BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-12-2020, 05:39 PM   #1
The7th
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 740xd M Performance

Service Pack on G11

So had my engine oil and oil filter changed today but no other filters. This was done under Service Pack included with the car. That is a no no for me as I always change all filters. I have asked why not the other filters and the guy told me : no need. But I want to change them! Cannot buy them from BMW as none in stock.
Any BMW OEM part retailers in the UK/Europe? Or shall I just go for replacements? Ie: Bosch, Mahle, Mann etc ?

Didn't like the BMW service ... bad customer service at BMW Sidcup.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 10:27 AM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7th View Post
So had my engine oil and oil filter changed today but no other filters. This was done under Service Pack included with the car. That is a no no for me as I always change all filters. I have asked why not the other filters and the guy told me : no need. But I want to change them! Cannot buy them from BMW as none in stock.
Any BMW OEM part retailers in the UK/Europe? Or shall I just go for replacements? Ie: Bosch, Mahle, Mann etc ?

Didn't like the BMW service ... bad customer service at BMW Sidcup.
Very very strange that an item like an oil filter would be out of stock. Does that mean the dealer never changes filters? Filters are something that would be stocked as normal course along with oil. Did you ask the service manager?

Here is a older BMW service bulletin when they changed from 15000 mi intervals to 10000 mi. You will note each and every interval includes oil AND filter change. This sounds like BS from your dealer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2020, 02:12 AM   #3
The7th
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 740xd M Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Very very strange that an item like an oil filter would be out of stock. Does that mean the dealer never changes filters? Filters are something that would be stocked as normal course along with oil. Did you ask the service manager?

Here is a older BMW service bulletin when they changed from 15000 mi intervals to 10000 mi. You will note each and every interval includes oil AND filter change. This sounds like BS from your dealer.
Yep true. Lots of BS from that dealer.
Guess what! they said I only need 1 air filter and 1 cabin filter :happy anim:
Appreciate 0