BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

06-12-2022, 10:39 PM   #23
bb1510
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mercedes Benz S63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew View Post
I’m not sure about Asian/European markets, but in the US Swarovski is generally perceived as a “fake”, lower middle class “jewelry” for teenagers.

When I hear Swarovski I don’t hear “prestige, craft and quality”, I hear “20 dollar gimmick”.

Swarovski crystals degrade very fast and they look dull and worn down in just a matter of months from normal wear and tear.

It’s no news that German builders and marketers have very poor understanding of the US market in some segments.
While true in the fashion/costume jewelry market, it's not true in the real estate/builder/spec home market regarding crystal light fixtures

Typically when purchasing higher end crystal chandeliers like the typical higher end builder typical Schonbek light fixture, there are different grades of crystal available to choose from varying from faceted glass, to lower lead content crystal, austrian crystals, then branded crystals from Swarovski with a lower end 'spectra' crystal, to their higher end crystal which they use in their jewelry. The refractivity is much higher in the higher grade crystals and the pricing increase is exponential

Further up the line for crystal chandeliers would then be from Lalique and Bacarrat etc