BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

07-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #1
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
2020 ordered

Just put in order for 2020 to replace my '17 coming off lease.
Azurite Black
Cognac Nappa; Fineline black trim
Executive Package
Anthracite headliner
DA Pro package
Integral Active Steering
Laserlight
Night Vision
RC parking

For those interested, my calculation is it was at invoice minus $500. Not as good a deal as on my '17. Fewer incentives out there and no pull aheads like last time. But I will qualify for the BMWCCA 1500 rebate. I might have done better if I pushed harder. Another dealer would not even respond when I told them the kind of deal I wanted, and this dealer has been superb on both sales and service -- and happens to be 10 minutes away. At some point you just have to say, "screw it, just do it."

I also was very boring in ordering the same color combo I have now (except for anthracite). I seriously considered Dravit but the gray to me looks very bland while the Azurite is dramatic.

Last edited by AlteBMW; 07-12-2019 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 2
ando1954.50
      07-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

NICE!!!!
Appreciate 1
AlteBMW699.50
      07-12-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
BDWonder
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Azurite Black
Executive Package
Anthracite headliner
DA Pro package
Integral Active Steering
Laserlight
Night Vision
RC parking

For those interested, my calculation is it was at invoice minus $500. Not as good a deal as on my '17. Fewer incentives out there and no pull aheads like last time. But I will qualify for the BMWCCA 1500 rebate. I might have done better if I pushed harder. Another dealer would not even respond when I told them the kind of deal I wanted, and this dealer has been superb on both sales and service -- and happens to be 10 minutes away. At some point you just have to say, "screw it, just do it."

I also was very boring in ordering the same color combo I have now (except for anthracite). I seriously considered Dravit but the gray to me looks very bland while the Azurite is dramatic.
Whats the monthly payment and how much down?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 09:36 PM   #4
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Azurite Black
Executive Package
Anthracite headliner
DA Pro package
Integral Active Steering
Laserlight
Night Vision
RC parking

That's still a great deal. Congrats!

Hey do you happen to know what the residuals are for 10k and 12k miles? I can't find it anywhere on the forum.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 09:50 PM   #5
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post

Hey do you happen to know what the residuals are for 10k and 12k miles? I can't find it anywhere on the forum.
It is 56% for 7500/yr. usually 7500 is one percent higher than 10000 so it should be 55%. Money factor for top tier. Is .00145
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2019, 09:55 PM   #6
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post

It is 56% for 7500/yr. usually 7500 is one percent higher than 10000 so it should be 55%. Money factor for top tier. Is .00145
Thanks

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 03:00 PM   #7
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well, my order was finally put in and accepted for week 38 production, which means mid September. I was okay with delaying because my lease is up towards the end of November and last payment towards end of October. Unlike the last time I ordered, there were no pull-aheads. So now I have month to wait before it gets built and then we will see when it can get on a boat.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 07:54 PM   #8
Kmish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M760i Azurite Black

Great build. Azurite and cognac with fineline black trim is very nice.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 10:06 PM   #9
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanx. I thought about Dravit until I saw it in person (on an 850 at my dealer). It is nice but it is . . .gray. No drama. I have Azurite now with Cognac. Some might consider it boring but I just could find a combination I liked better.
Appreciate 1
Wills28616.00
      08-26-2019, 07:51 PM   #10
Shantosh Seewooruttun
Private
Rep
Drives: Sleek

In my opinion, Azurite Black suits this car well. It is not a boring color. In fact, I see Bernina Grey and Dravit Grey more on the boring side; for me, those two colors seem to be like exciting at first but then soon become meh. As for the interior, Smoke White or Tartufo seems to be good but the white will likely be prone to dirt. Cognac is decent alternative to Tartufo.

Last edited by Shantosh Seewooruttun; 08-26-2019 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 10:09 AM   #11
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thank you for the side by side comparison, which verifies my decision to go with Azurite/Cognac. The only reason I considered Dravit was because I already have Azurite. But I kept coming back to Azurite the more I looked at the gray colors and had a meh reaction to all of them. IMHO, Azurite looks even better in person than in pictures, but Dravit looks great on a computer screen and very ordinary in person. I saw it on an 8 series, which has beautiful lines and was struck by how ordinary Dravit looked.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 02:26 PM   #12
Shantosh Seewooruttun
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the side by side comparison, which verifies my decision to go with Azurite/Cognac. The only reason I considered Dravit was because I already have Azurite. But I kept coming back to Azurite the more I looked at the gray colors and had a meh reaction to all of them. IMHO, Azurite looks even better in person than in pictures, but Dravit looks great on a computer screen and very ordinary in person. I saw it on an 8 series, which has beautiful lines and was struck by how ordinary Dravit looked.
I am glad it helped. Given that you are already used to Azurite Black and Cognac, maybe consider other interior colors instead of trying to change the exterior color. A different interior color will be a significant visual change to what you been used to when inside a car. Even Ivory White and Canberra Beige seem to be good as a change unless they do not fit your taste, and also, they are prone to dirt and stains compared to darker colors like Cognac.

Last edited by Shantosh Seewooruttun; 08-27-2019 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 04:35 PM   #13
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantosh Seewooruttun View Post
I am glad it helped. Given that you are already used to Azurite Black and Cognac, maybe consider other interior colors instead of trying to change the exterior color. A different interior color will be a significant visual change to what you been used to when inside a car. Even Ivory White and Canberra Beige seem to be good as a change unless they do not fit your taste, and also, they are prone to dirt and stains compared to darker colors like Cognac.
Too late. The cognac is ordered. I do not like either Canberra Beige or White as an interior color. Just traded in a 3 series wagon with Canberra and never felt it had a sense of oomph. White has got lots of oomph but no way would I want to have to maintain it. And I wanted to spend my option money on thigs like IAS and laser lights so passed on the upgrade to Tarfufo. Maybe next time.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 07:58 PM   #14
Kmish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M760i Azurite Black

Quote:
Too late. The cognac is ordered. I do not like either Canberra Beige or White as an interior color. Just traded in a 3 series wagon with Canberra and never felt it had a sense of oomph. White has got lots of oomph but no way would I want to have to maintain it. And I wanted to spend my option money on thigs like IAS and laser lights so passed on the upgrade to Tarfufo. Maybe next time.
Lol, I am still trying to figure out “next time” for me.
I have Azurite with black full merino interior now.

If I move off of Azurite, I may consider Aventurine Red or Tanzanite Blue with Amarone Brown? But still haven’t seen Amarone Brown interior in person yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #15
Shantosh Seewooruttun
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmish View Post
Lol, I am still trying to figure out “next time” for me.
I have Azurite with black full merino interior now.

If I move off of Azurite, I may consider Aventurine Red or Tanzanite Blue with Amarone Brown? But still haven’t seen Amarone Brown interior in person yet?
I have not seen Amarone in person too, but from pictures and videos, it seems to be dark red brown and sometimes dark purple brown, sometimes dull and sometimes a bit more lively. I suggest you not to take risk with this color; better you see it in real life. I also have doubts whether it would be a good combination with Aventurine Red.

Last edited by Shantosh Seewooruttun; 08-28-2019 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 01:54 PM   #16
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantosh Seewooruttun View Post
I have not seen Amarone in person too, but from pictures and videos, it seems to be dark red brown and sometimes dark purple brown, sometimes dull and sometimes a bit more lively. I suggest you not to take risk with this color; better you see it in real life. I also have doubts whether it would be a good combination with Aventurine Red.
Agree on real life. I just bought an X3 that is white/Mocha. Mocha looks pretty good on line and I was considering it with Azurite. But after seeing it in person (car was a demo so I did not choose the colors), Mocha IMHO would not go with Azurite at all. I'm getting used to it in the X3, and we bought it despite the color because it had the options we wanted (only one available that had heads up). For a 7 series I would not want to have to get used to the color. There ought to be a wow factor.
Appreciate 0