BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

08-07-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
501JYS
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G12 M730Ld

G12 iDrive re-coding question???

I have read that you can reprogram certain elements of the iDrive.

Does anybody have experience or know if it is possible to put a custom graphic where the M760i graphic is displayed? If a custom graphic is not possible does anybody know if there is a default M logo that could be displayed.

Also it is possible to change the close down BMW image when you turn the car off to an M Performance version?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501JYS View Post
I have read that you can reprogram certain elements of the iDrive.

Does anybody have experience or know if it is possible to put a custom graphic where the M760i graphic is displayed? If a custom graphic is not possible does anybody know if there is a default M logo that could be displayed.

Also it is possible to change the close down BMW image when you turn the car off to an M Performance version?
There are subforums for coding. Do a search and you will find a lot of information on what can and cannot be coded.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 05:08 PM   #3
jlin101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2016 750i

I haven't seen anyone put a custom/non-BMW logo in the instrument cluster. It's possible to code the vehicle to display various logos, such as M760Li, etc. You can also opt for just the M logo, but it will only appear when the car is in Sport mode.

Lots of people here have the M Performance STARTUP animation in iDrive instead of the ConnectedDrive one--don't think many stick around to watch the close-down animation, if there's even one.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 06:29 AM   #4
Jumbzoo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlin101 View Post
I haven't seen anyone put a custom/non-BMW logo in the instrument cluster. It's possible to code the vehicle to display various logos, such as M760Li, etc. You can also opt for just the M logo, but it will only appear when the car is in Sport mode.

Lots of people here have the M Performance STARTUP animation in iDrive instead of the ConnectedDrive one--don't think many stick around to watch the close-down animation, if there's even one.
+1
Appreciate 0