BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-03-2022, 05:53 AM   #265
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
bwahahahahahahaaaaa!!
And it backfired though so the jokes on you lmao

When we wake up and see on the news ev’s are going away and ice remains then claim victory.

Until then your argument is toast. Just like ice.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 06:15 AM   #266
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
100% agree. This will be just the beginning. The EV zealots have no idea what is coming for them. Misanthropic machinations wrapped in compassion pushed by narcissistic sociopaths hell bent on control & domination topped with greed. They think they are geniuses...Mao and Stalin did it better and long before. This is more the same, just a different paint job.

Ill break it down for our resident Tesla fan BGM-M3COMP (hey do you own Tesla stock or something?) who doesn't seem to understand:

The EV mandates have fuckall to do with the environment.

It is about power, control, greed. Same as it ever was.

You will soon be taxed on how and when you drive. EV's are the gateway.

You will be limited in how far you can drive and how fast you can accelerate, after all you don't want to consume more KW then is needed and you want to help the planet don't you citizen?

How much you eat and what you eat are next. After all, consuming to much meat or the wrong types of food wastes energy. You want to do you part to help the planet don't you citizen?

Your hobbies are next. They are unnecessary. After all you want to save energy and help the planet, right citizen?

Lets have a conversation about your home. Is heating and cooling 3000sqft for you family the right thing to do for the planet and society? Don't worry, keep going down this path and the bartenders like AOC will decide for you how much space you will be allowed to live in that has the least impact on the planet and society. After all, you want to do the right thing don't you citizen?

All of the above rules will not apply to the elite.

Do you see where this is going? A dangerous rabbit hole with no end. Will you continue to cheer lead all the way down BGM?
The one thing you left out is being taxed "by equity".
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 07:07 AM   #267
Cos270
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2015 F22 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Run for presidency and make a difference.

I don't give 2 shits about how it's going to work, will it work, will it affect the environment, the grid, the people, the manufacturers or any of that bullshit.

Let me clarify something. I am NOT saying what is happening is better for the environment or not. I couldn't give 2 shits about the environment.

If they put a 2035, they will make sure the grid can handle it. If it can't, they fucked up and they'll readjust the date.

I don't need to have the answer. You are asking questions that shouldn't be answered.

Appreciate 3
kyriian883.50
PhaceN52173.50
      10-03-2022, 07:31 AM   #268
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
The one thing you left out is not being taxed "by equity".
FIFY
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 07:33 AM   #269
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
100% agree. This will be just the beginning. The EV zealots have no idea what is coming for them. Misanthropic machinations wrapped in compassion pushed by narcissistic sociopaths hell bent on control & domination topped with greed. They think they are geniuses...Mao and Stalin did it better and long before. This is more the same, just a different paint job.

Ill break it down for our resident Tesla fan BGM-M3COMP (hey do you own Tesla stock or something?) who doesn't seem to understand:

The EV mandates have fuckall to do with the environment.

It is about power, control, greed. Same as it ever was.

You will soon be taxed on how and when you drive. EV's are the gateway.

You will be limited in how far you can drive and how fast you can accelerate, after all you don't want to consume more KW then is needed and you want to help the planet don't you citizen?

How much you eat and what you eat are next. After all, consuming to much meat or the wrong types of food wastes energy. You want to do you part to help the planet don't you citizen?

Your hobbies are next. They are unnecessary. After all you want to save energy and help the planet, right citizen?

Lets have a conversation about your home. Is heating and cooling 3000sqft for you family the right thing to do for the planet and society? Don't worry, keep going down this path and the bartenders like AOC will decide for you how much space you will be allowed to live in that has the least impact on the planet and society. After all, you want to do the right thing don't you citizen?

All of the above rules will not apply to the elite.

Do you see where this is going? A dangerous rabbit hole with no end. Will you continue to cheer lead all the way down BGM?
Hes cool with it. He "accepts whatever happens", I believe we're the exact words.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 08:10 AM   #270
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
And it backfired though so the jokes on you lmao

When we wake up and see on the news ev’s are going away and ice remains then claim victory.

Until then your argument is toast. Just like ice.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha
Let me try once more and get right to the point to ask you for a concise and direct response without deflection or misdirection:

You're mantra has been that you "accept whatever is coming." But what is your position / opinion on how California and the federal government are setting the stage for the electric future?
      10-03-2022, 09:52 AM   #271
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Let me try once more and get right to the point to ask you for a concise and direct response without deflection or misdirection:

You're mantra has been that you "accept whatever is coming." But what is your position / opinion on how California and the federal government are setting the stage for the electric future?
We all know California is americas china. Meaning the smog problem.

That’s why New York is second state to do a no new gas sale ban by 2035. 2 big congested areas. Cali, and New York, or nyc the 5 boroughs etc.

It makes sense for them to do it this way. You can argue about politics again how they’re forcing this and I already agreed that it should transition naturally but at the same time I said what can we do about it?

Nothing. That’s why I said if you guys want to make a difference, at the next election vote for someone who can “reverse”, or “prolong” this process.

It’s gonna happen regardless but when exactly is the real question.

If there is no push back you can be sure this is going to happen very soon.

And yes I do “accept whatever happens”.

Just for reference, I have NEVER VOTED IN MY LIFE.

That just cements how I don’t care what happens and that I agree with whatever happens.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 10:02 AM   #272
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
We all know California is americas china. Meaning the smog problem.
Is that really the only parallel / similarity you see, or the only one you choose to acknowledge?

Quote:
That’s why New York is second state to do a no new gas sale ban by 2035. 2 big congested areas. Cali, and New York, or nyc the 5 boroughs etc.

It makes sense for them to do it this way. You can argue about politics again how they’re forcing this and I already agreed that it should transition naturally but at the same time I said what can we do about it?
By land area, most of NYS is rural or suburban. The only true urban areas are NYC, Buffalo and to a much smaller scale Albany, Syracuse, Utica, Newburgh and Kingston. I lived in NYS / NYC for over 50 years. It is a very very bad idea to impose this.

Quote:

That just cements how I don’t care what happens and that I agree with whatever happens.
I have to ask.. WHY?
      10-03-2022, 10:03 AM   #273
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:

And yes I do “accept whatever happens”.

Ah, that explains so much.
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      10-03-2022, 10:12 AM   #274
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Funny how we lived almost a century without needing to depend on the internet to refuel. Road signs such as "gas, next exit" got the job done.

Now according to this article https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shoppin...ic-ev-chargers, not only do you need nav to find a charger, but you also have to find one with the correct fitting for your vehicle and hope the charging station is operational and not approaching technical obsolescence. And then you can get 3/4 of a "tank" in half an hour. What wonderful progress we are making.
dizz81311.00
      10-03-2022, 10:58 AM   #275
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Funny how we lived almost a century without needing to depend on the internet to refuel.
I use the internet to find a gas station near the airport on my route when I'm returning a car. There's simply not enough signs or information to put it all on the highway. There's also way too many gas stations IMO (usually next to each other) and it's wasteful. Competition gives more choices, but there's a balance. Same thing with dealerships in many urban areas, just way too much duplication with no benefit to the consumers.

But in general, getting up-to-date location information will trump old folding maps and BS like that from 50 years ago. That's also why car nav systems are a losing battle, since updates on phones on construction and businesses are generally real-time, vs. what's stuck in a nav database.

But yeah. We should go back in time to when tech and life was worse.
      10-03-2022, 11:41 AM   #276
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Is that really the only parallel / similarity you see, or the only one you choose to acknowledge?

By land area, most of NYS is rural or suburban. The only true urban areas are NYC, Buffalo and to a much smaller scale Albany, Syracuse, Utica, Newburgh and Kingston. I lived in NYS / NYC for over 50 years. It is a very very bad idea to impose this.

I have to ask.. WHY?
Again you’re turning this into a political debate.

I do not care for politics. So if the government is doing this the wrong way I don’t give a fuck.

I like ev, I like the idea of it, I love mine, and I’m ok with this “ban” that they want to put on ICE.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 11:52 AM   #277
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
I use the internet to find a gas station near the airport on my route when I'm returning a car. There's simply not enough signs or information to put it all on the highway. There's also way too many gas stations IMO (usually next to each other) and it's wasteful. Competition gives more choices, but there's a balance. Same thing with dealerships in many urban areas, just way too much duplication with no benefit to the consumers.

But in general, getting up-to-date location information will trump old folding maps and BS like that from 50 years ago. That's also why car nav systems are a losing battle, since updates on phones on construction and businesses are generally real-time, vs. what's stuck in a nav database.

Lots of things are going to be obsolete.

Online stores have taken over putting some businesses in jeopardy.

Soon dealerships will have no salesmen. You buy your cars online. This will be more apparent once ev fully take over. Since all of them will “be the same”, there is no need for a test drive.

You get your economy ev, performance, high performance or a supercar ev, all a click away from your home computer and the car arrives at your house.

The future is looking awesome!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 12:14 PM   #278
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post

I agree having web-enabled geo searches is a powerful tool. I never said or suggested anything to the contrary. So not sure why you are pointing out unrelated problems with urban areas to try and make a point, while ignoring the point that electric chargers are far and few between in more rural areas.

That said, by "depend on" I literally mean being able to reach your destination in an unfamiliar area without totally discharging your battery on wheels depends on web-enabled routing. With gas you can get off most any exit on most roads and find a gas station within several miles.

Charging stations? Good luck with that. And as I understand the old New England mantra, "You can't get there from here." holds true in some cases even with routing.

Last edited by CarsAndGuitars; 10-03-2022 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 12:15 PM   #279
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Lots of things are going to be obsolete.

Online stores have taken over putting some businesses in jeopardy.

Soon dealerships will have no salesmen. You buy your cars online. This will be more apparent once ev fully take over. Since all of them will “be the same”, there is no need for a test drive.

You get your economy ev, performance, high performance or a supercar ev, all a click away from your home computer and the car arrives at your house.

The future is looking awesome!
Ignorance is obsolete. So apparently is your purpose in life. You self-admittedly just don't care about anything.
      10-03-2022, 12:30 PM   #280
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ignorance is obsolete. So apparently is your purpose in life. You self-admittedly just don't care about anything.
I care about things I can control. Big difference.

Bitching about ev gets you no where. Go enjoy the used car market when that time comes.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 12:34 PM   #281
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Hes cool with it. He "accepts whatever happens", I believe we're the exact words.
Aye, it is scary how many people have this attitude. Looking back at history, it appears to be part of the endless cycle of human nature and I question if we will ever evolve past it: Peace & prosperity breed complacency & arrogance, despots rise, the dystopian spiral, revolution, war, death, rebirth, peace, prosperity, complacency & arrogance, despots rise, blah, blah, etc, etc. The broken record continues to play.
Appreciate 4
Cos270608.50
kyriian883.50
chad86tsi1605.00
      10-03-2022, 12:40 PM   #282
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I care about things I can control. Big difference.
Which (besides your bodily functions) would be what? Because when left to fate, we really we don't control much of anything. You can choose a different route home and get killed in an accident - or on your usual route.
      10-03-2022, 12:52 PM   #283
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Sign Me up! Our Mandated EV future LOOKS AMAZING!!!! Can't wait for the towing videos when winter hits.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 10-03-2022 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
chad86tsi1605.00
      10-03-2022, 01:22 PM   #284
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Sign Me up! Our Mandated EV future LOOKS AMAZING!!!! Can't wait for the towing videos when winter hits.

The follow up:

10-03-2022, 01:26 PM   #285
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Which (besides your bodily functions) would be what? Because when left to fate, we really we don't control much of anything. You can choose a different route home and get killed in an accident - or on your usual route.
Lots of things except the ev transition.

Stop going off topic because you guys are being buried in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 01:27 PM   #286
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

230 mile semi truck range? Sure to be an economic boon for truck stops and freelancers offering happy endings at the charging stations there.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohn...h=4f089e14419d