BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

08-09-2019, 08:55 PM   #1
TexasBruiser
Rep
Drives: BMW 750i xDrive

Backup camera and parking warning system "hack".

I have spent a few hours looking for an add-on BSD (blind spot detection) system for my 2016 750i xDrive (sadly, the original owner failed to buy this option).

It appears that with the 2016 models, OBDII system changed significantly and I have been unable to find any Seller with the correct cable for any E-Sys connection.

The 100 or so BSD system I reviewed are not nearly as good as the OEM, of course. And, they result in permanent (holes drilled, wiring harnesses) that will potentially void my OEM and Extended warranties AND look butt ugly on a (original cost) $108K car.

My question is if anyone has an idea if the system I have (parking warning only) can be hacked so that pressing the Parking button can turn on the sensors and camera WHILE DRIVING?
Appreciate 0