their system. I have no idea if this is the answer.
I dont think either of them know whats going on. Was on the phone with both of them last night.
-Verizon said everthing is good on their end its BMW
-BMW said at first my car # was linked to T Mobile and they need to call to tranfer to verizon. Second call they said has nothing to do with that and they would need to create a ticket. They thought it was an app issue.

Solution
For my VZW plan, I had one of the older plans that are no longer available (Beyond Unlimited +)
I switched my plan to one of their newer plans and within minutes I was able to activate it on my account.
Appreciate 1
Mr.blue223.00
      05-11-2023, 02:30 PM   #7
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack760 View Post
I dont think either of them know whats going on. Was on the phone with both of them last night.
-Verizon said everthing is good on their end its BMW
-BMW said at first my car # was linked to T Mobile and they need to call to tranfer to verizon. Second call they said has nothing to do with that and they would need to create a ticket. They thought it was an app issue.

Solution
For my VZW plan, I had one of the older plans that are no longer available (Beyond Unlimited +)
I switched my plan to one of their newer plans and within minutes I was able to activate it on my account.
Hmmm, I too have one of the older plans. Tried exactly what you said and it worked immediately too. Thank you!

Last edited by Lovin7er; 05-11-2023 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2023, 07:12 PM   #8
BMWKaz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i7  [0.00]
I’m still having issues … for over a month now been going back and forth with both Verizon and BMW and they can’t fix it.

Verizon keeps sending me to their connected home department … it’s absolutely maddening I keep telling them it’s not a house and there isn’t a separate device ….

I gave up on my phone and am trying my wife’s now and onboarding complete on Verizon’s end but bmw stuck in step 3/4
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 08:03 PM   #9
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWKaz View Post
I’m still having issues … for over a month now been going back and forth with both Verizon and BMW and they can’t fix it.

Verizon keeps sending me to their connected home department … it’s absolutely maddening I keep telling them it’s not a house and there isn’t a separate device ….

I gave up on my phone and am trying my wife’s now and onboarding complete on Verizon’s end but bmw stuck in step 3/4
Try rebooting iDrive (long press on volume button, 70 seconds).
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2023, 09:15 PM   #10
BMWKaz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW i7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Try rebooting iDrive (long press on volume button, 70 seconds).
I’ve tried that multiple times… I finally got it to work with my wife’s phone but on mine it keeps giving me an error
Appreciate 0