BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-02-2022, 04:53 PM   #243
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
You can either cry and bitch now (too late). Or cry and bitch later.

Get the fuck over it. EV's are coming.
Quote:
Run for presidency and make a difference.

I don't give 2 shits about how it's going to work, will it work, will it affect the environment, the grid, the people, the manufacturers or any of that bullshit.

I like the EV i got and i like the idea. The idea of the fast growing rate of people buying EV's are proof people are on the same page. Obviously you'll have your doubters, like yourself.

BUT AGAIN WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT?

Not a damn fucking thing. Accept it already. You're acting like you have the answer. You don't. ANd if you did, you can't do shit about it to change what's to come.

Now which EV are you going to buy in the future?
So you just want what you want and don't care about the consequences. Did you not earn enough participation trophies?
Appreciate 3
Cos270608.50
Efthreeoh17208.00
dizz81311.00
      10-02-2022, 05:05 PM   #244
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
So you just want what you want and don't care about the consequences. Did you not earn enough participation trophies?
I accept whatever is going to happen.

Not like there's a booth where you can vote or a petition you can sign going against this. Wait actually you can, you can vote for the right guy at the next election. Might make a difference, might not.

This thread was made to mock tesla and/or EVs. The shit got shot down quick.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 05:10 PM   #245
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I accept whatever is going to happen.

Not like there's a booth where you can vote or a petition you can sign going against this. Wait actually you can, you can vote for the right guy at the next election. Might make a difference, might not.

This thread was made to mock tesla and/or EVs. The shit got shot down quick.
The thread was made as a singular case to make a point. By your logic if driving is outlawed... no wait thats not realistic. If driving comes to a screeching halt because we totally fuck up our infrastructure, you accept that too.

Sorry I am not a drone citizen of the republik.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17208.00
      10-02-2022, 05:30 PM   #246
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The thread was made as a singular case to make a point. By your logic if driving is outlawed... no wait thats not realistic. If driving comes to a screeching halt because we totally fuck up our infrastructure, you accept that too.

Sorry I am not a drone citizen of the republik.
Have you seen the movie demolition man?

Don't worry it won't be like that in our lifetime.

If the ban does happen in 2035 (again we don't even know if that's set in stone), the used market will still allow people to drive ICE cars.

When elon makes the first flying car, then start to worry. His AI robot that debuted is very impressive lol.

The worrying about this whole thing is amusing. Cars are supposed to be a hobby. If this hobby fails find another.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 05:45 PM   #247
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

If the ban does happen in 2035 (again we don't even know if that's set in stone), the used market will still allow people to drive ICE cars.

When elon makes the first flying car, then start to worry. His AI robot that debuted is very impressive lol.

The worrying about this whole thing is amusing. Cars are supposed to be a hobby. If this hobby fails find another.
Are you a politician? I would guess so the way you replied to my post with absolutely no response to what I said.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 05:54 PM   #248
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:
Run for presidency and make a difference.
Or how about I enlighten the masses that vote and put these clowns into power so not only does this get repealed, but people try to use their brains next time around.

Do you think all our present leaders will still be in power at the end of future elections ?

Quote:
I don't give 2 shits about how it's going to work, will it work, will it affect the environment, the grid, the people, the manufacturers or any of that bullshit.
Folks, we have identified the problem ^.

Quote:
I like the EV i got and i like the idea. The idea of the fast growing rate of people buying EV's are proof people are on the same page. Obviously you'll have your doubters, like yourself.
Some people like crack and hookers too, and DGAF about what anyone else says. Doesn't make it a good way to live life, and doesn't mean you can expect any of us to follow you.

Quote:
BUT AGAIN WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT IT?
Same thing that was done last time some of these stupid ideas were pushed as mandates. Those persons/parties weren't re-elected, and the laws were rescinded.

Quote:
Not a damn fucking thing. Accept it already. You're acting like you have the answer. You don't. ANd if you did, you can't do shit about it to change what's to come.
You don't seem to have the answers either (and I have asked), and you can't change the consequences that will come from that ignorance. You will have to live with it if this all comes to pass. Problem is, so will the rest of us, so I hope to see it stopped and re-assessed & re-worked for viability.

Quote:
Now which EV are you going to buy in the future?
Still waiting for a good one. I test drove a Model S performance before I chose my current ride. It was, meh.
Appreciate 2
Cos270608.50
dizz81311.00
      10-02-2022, 05:58 PM   #249
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Cars are supposed to be a hobby.
Then why not jsut ban cars, make it a law that only public transport or manual labor vehicles (bikes/etc.) can be used?

They are supposed to be a resource/tool to support yourself and your family. That's why people get very interested in regulations that impact this resource.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 06:03 PM   #250
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad86tsi View Post
Or how about I enlighten the masses that vote and put these clowns into power so not only does this get repealed, but people try to use their brains next time around.

Do you think all our present leaders will still be in power at the end of future elections ?

Folks, we have identified the problem ^.

Some people like crack and hookers too, and DGAF about what anyone else says. Doesn't make it a good way to live life, and doesn't mean you can expect any of us to follow you.

Same thing that was done last time some of these stupid ideas were pushed as mandates. Those persons/parties weren't re-elected, and the laws were rescinded.

You don't seem to have the answers either (and I have asked), and you can't change the consequences that will come from that ignorance. You will have to live with it if this all comes to pass. Problem is, so will the rest of us, so I hope to see it stopped and re-assessed & re-worked for viability.

Still waiting for a good one. I test drove a Model S performance before I chose my current ride. It was, meh.

I don't need to have the answer. You are asking questions that shouldn't be answered. This isn't a vote on whether what is happening is better for our future or not. They have mandates and restrictions set in place (again not sure about the 2035 date) and that's that. You ride with it or not. The inevitability will still take place.

That's like saying why does x NBA player makes x amount. 100k people might say yeah he's getting paid accordingly, x amount of people might say why would NBA players get paid that much.

Your last comment is proof that one person isn't enough to make a difference.

Everyone loves the EV's they buy, doesn't necessarily have to be tesla. Every car maker has an EV in their fleet now. This is so different than what you know if that has taken place in the past.

And the ever growing rate of EV purchases are proof.

Not sure why you're having a hard time understanding this. You're doing a bunch of typing asking questions regarding politics but that's irrelevant.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 06:04 PM   #251
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Then why not jsut ban cars, make it a law that only public transport or manual labor vehicles (bikes/etc.) can be used?

They are supposed to be a resource/tool to support yourself and your family. That's why people get very interested in regulations that impact this resource.
So ban every hobby that doesn't seem sensible in modern times?

People still collect baseball cards.

Cars are an appliance FIRST, anything else after that is secondary and not a priority.

We make up the small percentage in car ownership. Car makers don't care if we're mad there's no more engines. If they can sell 1 million EV's, while ICE heads cry, they'll continue to sell EV's.

They are in this game to make money.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 06:09 PM   #252
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:

Are you a politician? I would guess so the way you replied to my post with absolutely no response to what I said.
Bro. You and the other dude are wasting your time. That dude has an answer for everything. You could tell him water is wet and he will have a way to say your wrong. Lol. Look at me with corvettes and a Tesla. Fiction is fun:-) Ace Ventura🤣😂
Appreciate 2
      10-02-2022, 06:21 PM   #253
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I don't need to have the answer.
I do, because I've been tasked with making it happen.

Quote:
You are asking questions that shouldn't be answered.

Quote:
This isn't a vote on whether what is happening is better for our future or not. They have mandates and restrictions set in place (again not sure about the 2035 date) and that's that. You ride with it or not. The inevitability will still take place.
You seem to think I don't know that, I do. The debatable part is when, how, and at what cost.

Quote:
Not sure why you're having a hard time understanding this. You're doing a bunch of typing asking questions regarding politics but that's irrelevant.
Because I already typed questions about solving the issues this plan has with the laws of physics, and you don't answer. It seems you not only don't have answers, you don't even think you need them : "I don't need to have the answer".

You ask what anyone can even do about it. The answer is to use the political process. That's how this whole mandate got started, isn't it? A elected politician made a mandate. There is a political process to un-do that.

If EV's are inevitable, why mandate them? Like what fucking backwards logic is that? I'd say Everyone loves the EV's they buy. The ever growing rate of EV purchases are proof. that we don't need a mandate...
Appreciate 2
      10-02-2022, 06:24 PM   #254
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I do, because I've been tasked with making it happen.

You seem to think I don't know that, I do. The debatable part is when, how, and at what cost.

Because I already typed questions about solving the issues this plan has with the laws of physics, and you don't answer. It seems you not only don't have answers, you don't even think you need them : "I don't need to have the answer".

You ask what anyone can even do about it. The answer is to use the political process. That's how this whole mandate got started, isn't it? A elected politician made a mandate. There is a political process to un-do that.

If EV's are inevitable, why mandate them? Like what fucking backwards logic is that? I'd say Everyone loves the EV's they buy. The ever growing rate of EV purchases are proof. that we don't need a mandate...

Right. I already said to the other guy when the next election comes up, make that vote and make a change.

I'm saying you're talking about politics HERE as if THAT'S going to make a difference. If you want to make a stand, then go to a place or source where you can make that difference. Complaining and whining about it here doesn't make sense.

We all know EV threads never play out well.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 06:28 PM   #255
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Right. I already said to the other guy when the next election comes up, make that vote and make a change.

I'm saying you're talking about politics HERE as if THAT'S going to make a difference. If you want to make a stand, then go to a place or source where you can make that difference. Complaining and whining about it here doesn't make sense.

We all know EV threads never play out well.
Regulating what kind of car a company is allowed to build shouldn't be on a political platform. Seriously why not just let the market and current tech of the day decide?

Whats next, no meat products allowed?
Appreciate 2
chad86tsi1605.00
Cos270608.50
      10-02-2022, 07:07 PM   #256
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
So ban every hobby that doesn't seem sensible in modern times?

People still collect baseball cards.

Cars are an appliance FIRST, anything else after that is secondary and not a priority.

We make up the small percentage in car ownership. Car makers don't care if we're mad there's no more engines. If they can sell 1 million EV's, while ICE heads cry, they'll continue to sell EV's.

They are in this game to make money.
chad86tsi1605.00
PhaceN52173.50
      10-02-2022, 07:15 PM   #257
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I'm saying you're talking about politics HERE as if THAT'S going to make a difference.
I'm not talking politics at all, I'm explaining that there is a process that can be used to dismantle an ill-advised mandate that you say can't be stopped. A mandate is a political tool to accomplish a political goal.

I don't see this discussion as a political ideology, but there is a process whereby these mandate things start and end. I even went so far as to prove the process works. Stop saying it can't be stopped and I'll stop saying it can.

I'm only Complaining and whining about how this is being implemented, not whether or not it will ever happen.
Appreciate 2
      10-02-2022, 07:16 PM   #258
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How am i wrong?

90% of people who buy cars treat them as a use, abuse and dump item.

We make up 10%. Which is OUR HOBBY.

It's hard for me not to bury you guys with this thread lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 07:19 PM   #259
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not talking politics at all, I'm explaining that there is a process that can be used to dismantle an ill-advised mandate that you say can't be stopped. A mandate is a political tool to accomplish a political goal.

I don't see this discussion as a political ideology, but there is a process whereby these mandate things start and end. I even went so far as to prove the process works. Stop saying it can't be stopped and I'll stop saying it can.

I'm only Complaining and whining about how this is being implemented, not whether or not it will ever happen.
Everything you guys are talking about involve politics.

Be honest. You know damn well what would transpire in this thread before you opened this thread for the very first time.

It was an opportunity to showcase hate towards this movement and it backfired. You then resulted into talking politics so you can have a say in this discussion. It's the only way for anyone to participate.

Hate EV's? I know, let me talk my shit in that tesla thread. It's very easy to read.

It can't be stopped. You can keep saying it can until your eyes bleed. But it won't do anything. You're one person i don't need to convince.

Time will convince you.
Appreciate 1
chris7197332.50
      10-02-2022, 08:09 PM   #260
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Some people just shouldn't drink and text on the internet.

Lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 08:26 PM   #261
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Even what is in your water or what you can eat involves politics. That's a cheap cop-out, but that won't stop you it seems.

Quote:
Be honest. You know damn well what would transpire in this thread before you opened this thread for the very first time.

It was an opportunity to showcase hate towards this movement and it backfired. You then resulted into talking politics so you can have a say in this discussion. It's the only way for anyone to participate.

Hate EV's? I know, let me talk my shit in that tesla thread. It's very easy to read.

It can't be stopped. You can keep saying it can until your eyes bleed. But it won't do anything. You're one person i don't need to convince.

Time will convince you.
Yes, you have clearly revealed my evil inner motives and political agenda.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17208.00
      10-02-2022, 08:28 PM   #262
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Time will convince you.
bwahahahahahahaaaaa!!
chad86tsi1605.00
Efthreeoh17208.00
PhaceN52173.50
      10-03-2022, 02:27 AM   #263
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
To expand on your geofence comment, think bigger than just having it for horsepower limitations. Think about how the gubment can enforce the concept of driving credits and when you can and cannot charge based on load capacity or "national emergencies." Want to drive on this stretch of road during this time of day with this amount of traffic, well, that's going to be x credits. If you've been driving a lot and have used up a lot of your driving credits, better figure out another way to get to your destination.
100% agree. This will be just the beginning. The EV zealots have no idea what is coming for them. Misanthropic machinations wrapped in compassion pushed by narcissistic sociopaths hell bent on control & domination topped with greed. They think they are geniuses...Mao and Stalin did it better and long before. This is more the same, just a different paint job.

Ill break it down for our resident Tesla fan BGM-M3COMP (hey do you own Tesla stock or something?) who doesn't seem to understand:

The EV mandates have fuckall to do with the environment.

It is about power, control, greed. Same as it ever was.

You will soon be taxed on how and when you drive. EV's are the gateway.

You will be limited in how far you can drive and how fast you can accelerate, after all you don't want to consume more KW then is needed and you want to help the planet don't you citizen?

How much you eat and what you eat are next. After all, consuming to much meat or the wrong types of food wastes energy. You want to do you part to help the planet don't you citizen?

Your hobbies are next. They are unnecessary. After all you want to save energy and help the planet, right citizen?

Lets have a conversation about your home. Is heating and cooling 3000sqft for you family the right thing to do for the planet and society? Don't worry, keep going down this path and the bartenders like AOC will decide for you how much space you will be allowed to live in that has the least impact on the planet and society. After all, you want to do the right thing don't you citizen?

All of the above rules will not apply to the elite.

Do you see where this is going? A dangerous rabbit hole with no end. Will you continue to cheer lead all the way down BGM?

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 10-03-2022 at 02:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 05:39 AM   #264
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

The enemy are the greenie analysts connected to the eco warriors' vandalising actions who's lies about vehicle carbons are advising governments.
12 experts from different nations have concluded rising pollution levels are not down to vehicle exhaust outputs.
Appreciate 0