BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

09-13-2022, 07:08 AM   #397
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Seattle fans booing the best QB they ever had?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 10:52 AM   #398
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Seattle fans booing the best QB they ever had?
Just goes to show how absurd fans can be.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 01:55 PM   #399
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Welp... And just like that. My Cowboys season has come to a dismal end.

Jerry believing somehow that Dak is Superhuman. Or that 1 good Receiver would cut it. Or maybe by some magic, Kellen Moore is the Offensive Mastermind that only the Jonses believe him to be. Who fucking knows...

Barring unforeseen injuries:

BILLS vs BUCS
if gallup was playing, our wrs are significantly better. we had lamb and bums out there. pretty easy to shut that down.

Looks like gallup will be back this game or next, so that solves that.

The bigger issue is of course dak being healthy. with no dak, it just exposes kellen moore's flaws even more. he seems to be good against certain defenses, but if they change it up, he cant figure it out.

and whoever's idea it was to play pollard more on passing downs needs to be fired immediately. He can not pass block at all, and his poor attempts at blocking are what ultimately got dak hurt. Zeke was moving the ball well to start the game, then for whatever reason, they decided to let pollard play more and he is no zeke.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 03:45 PM   #400
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Cook ran well for the Vikes
Jefferson seemed unstoppable
Theilen, when needed, caught the ball
Defense didn't seem to be as porous as usual, but that may have as much to do with Rodgers not having a very good day.

At this rate, we are a likely wildcard. SKOL!!!
      09-13-2022, 06:54 PM   #401
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan435 View Post
it's so hard to tell who'll make it in the nfc, they all look weak. i'm a ravens guy so i'm hopeful to make it to at LEAST the afc championship (unlikely) but i have a strong feeling bills are SB bound.
Lamar will get hit with the FT next season (unlucky him lol). Maybe they’ll sneak in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Defense didn't seem to be as porous as usual, but that may have as much to do with Rodgers not having a very good day.

I’ll bet the Vikings will fall flat on their faces like they always do! But glad you beat up on Drama Rodgers.

Looks like there will be life after death for Dallas as Dak might be back in 4 weeks.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2022, 07:09 PM   #402
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
My Cobra Commanders win! Good W but can't let 2 Rb's average 6 and 11 yards respectively. That will be better when Chase returns. Having said that can't wait to get the rookie beast Dotson's jersey! Haha!
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 08:04 PM   #403
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWYER View Post
My Washington Redskins win! Good W but can't let 2 Rb's average 6 and 11 yards respectively. That will be better when Chase returns. Having said that can't wait to get the rookie beast Dotson's jersey! Haha!
FTFY
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 09:05 AM   #404
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Even if Dak didn’t get injured, they weren’t moving the ball. Overpaying for Ezekiel/Dak leaves you no room for pass rushers, WR’s and other areas in need. Again, you’ll get a better coach for next season.
weve got wrs, lamb and gallup, with washington or tolbert eventually. its just that only 1 of those was active for the game.

Pass rushers, weve got parsons who is a stud and dlaw who is solid.

The biggest concern is OLine, especially with McGovern out. Hopefully Peters is ready to go and we can plug him in at LT and move Smith back to LG. And for the love of God if you need a HB to help block, never put Pollard back there. That should be Zeke and only Zeke until Pollard learns what a block is.

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 09:08 AM   #405
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

I know im late to the party, but how long before coaches realize playing starters in Preseason is beneficial, even if its just a few series?

Teams like the Rams, Packers, Cowboys, Broncos, etc. that didnt play any/most starters, struggled in week 1 while teams like the Bills and Chiefs that played their starters came out of the gates swinging.

Appreciate 1
lakefront560.50
      09-14-2022, 09:29 AM   #406
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
weve got wrs, lamb and gallup, with washington or tolbert eventually. its just that only 1 of those was active for the game.

Pass rushers, weve got parsons who is a stud and dlaw who is solid.

The biggest concern is OLine, especially with McGovern out. Hopefully Peters is ready to go and we can plug him in at LT and move Smith back to LG. And for the love of God if you need a HB to help block, never put Pollard back there. That should be Zeke and only Zeke until Pollard learns what a block is.
You don’t have WR’s and the D is spotty, a RB who has been on the decline and even when Dak comes back, I don’t see him playing all pro to get them in the position to compete with the Eagles. Do you really think McCarthy has what it takes to manage a game properly when it matters the most?

Good luck with that.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 09:29 AM   #407
Ljn21
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 x35i

Quote:

As a Packer fan it’s my duty to hate the Vikings and despite Rodgers drama I haven’t given up Packer fandom yet but damn Jefferson is a stud.
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17997.50
      09-14-2022, 09:32 AM   #408
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:

I lost some money on this past sunday's game. I bet my bro-in-law 30 bucks per game and took the Packers covering the points. Then I also bet on the Vikings winning less than the Vegas line of 9.5 wins this season. After Sunday that was probably a bad bet!! Big challenge coming up in philly on monday and especially with a very mobile QB.
      09-14-2022, 09:44 PM   #409
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

I would like to see Daniel Jones play a few games w a real offensive line and a few good receivers and see how he does. No excuses for all the turnovers but hes been on some horrible teams w bad coaching.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 09:56 PM   #410
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljn21 View Post
As a Packer fan it’s my duty to hate the Vikings and despite Rodgers drama I haven’t given up Packer fandom yet but damn Jefferson is a stud.
Jefferson is a great player but it wasn't because of his ability that he was open the whole first half with no defender within 5-10 yards of him. Terrible game plan for starters. And despite the "experts" still thinking this is Rodgers team, Packers will only go as far as the defense and running game takes them. WRs just too inexperienced and O line still banged up. Will see what this team is about midseason....
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 04:18 AM   #411
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
I would like to see Daniel Jones play a few games w a real offensive line and a few good receivers and see how he does. No excuses for all the turnovers but hes been on some horrible teams w bad coaching.
Daboll so far has earned praise but the D gave up two big penalties on the Titans last drive. Yeah they missed the FG but the Giants got lucky because the Titans:

Have an avg QB
Pass coverage got exposed
Questionable play calling

Jones played a ‘solid’ game but the fumbles continue. Their next three home games are winnable so they SHOULD be 4-0 but because this is Jones we’re talking about and the fact that the Giants have no secondary, I’m not going to hold my breathe.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 10:49 AM   #412
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You don’t have WR’s and the D is spotty, a RB who has been on the decline and even when Dak comes back, I don’t see him playing all pro to get them in the position to compete with the Eagles. Do you really think McCarthy has what it takes to manage a game properly when it matters the most?

Good luck with that.
Lamb and Gallup are both 1k+ yd wrs when healthy. Gallup is looking like he'll be back by week 3. Between Lamb, Gallup and Schultz, we should have plenty of targets for the QB.

The D is still solid. Some issues vs the Bucs last week, but there is nothing that indicates the D wont be as good as it was last season. The only "starter" we didnt bring back is Randy Gregory, and his production was spotty at best when he was available.

Zeke was leading the league last year before he got hurt, and looked good week 1. Kellen just decided to stop feeding him for some reason.

Unless Dak has lingering issues when he comes back, I expect him to have another good season like he had last year. He has the NFC East's number, and unless the rest of the team completely falls apart, there is no reason to think he cant go 3-3 at a minimum vs the NFC East, and would be surprised if he sweeps them again. Hes 25-6 vs the NFCE and has just 2 losses vs the NFCE since 2018

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 12:38 PM   #413
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Lamb and Gallup are both 1k+ yd wrs when healthy. Gallup is looking like he'll be back by week 3. Between Lamb, Gallup and Schultz, we should have plenty of targets for the QB.

The D is still solid. Some issues vs the Bucs last week, but there is nothing that indicates the D wont be as good as it was last season. The only "starter" we didnt bring back is Randy Gregory, and his production was spotty at best when he was available.

Zeke was leading the league last year before he got hurt, and looked good week 1. Kellen just decided to stop feeding him for some reason.

Unless Dak has lingering issues when he comes back, I expect him to have another good season like he had last year. He has the NFC East's number, and unless the rest of the team completely falls apart, there is no reason to think he cant go 3-3 at a minimum vs the NFC East, and would be surprised if he sweeps them again. Hes 25-6 vs the NFCE and has just 2 losses vs the NFCE since 2018
Too many speculations, ifs and assumptions there. Plus you have McCarthy who’ll screw it up as usual. Just admit it that you’ll take the knee for the season.
Appreciate 1
GERMAN M34181.00
      09-17-2022, 12:51 PM   #414
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M550I

Quote:
Daboll so far has earned praise but the D gave up two big penalties on the Titans last drive. Yeah they missed the FG but the Giants got lucky because the Titans:

Have an avg QB
Pass coverage got exposed
Questionable play calling

Jones played a ‘solid’ game but the fumbles continue. Their next three home games are winnable so they SHOULD be 4-0 but because this is Jones we’re talking about and the fact that the Giants have no secondary, I’m not going to hold my breathe.
The Giants also have no good linebackers, a still suspect offensive line and average receivers/Tight ends. One of the least talented rosters in the league and over the salary cap. The last regime set us back a long time but the new GM/coach look like they know what they are doing, only time will tell. As far as Daniel Jones goes I am still curious to see how he would perform with a good offense.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2022, 02:09 PM   #415
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliphil View Post
The Giants also have no good linebackers, a still suspect offensive line and average receivers/Tight ends. One of the least talented rosters in the league and over the salary cap. The last regime set us back a long time but the new GM/coach look like they know what they are doing, only time will tell. As far as Daniel Jones goes I am still curious to see how he would perform with a good offense.
If they get to 4-0 that would draw my attention but I highly doubt it. Let’s just take it game by game but the NFC Least is wide open, though the Commanders aren’t making noise with that head-case of a QB.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 05:26 PM   #416
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Another good game for Wentz & the rookie of year leader but defense was terrible! Regardless of 2 starters out, I won't be happy until Del Rio is fired.
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 06:18 PM   #417
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

I am so foking sick of both McCarthy and Moore. They can't coach jack and shit.
17 to 3 at the Half and you want to play timid and shit. The Defense is naturally worn down by long as drives.
Utter Bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 06:38 PM   #418
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

OMG.... Who in TF decided to put Jason "Clapper" Garrett on Sunday Night Football NBC Cast???
Appreciate 0