BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

11-24-2023, 09:16 AM   #1
rollingtaser
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

good news: android and BMW app now with all functions

good news!

if you can update your phone to android version 14 (like the samsung s21 and s22) (and it supports digital key +) you will be able to use all remote services including moving the car.

it works, i just tried it today
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 06:51 PM   #2
A-Train
Rep
Drives: i7

Does the myBMw app allow us to set the i7's specific temperature remotely, to get the climate controlled before entering the car? And to set the seat heaters / coolers on or off, and their Intensity? It seems like the car determines the temperature to heat / cool the car based on the ambient temp and not sure what it does with heating or cooling seats.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 03:12 AM   #3
rollingtaser
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
Does the myBMw app allow us to set the i7's specific temperature remotely, to get the climate controlled before entering the car? And to set the seat heaters / coolers on or off, and their Intensity? It seems like the car determines the temperature to heat / cool the car based on the ambient temp and not sure what it does with heating or cooling seats.
it only allows:

direct start of AC (heating or cooling)
timed start of AC (heating or cooling) (time or charge dependent)

seat heating is dependent on the comfort setting in the menue in terms of "warmer as standard" for example.

so: depending on your preferences, yes, it will heat that too.
(cooling: not used/noticed yet)

no settings regarding temperature and stuff
it's blowing stronger than usual, you can hear it go down when you open the door

but: the BMW guy told me that eventually a whole new app will be released - let's hope!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 05:26 AM   #4
A-Train
Rep

Thank you; that was a big help! Though the wording is different in the menus (as of today, anyway), your post led me to poke around in the right direction and the car settings seem much better now (in theory, and I'll know for sure in reality over the next few days). Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 12:41 PM   #5
A-Train
Rep

Is there a simple way to have all my calendar entries (and their locations) synch with the i7 seamlessly, such that directly from the car and without having to use my phone, I can see my calendar / events and click to go to the event location? Even if it's just for the current day's events, that'd be fine.

Currently, I only know that from the myBmw app, I can send an address to my car, and then click to go to that address from the car screen, but this needs to be done from the phone for each calendar event.

I am looking for what is effectively a calendar-view on the BMW screen and then I can just click a calendar event on the BMW screen and its location automatically gets pushed to the BMW nav to start navigation to go to that calendar event's location.

Thoughts / any good solutions that are simple and seamless?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0