BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

08-11-2023, 01:27 PM   #23
JustJosh
Not dead yet
Rep
Drives: '16 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnotfeelingit View Post
I went to another dealer today and they told me the warranty didn’t to my ownership because I’m not the first owner. It applied to the original owner/lessee. Since title has been transferred as I am the 3rd owner of the vehicle. The “extended warranty” doesn’t really cover, which I felt was ridiculous. Then the service advisor printed out a quote for all four, labor and parts a whopping …. $13,260.
I’m not sure if I’m getting a total run around or not since I’ve only been to two different dealers, but I feel like I can give it a few more attempts and see what happens.

That's bs. I'm not the original owner either but it was taken care of with no trouble. Sorry you're getting jerked around.
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2023, 10:40 PM   #24
Mnotfeelingit
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 750i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj40371 View Post
Fantastic News! So glad it all worked out. Keep enjoying that 750i. I miss mine more and more every day.
Thank you for that bro!!
You gotta get back into one man, even a 740 gets a job done. They’re now in the affordable range 😂
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 10:41 PM   #25
Mnotfeelingit
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJosh View Post
That's bs. I'm not the original owner either but it was taken care of with no trouble. Sorry you're getting jerked around.
Got it all squared out at a different dealer, they did an alignment as well. Super grateful the car is literally driving like new .
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 03:50 AM   #26
Raimo5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Quote:
the car is literally driving like new .
Can you elaborate on that? Were air struts only things replaced during that service? If yes, then I wonder if your shock absorbers were worn out, because I can't see a scenario where worn air bellow would alter drive characteristics.
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2023, 05:13 PM   #27
Mnotfeelingit
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
Can you elaborate on that? Were air struts only things replaced during that service? If yes, then I wonder if your shock absorbers were worn out, because I can't see a scenario where worn air bellow would alter drive characteristics.
I’m assuming it was just the top parts of the strut, the airbags. For starters, the car is so smooth now that everyone that’s sat in it has noticed a difference. You don’t feel the road as much and it isn’t bumpy or vibrating. The second thing is that since the car would sag or tilt to one side, naturally you wouldn’t be sitting straight stationairy if you tried to. Third, from what the advisor told me, there was a mis alignment with the wheels caused by the immense weight of the sagging, combined with a full car that basicaclly shifted the struts a few degrees. The second I got the car back and exited the parking lot, I could totally feel like I’m driving a totally different car.
Appreciate 1
Raimo5196.00
      08-13-2023, 05:25 PM   #28
Raimo5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d xDrive (G11)

Quote:
I’m assuming it was just the top parts of the strut, the airbags. For starters, the car is so smooth now that everyone that’s sat in it has noticed a difference. You don’t feel the road as much and it isn’t bumpy or vibrating. The second thing is that since the car would sag or tilt to one side, naturally you wouldn’t be sitting straight stationairy if you tried to. Third, from what the advisor told me, there was a mis alignment with the wheels caused by the immense weight of the sagging, combined with a full car that basicaclly shifted the struts a few degrees. The second I got the car back and exited the parking lot, I could totally feel like I’m driving a totally different car.
Thanks for reply. Kind of makes me hope my struts will fail before 80k
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2023, 05:45 PM   #29
Mnotfeelingit
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
Thanks for reply. Kind of makes me hope my struts will fail before 80k
Tell me about it, I’ve literally been praying everyone that has this car for their struts to fail, get free ones covered. It gave me much more respect for the brand cause 13k is no small feat to pay for 4 struts. They really helped us out. There’s probably a way to “reach” the damaged stage a bit faster. 😏
Appreciate 1
Raimo5196.00
      08-17-2023, 04:25 PM   #30
dc5525
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 740i Xdrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Officially been all replaced, with an alignment.

Fully covered under warranty brand new shocks, car drives so different I can’t drive anything else
Wow glad all worked out!

Funny - my car JUST HAD this happen today...drove fine no issues yesterday, but when I went to garage this morning it was sagging on one side.

I started it up...no warnings or anything regarding service. When I started car the sagging corrected itself, drove around the block all good like always. Parked it again and few hours later was sagging to the left again.

Good timing BMW put out the 80,000 or 8 year extended warranty on front/rear suspension assemblies. Is that the same warranty that covered your car?

Since the car sagging corrects itself when started (i.e. compressor works) then issue must be in the struts somewhere I would think.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2023, 02:44 AM   #31
Mnotfeelingit
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5525 View Post
Wow glad all worked out!

Funny - my car JUST HAD this happen today...drove fine no issues yesterday, but when I went to garage this morning it was sagging on one side.

I started it up...no warnings or anything regarding service. When I started car the sagging corrected itself, drove around the block all good like always. Parked it again and few hours later was sagging to the left again.

Good timing BMW put out the 80,000 or 8 year extended warranty on front/rear suspension assemblies. Is that the same warranty that covered your car?

Since the car sagging corrects itself when started (i.e. compressor works) then issue must be in the struts somewhere I would think.
yeah they eventually covered it. Did you make an appointment with a service advisor yet? Get the situation handled ASAP
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 02:47 AM   #32
Tony_The_Hammer
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

I missed the warranty by 900 miles by the time I found out what the damage was. My indie fixed it for me. I took my own parts in.
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2023, 06:08 AM   #33
Mnotfeelingit
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_The_Hammer View Post
I missed the warranty by 900 miles by the time I found out what the damage was. My indie fixed it for me. I took my own parts in.
Did you use oem parts or aftermarket?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2023, 09:58 AM   #34
dc5525
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 740i Xdrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
yeah they eventually covered it. Did you make an appointment with a service advisor yet? Get the situation handled ASAP
Yes, took the car in Friday and they confirmed yesterday LF strut assembly needs replaced. They are also going to replace the RF as well as preventive maintenance which is appreciated. Have to order parts (duh...everyone seems to be having this done lately) so without car for two weeks but they gave me 2023 530iX which is sweet ride in the meantime.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2023, 02:47 AM   #35
Mnotfeelingit
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5525 View Post
Yes, took the car in Friday and they confirmed yesterday LF strut assembly needs replaced. They are also going to replace the RF as well as preventive maintenance which is appreciated. Have to order parts (duh...everyone seems to be having this done lately) so without car for two weeks but they gave me 2023 530iX which is sweet ride in the meantime.
Glad it all worked out for you, enjoy the rental!
Appreciate 0