BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

01-12-2024, 08:34 AM   #1
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

WeatherTech Floor Liner Alert (Executive Seating Fitment Issue)

For vehicles with the "Executive Seating Option" in the rear:

Weathertech has a notice on their order page that their 2nd row (rear) liners will not fit vehicles with the Executive Seating Option. So I ordered just the first row (fronts) for my i7 M70.

This is a PSA that the front passenger liner is also NOT COMPATIBLE with the Executive seating option. Weathertech does not seem to know this (yet), so I called them and emailed them.

If you have the Executive Seating option, the ONLY Weathertech floor liner which will fit is the Drivers liner!

Sure, the Executive option changes the rear seat layout a bit so they clearly understand this. What they didn't anticipate, is that the Executive option also greatly effects the front passenger seat footwell. The Executive option automatically moves the front passenger seat all the way forward until the headrest literally lays on the dashboard. (The front passenger seat then has a footrest which deploys on its back side for the right-rear lounge passenger).

In order to move the pass seat so far forward, the seat rails extend significantly further forward than the "normal" option. As such, the current Weathertech floor liner for the front pass seat is too long to fit in the footwell. Besides being too long, the little mounting prongs (which replace the Velcro-like BMW pads) would need to be moved about 3 inches further forward.

Weathertech has offered me a 50% refund on the purchase of my first row liners (as I will continue to use my Driver Side liner). Hopefully they will get their product page updated ASAP and also get working on an alternate liner for the passenger footwell.

In the meantime, I'm going to see if I can cut down the pass side liner without making too much of a horror of it
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 12:03 PM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Good to post this. I am partial to Cocomats, but it will get filed just in case.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2024, 10:52 PM   #3
AVandelay
Ranking Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 760i // X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Good to post this. I am partial to Cocomats, but it will get filed just in case.
Cocomats for Winter? Do tell....
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 08:31 AM   #4
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVandelay View Post
Cocomats for Winter? Do tell....
Winter the 7 is mostly (but not completely) in Florida. My winter driving solution in NY is an X3. . With rubber mats. It is also the beach solution.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 02:41 PM   #5
bnzvett1
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

my wife just ordered me a set for my i7. During the process it now asks if you vehicle is equipped with the rear executive lounge seating package. Maybe your issue caused them to update the ordering process.
Appreciate 0