BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

04-03-2020, 08:59 PM   #1
gmcclintock
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5, 2009 328i, 2007 530i

Car Not Starting ....... HELP Pleasee

My car 2009 750Li (F02) won't start, when I press the start/stop button it turns off.

The backstory: Needed to check the timing chain so had to pretty much take the car apart. First thing I did was to disconnect the battery then all the electrical connectors necessary after the work was done I made sure that every connector was connected before reconnecting the battery.

Got in the car connected my laptop and got ready to program the injectors pressed the start/stop button turning the lights on, I heard the fuel pump wining immediately and remained wining the entire time. I got ISTA up and running I was surprised to see 50 errors so I attempted to delete them and after the changeover process none of the errors went away so I figure to hit the start button again to start the car when I did so the dash lights went off and the car did nothing.

I thought it was the battery so I got out my meter and tested it (12v) connected my trickle charge and let it sit overnight then tried to start again same result thought it was fuel pump module in the trunk and ran down to the junk yard and got 2 for testing disconnected battery plugged first one in connected battery, pressed start button and pump still whining, same with second one.

What could be the cause of this? has anyone experienced this before? What do you suggest don't say take it to the dealer because its still too early for that. We're smart men and women here i'm sure someone has a good idea to fix this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0