BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-20-2023, 05:03 PM   #5215
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

To Catch A Killer was alright.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2023, 12:43 PM   #5216
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Really well for an Asian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
who is watching Oppenheimer in true IMAX, looks like it's all sold out except for lame seats. Unless they decide to add more showings.
I’m going to do imax but going to wait a couple weeks until I can get a decent seat.
Appreciate 1
bimmer4562966.00
      07-21-2023, 06:54 PM   #5217
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
I’m going to do imax but going to wait a couple weeks until I can get a decent seat.
You should reserve the seat now for august it’s already filing up
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2023, 07:45 PM   #5218
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Reserved five seats for Oppenheimer on Sunday/30 Jul in the center of the screen, 2/3rds of the way back at the best IMAX in Denver (I looked up where Christopher Nolan said the best seating was). They had *just* opened up the reservations for the week, so I got lucky.

But IMAX tickets?

Spendy.
      07-21-2023, 07:46 PM   #5219
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Damn! I just took a look and you're right. Thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2023, 07:48 PM   #5220
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Reserved five seats for Oppenheimer on Sunday/30 Jul in the center of the screen, 2/3rds of the way back at the best IMAX in Denver (I looked up where Christopher Nolan said the best seating was). They had *just* opened up the reservations for the week, so I got lucky.

But IMAX tickets?

Spendy.
Very spendy. I go to the theater maybe 5 times a year, so I figure I should go for the best experience. Sunday mornings at 25% off also help.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2023, 11:06 PM   #5221
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Very spendy. I go to the theater maybe 5 times a year, so I figure I should go for the best experience. Sunday mornings at 25% off also help.
Discount Tuesdays $10 off
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 06:31 AM   #5222
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

This could be fun.

Appreciate 4
Esteban43808.00
Bingham276.00
      07-22-2023, 08:38 AM   #5223
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Discount Tuesdays $10 off
Unfortunately, the AMC at the Century City mall doesn’t participate.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 01:53 PM   #5224
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

The Flash.

Comic book Movies are among my absolute favorite. Ezra Miller was cast perfectly for this role and character. Too bad he's a pedo.

The film itself. I give a 3.5/5.

It's based on the much better Animated DC movies: Flash Paradox.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 07:50 PM   #5225
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
This could be fun.

The first three were fun.
Appreciate 3
Esteban43808.00
Bingham276.00
      07-22-2023, 07:56 PM   #5226
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
The first three were fun.
Yep, I liked 'em too.
      07-24-2023, 03:55 PM   #5227
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:

But IMAX tickets?

Spendy.
Quote:
Quote:
who is watching Oppenheimer in true IMAX, looks like it's all sold out except for lame seats. Unless they decide to add more showings.
Having seen Oppenheimer on Thursday in XD, glad it was my BILIL paying for it. If you are expecting lots of big bangs and such, you will be disappointed. This is as much an intellectual movie as anything else.

I was amazed at hearing/seeing all the big names in science. Amazing discussion of science, but this doesn't need special effects. It's more about the man himself, and the mental games that went on.

I'm still amazed that we as humans can think up all these ideas, perform minor miracles of science, and yet have the kinds of petty bickering that we still do.
      07-24-2023, 04:09 PM   #5228
leopard print
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Having seen Oppenheimer on Thursday in XD, glad it was my BILIL paying for it. If you are expecting lots of big bangs and such, you will be disappointed. This is as much an intellectual movie as anything else.

I was amazed at hearing/seeing all the big names in science. Amazing discussion of science, but this doesn't need special effects. It's more about the man himself, and the mental games that went on.

I'm still amazed that we as humans can think up all these ideas, perform minor miracles of science, and yet have the kinds of petty bickering that we still do.
Thanks for that. My brother and his wife watched it yesterday and said they same. Maybe I’ll save a few bucks and watch it on a “regular” big screen.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2023, 07:30 PM   #5229
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Damn! I just took a look and you're right. Thanks for the heads up.
There are some tix at Chinese theatre in Hollywood. They are more expensive than citywalk though. Not sure how good the seats are that are available but the venue is very nice. 70 mm imax
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2023, 08:07 PM   #5230
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Who would think this though? Did ppl expect Dr Manhattan to make a special guest appearance or something? LOL.

I don't doubt the film's quality, but the subject seems very dry to me.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2023, 02:32 PM   #5231
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Who would think this though? Did ppl expect Dr Manhattan to make a special guest appearance or something? LOL.

I don't doubt the film's quality, but the subject seems very dry to me.
Which is why we would wait until you were at bingo to watch a second time

I have always been fascinated by both the science AND the human nature aspect of unleashing such power on the world. Would I still do it if I knew Kim discovered a new bomb? Would I tell you about my time machine? When I perfect the transporter, do I beam over to your house?

"I hope, one day, that our humanity will outpace our technology"
      07-25-2023, 02:49 PM   #5232
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Having read American Prometheus a while back, the Trinity Test was so low-key in the book that if you blinked, you missed it. It was *much* more focused on Oppenheimer's life, his managing Los Alamos, and the resultant fallout (see what I did there?) following the war, the creation of the AEC, Oppenheimer's revocation of his security clearance (i.e. governmental blacklisting), etc.

The actual explosion gadget/bomb itself? Only worth a few pages in a really, *really* thick book.

R.

Last edited by flybigjet; 07-25-2023 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2023, 02:57 PM   #5233
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Having read American Prometheus a while back, the Trinity Test was so low-key in the book that if you blinked, you missed it. It was *much* more focused on Oppenheimer's life, his managing Los Alamos, and the resultant fallout (see what I did there?) following the war, the creation of the AOC, Oppenheimer's revocation of his security clearance (i.e. governmental blacklisting), etc.

The actual explosion gadget/bomb itself? Only worth a few pages in a really, *really* thick book.

R.
Dang, that might be the help I needed. I just posted about lacking reading material in cmyx6go book thread. I'll have to research of copy of American Prometheus.
      07-25-2023, 06:04 PM   #5234
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Which is why we would wait until you were at bingo to watch a second time

I have always been fascinated by both the science AND the human nature aspect of unleashing such power on the world. Would I still do it if I knew Kim discovered a new bomb? Would I tell you about my time machine? When I perfect the transporter, do I beam over to your house?

"I hope, one day, that our humanity will outpace our technology"
I hear ya.

I'm more basic, for example, I've been eyeing some condos and am just fascinated how we can just dig a hole in the ground and in a year or so some amazing building is erected. We have the capacity to create so many good things and yet many ppl are drawn to the destructive stuff.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 02:13 PM   #5235
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Watched M. Night's "Knock at the Cabin" last night. I liked it. Dave Bautista is a surprisingly better actor than I thought he'd be. I know he's done other roles but it's the first time I saw him in anything. Would recommend this movie.
      07-30-2023, 05:45 PM   #5236
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Watched M. Night's "Knock at the Cabin" last night. I liked it. Dave Bautista is a surprisingly better actor than I thought he'd be. I know he's done other roles but it's the first time I saw him in anything. Would recommend this movie.
Ya, he's really a good actor. I actually haven't seen a bad performance by him. Check him out in the Blade Runner sequel.
Appreciate 0