BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

11-18-2022, 11:58 PM   #1
Dickbanks
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 750Li(G12)

Help deciding between 2019 and 2020 G11

Ok so i desperately need some help here. I found a 2019 750 Li that is fully loaded with everything except the night vision (which i kinda like) in a great colour.. has the full Executive package rear seats with 2 tv's, bowers silkens...everything. I don't ever have anyone in the back seat except my little french bulldog that never leaves her basket. But they also have a 2020 in a great colour with the night vision, BUT no executive backseat package, which although i don't need...is cool. The 2020 still has plenty of options, just no sky lounge roof, or executive entertainment package and no tablet... The 2020 is gonna be 10-12k more... I just can't decide. Any thoughts would be really helpful.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 07:58 AM   #2
dominick08
Rep
Drives: 335i

What is the mileage on both?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 11:36 AM   #3
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

I have night vision, it's cool and works well but I hardly ever use it after I got over the novelty.

I have the non-lounge rear console with tablet, and all the other options on the car. With the lounge, the front passenger seat loses a lot of it's adjustability to accommodate that rear seat foot rest. I specifically excluded the lounge when I found that out in favor my my front passengers comfort, specifically my wife whom has back issues and needs lumbar adjustments.

Also, that rear center console section is immovable. with the non/lounge seat, the center console folds out of the way if you need to put anything large back there. It's almost as nice and still can come with the tablet, but way more practical.

Other than being a year newer, I don't see the value in a 2020 over a 2019. It's a lot to pay for a new front grille.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 02:22 PM   #4
Dickbanks
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick08 View Post
What is the mileage on both?
Both vehicles have almost the same mileage (35,000 miles on the 2019, vs 36,500 on the 2020).
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 02:34 PM   #5
Dickbanks
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
I have night vision, it's cool and works well but I hardly ever use it after I got over the novelty.

I have the non-lounge rear console with tablet, and all the other options on the car. With the lounge, the front passenger seat loses a lot of it's adjustability to accommodate that rear seat foot rest. I specifically excluded the lounge when I found that out in favor my my front passengers comfort, specifically my wife whom has back issues and needs lumbar adjustments.

Also, that rear center console section is immovable. with the non/lounge seat, the center console folds out of the way if you need to put anything large back there. It's almost as nice and still can come with the tablet, but way more practical.

Other than being a year newer, I don't see the value in a 2020 over a 2019. It's a lot to pay for a new front grille.
Oh maybe i was unclear... the 2019 does not have the immovable full executive stage 2, rather it has the tablet centre console in the rear and the 2 tv's with the sky lounge etc..

the 2020 is equipped with a plain jane back seat.. no tablet, just cupholders in the rear centre console, and also no skylounge...but is a 2020 LCI, so mainly has the new cluster(which i am not sure i really love, new grill (i like it but not sure i love how boxy the newer model is, and the great new taillights).. the 2020 also has laser lights which the 19 doesn't.

But your reply on the night vision is very helpful... i feel like its cool, but I'm not sure how often i would use it. But also, same with the rear seat options... I love them, but nobody will ever sit there except me when I'm bored or waiting on someone and need a break or a nap. lol.

Also, the 2020 has 523 hp vs the 444 in the 19... but i may just throw a tuner on the 19...or even the 2020.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 02:45 PM   #6
abnatelee
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 BMW 750i, G30 BMW M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickbanks View Post
Quote:

Oh maybe i was unclear... the 2019 does not have the immovable full executive stage 2, rather it has the tablet centre console in the rear and the 2 tv's with the sky lounge etc..

the 2020 is equipped with a plain jane back seat.. no tablet, just cupholders in the rear centre console, and also no skylounge...but is a 2020 LCI, so mainly has the new cluster(which i am not sure i really love, new grill (i like it but not sure i love how boxy the newer model is, and the great new taillights).. the 2020 also has laser lights which the 19 doesn't.

But your reply on the night vision is very helpful... i feel like its cool, but I'm not sure how often i would use it. But also, same with the rear seat options... I love them, but nobody will ever sit there except me when I'm bored or waiting on someone and need a break or a nap. lol.

Also, the 2020 has 523 hp vs the 444 in the 19... but i may just throw a tuner on the 19...or even the 2020.
A piggyback tune can easily get a G11 pre-LCI from 445 to 500+ HP. Honestly, I really do think 445 is enough hp to get you up to highway speeds in no time. However, if you do want that slight bump in hp, just to have, then go for a tune or go for a LCI G11 that's 523 HP.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2022, 02:50 PM   #7
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for clarifying. The rear tablet is quite nice - if you have rear passengers. Mine has the TV's too, and that combination of features gets used a lot in mine. Absent rear passengers, it's a waste of money unless you look at it as a resale feature. I worry about the tablet lasting the life of the car. Its a Samsung and feels well constructed, but will it really still work 10 years from now? They are quite expensive to replace ($800-2000 depending on where you get it), and I'm sure when it finally dies on mine, there will be none to buy.

The power/performance differences between the 2019 & 2020 M760i is small by comparison to the V8's in the 750i's, and I'm sure that's a noticeable difference. Drive them to see if you would truly miss it.

The dash cluster is nicer on the 2020's, but I mostly look at the HUD for 99% of my driving, I determined it wasn't worth the difference to me for the way I experience the drive. Only time I look at the cluster itself now is to see how much is in the tank, or to confirm what drive mode I'm in (transmission). I don't use NAV much, and it's in the HUD anyway, so having it in the cluster is a waste to me.

Your driving experience is likely different from mine, make your self happy, these cars are something special to drive, make sure options-wise it makes you feel that way when you drive it.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2022, 06:03 PM   #8
Dickbanks
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. The rear tablet is quite nice - if you have rear passengers. Mine has the TV's too, and that combination of features gets used a lot in mine. Absent rear passengers, it's a waste of money unless you look at it as a resale feature. I worry about the tablet lasting the life of the car. Its a Samsung and feels well constructed, but will it really still work 10 years from now? They are quite expensive to replace ($800-2000 depending on where you get it), and I'm sure when it finally dies on mine, there will be none to buy.

The power/performance differences between the 2019 & 2020 M760i is small by comparison to the V8's in the 750i's, and I'm sure that's a noticeable difference. Drive them to see if you would truly miss it.

The dash cluster is nicer on the 2020's, but I mostly look at the HUD for 99% of my driving, I determined it wasn't worth the difference to me for the way I experience the drive. Only time I look at the cluster itself now is to see how much is in the tank, or to confirm what drive mode I'm in (transmission). I don't use NAV much, and it's in the HUD anyway, so having it in the cluster is a waste to me.

Your driving experience is likely different from mine, make your self happy, these cars are something special to drive, make sure options-wise it makes you feel that way when you drive it.
Thanks so much. I would normally go drive it and sit in it... but the nearest dealer that has any 7's is 1200 miles away and i am relying on pictures to decide (and valuable opinions here). I think the 2019 is gonna win this though... I can't get over how nice it is in Nardo grey with 21 inch rims and the b blackout package.

My next posts will soon be on what else i can do to it..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 01:32 AM   #9
Dickbanks
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnatelee View Post
A piggyback tune can easily get a G11 pre-LCI from 445 to 500+ HP. Honestly, I really do think 445 is enough hp to get you up to highway speeds in no time. However, if you do want that slight bump in hp, just to have, then go for a tune or go for a LCI G11 that's 523 HP.
Its more the sun d and growl that i love. I just bought the pre-LCI 2019 today and ill fly out to pick it up next week. Im already looking for a tune shop in the City i am picking it up in to have a stage 2 tune put on immediately. I spent the last 5 years with a Tesla Model S and i am craving some angry v-8 action.
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi1605.00
      11-20-2022, 10:23 AM   #10
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Sweet, I got mine sight unseen too, but had it shipped. I didn't regret that decision one bit, it's a magical ride. I've driven a model S performance, and while that is faster in a straight line, I am totally satisfied and thrilled when I step on it in the 7. the car doesn't feel as heavy as it is. My previous daily driver was about 700 pounds lighter, and I trust the 7 more in spirited driving. The various adaptive suspension systems do wonders on controlling this beast.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 01:33 PM   #11
Dickbanks
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Sweet, I got mine sight unseen too, but had it shipped. I didn't regret that decision one bit, it's a magical ride. I've driven a model S performance, and while that is faster in a straight line, I am totally satisfied and thrilled when I step on it in the 7. the car doesn't feel as heavy as it is. My previous daily driver was about 700 pounds lighter, and I trust the 7 more in spirited driving. The various adaptive suspension systems do wonders on controlling this beast.
The funny thing is I have never even driven the 7... I drove a BMW M550 (2018) model, and i liked that, so i figured the 7 must be better. My first drive will be when i pick it up.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 09:20 PM   #12
jlin101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2016 750i

Quote:
The funny thing is I have never even driven the 7... I drove a BMW M550 (2018) model, and i liked that, so i figured the 7 must be better. My first drive will be when i pick it up.
the 7 drives very differently than the 5, at least the G12 that we get here in the US. While the 5 can be driven like a normal car, the 7 floats like a limo, even with the M suspension.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 07:01 PM   #13
dominick08
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Both vehicles have almost the same mileage (35,000 miles on the 2019, vs 36,500 on the 2020).

Then save the money and get the 2019
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 12:15 AM   #14
Dickbanks
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick08 View Post
Then save the money and get the 2019
I guess thats the big question. My wife thinks I'm crazy to buy the old body style... i kinda think kit looks better than the squared off 2020 and up models.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 12:00 PM   #15
kdwbmb
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 750i XDrive

First time poster here. I just bought a 2019 750i XDrive that came off of a lease with 41k miles. It was priced at 59k in late Sept and decreased to $49,500 in late October so I pulled the trigger. I also added the extra 2 year CPO warranty with unlimited miles for $6k, so i'll have the unlimited mile warranty until March of 2026. I usually keep cars around 3 years so i'm hoping for a worry free ownership period. This is my first BMW. The 7 series has been my dream car since i was 16. I'm 39 now. In the month I've owned it so far i'm more than impressed. I drive 110 miles each way to work 3 days/week, and i can say it's at it's best cruising on the highway in comfort plus mode. When it's time to show off I pop it in sport mode. It stiffens everything up in regards to steering and suspension. It also changes the instrument cluster. I've never had a car this comfortable and fast in the same car. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the 2019 at all. I also like the grill on the pre facelift 2019's, although i'll be getting a 2022/2023 off lease when my warranty expires, assuming i don't have too many issues with this one. Good luck on your new ride!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 01:35 AM   #16
Dickbanks
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdwbmb View Post
First time poster here. I just bought a 2019 750i XDrive that came off of a lease with 41k miles. It was priced at 59k in late Sept and decreased to $49,500 in late October so I pulled the trigger. I also added the extra 2 year CPO warranty with unlimited miles for $6k, so i'll have the unlimited mile warranty until March of 2026. I usually keep cars around 3 years so i'm hoping for a worry free ownership period. This is my first BMW. The 7 series has been my dream car since i was 16. I'm 39 now. In the month I've owned it so far i'm more than impressed. I drive 110 miles each way to work 3 days/week, and i can say it's at it's best cruising on the highway in comfort plus mode. When it's time to show off I pop it in sport mode. It stiffens everything up in regards to steering and suspension. It also changes the instrument cluster. I've never had a car this comfortable and fast in the same car. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the 2019 at all. I also like the grill on the pre facelift 2019's, although i'll be getting a 2022/2023 off lease when my warranty expires, assuming i don't have too many issues with this one. Good luck on your new ride!!!!
Thanks for sharing that. I pulled the trigger on the 2019 and flew out 2 days ago to pick it up and drive it back 1000 miles in a crazy snow storm through the rocky mountains (on 21 inch Pirelli P-zero summer tires...totally illegal between october and april as you are required to have winter or M+S all season tires, but i couldn't find any and the dealer's only solution was to sell me some old, used 19 inch whee/rim set they had lying around in the basement for 3k...so i decided to pass and take my chances.) I did get a speeding ticket on the way back...which im sure you understand, as it is so easy to speed and not realize how fast you are going in that car. Long story short, I love the car.... and after 12 hours of sleep im sure ill love her even more.

I just realized, i left all my documents at the dealership i was so excited, never set up half the stuff like bmw app, the tablet etc...oh well, lots to dp, and many hours of fun setting it up how i like.
Appreciate 0