BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

05-27-2023, 02:40 PM   #1
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

i7 discounting?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Was thoroughly underwhelmed at the i5M60 launch this week. Considering an i7 xDrive60 instead. Anyone yielding discounts off MSRP at this point? I saw a few brokers posting 11% off MSRP on Leasehackr. Awaiting responses to see if they are for available allocations or sit and wait for order to be accepted and allocated.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 12:44 PM   #2
bmwterp
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW I5M60

I'm in the same boat. I just drove the IX but I think I like the car better. Love to hear what's out there too.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 02:03 PM   #3
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Don't hold your breath for any kind of large discount unless it is a '23 sitting unsold on a dealer's lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 04:29 PM   #4
dimapb
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i; 2022 BMW X7

Garage List
2023 BMW 760  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Someone just got 8% off in PA

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=30180885
      06-01-2023, 05:03 PM   #5
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwterp View Post
I'm in the same boat. I just drove the IX but I think I like the car better. Love to hear what's out there too.
I have the iX M60 (since Sept '22), and will pickup the i7 xDrive60 tomorrow. The iX is a great vehicle, however i personally prefer cars to SUVs to wife is taking the iX in place of her X5 45e, and I will be moving into the i7.

Feel free to shoot any questions my way and I'll answer to the best of my ability.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 05:05 PM   #6
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimapb View Post
me ... will pickup tomorrow
Appreciate 1
dimapb68.50
      06-02-2023, 06:57 AM   #7
bmwterp
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
I have the iX M60 (since Sept '22), and will pickup the i7 xDrive60 tomorrow. The iX is a great vehicle, however i personally prefer cars to SUVs to wife is taking the iX in place of her X5 45e, and I will be moving into the i7.

Feel free to shoot any questions my way and I'll answer to the best of my ability.
Thanks. Congrats. I drove both cars. I think BMW did a fantastic job. The i7 could be the nicest car I ever drove. I am sure you are going to love the car. The iX drive was solid too. Immediately after I drove a Tesla. The difference in refinement and experience was significant. I think all the reviews that you see are pretty spot on. BMW is setting the mark (along with Porcsche) for overall experience and driving.

Unfortunately, my wife can not get past the look of the IX. So, if I get a BMW, its got to be an I7. I would have ordered an i5 but that range is just way too low. I just can't get myself to pull the trigger on $120+k.

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 08:22 PM   #8
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
I am sure you are going to love the car.
I've had it 1/2 a day and I'm in love with it! It's the best car & best BMW I've had! For such a large car (and heavy car) BMW did an amazing job working to defy physics. The car is so nimble and comfortable. Sport mode makes it come alive. I was expecting the performance to be noticeably worse than my iX M60 in Sport mode, but it wasn't! Efficient mode however was noticeably slower (not by much) than the iX in the same mode.

I actually felt the same about the iX as your wife when I first saw it, however it grew on me quickly, and the color makes a big difference in the iX aesthetics. I'm one of the minorities that actually likes the large kidney grilles on the M3/4, 4er, iX, etc however, so take that for what tis worth

The iX definitely looks futuristic, but not in the cheesy way that most of the electric cars these days tend to (Yes I'm talking about you Tesla, Lucid, etc.)

Tesla is absolute trash as far as build materials & quality, customer service, etc. I still have no clue how they have sold so many of these things?

At the end of the day, if you are "forced" into the i7 because of the wife's despair for the iX, is it really a bad thing? I planned to finance it initially, however went for a One-Pay lease. The discount I received off sticker, and the One Pay MF reduction made a huge difference. Check it out before you write the i7 off as too expensive. I thought the same, but happy I considered all options and found a dealer willing to negotiate on "leftover" HEA unit they had on the lot.
Appreciate 2
darylp310951.50
AlteBMW727.50
      06-04-2023, 05:07 PM   #9
bmwterp
Private
Rep

Quote:
I've had it 1/2 a day and I'm in love with it! It's the best car & best BMW I've had! For such a large car (and heavy car) BMW did an amazing job working to defy physics. The car is so nimble and comfortable. Sport mode makes it come alive. I was expecting the performance to be noticeably worse than my iX M60 in Sport mode, but it wasn't! Efficient mode however was noticeably slower (not by much) than the iX in the same mode.

I actually felt the same about the iX as your wife when I first saw it, however it grew on me quickly, and the color makes a big difference in the iX aesthetics. I'm one of the minorities that actually likes the large kidney grilles on the M3/4, 4er, iX, etc however, so take that for what tis worth

The iX definitely looks futuristic, but not in the cheesy way that most of the electric cars these days tend to (Yes I'm talking about you Tesla, Lucid, etc.)

Tesla is absolute trash as far as build materials & quality, customer service, etc. I still have no clue how they have sold so many of these things?

At the end of the day, if you are "forced" into the i7 because of the wife's despair for the iX, is it really a bad thing? I planned to finance it initially, however went for a One-Pay lease. The discount I received off sticker, and the One Pay MF reduction made a huge difference. Check it out before you write the i7 off as too expensive. I thought the same, but happy I considered all options and found a dealer willing to negotiate on "leftover" HEA unit they had on the lot.
Congrats again! I'll look into that option for sure. BMW is killing it with both cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2023, 06:59 PM   #10
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
BMW is killing it with both cars.
I think it depends on the market. The iX isn't doing well. I paid sticker for my iX M60 in June last year. Almost 1 year later, BMW can't sell these things. They are doing major pants-dropping on the Money Factor and passing-through $7500 tax credits on both USA variants to try to move these. There are thousands of these iXs on lots at dealers across the country, They are definitely over-priced, and the discounts are showing it.

The i7, I don't think is doing as well as BMW would have liked either, demonstrated by the number of HEA units still unsold at dealers and the number of nationwide dealerships willing to heavily discount these models. The i4 e40 and M50 specifically are killing it.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2023, 08:03 PM   #11
ralsagoff
Rep
Drives: bmw i5 x45

Quote:

So how has your new i7 driven? There is usually a learning curve with the tech even if you have driven another manufacturer’s EV. I’m waiting for my i7 order. Finally got a VIN # but still have time to reconsider the Lucid Air Touring with metallic roof which I prefer.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 08:53 AM   #12
bmwterp
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think it depends on the market. The iX isn't doing well. I paid sticker for my iX M60 in June last year. Almost 1 year later, BMW can't sell these things. They are doing major pants-dropping on the Money Factor and passing-through $7500 tax credits on both USA variants to try to move these. There are thousands of these iXs on lots at dealers across the country, They are definitely over-priced, and the discounts are showing it.

The i7, I don't think is doing as well as BMW would have liked either, demonstrated by the number of HEA units still unsold at dealers and the number of nationwide dealerships willing to heavily discount these models. The i4 e40 and M50 specifically are killing it.
Yes. I meant more on the quality, tech, and overall drive. Very impressive.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 07:46 PM   #13
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralsagoff View Post
So how has your new i7 driven? There is usually a learning curve with the tech even if you have driven another manufacturer’s EV. I’m waiting for my i7 order. Finally got a VIN # but still have time to reconsider the Lucid Air Touring with metallic roof which I prefer.
I'm a BMW guy, so the Ecosystem is very familiar. I also have an iX, so the learning curve for me was nonexistent. The addition of the rear theater and how to adjust the aircon vents were the only "new" things on the i7.

I really like the i7, and think its my best car I've ever owned so far. The vehicle is very comfortable and handles like a BMW, so it's exactly what I was expecting. For such a large vehicle, it drives much more nimble.

If I was to order, I would have only added a few options and possible changed color combinations, but buying from available inventory, I ensured I was definitively going to get the critical options for me, rear theater screen being one of them. I know I will get the iDrive 8.5 update when it releases OTA, so not too worried about waiting for that post July SOP for 2024 models.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2023, 07:51 PM   #14
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep

Quote:
Yes. I meant more on the quality, tech, and overall drive. Very impressive.
100% agree, more so on the i7. I feel the iX is overpriced for what it is. It's X7 pricing territory for some sub-par material choices on the interior. The alternatives were not desirable, so we picked up an iX M60 last summer, however it will be a stop-gap until the next gen X7 comes out with an EV powertrain option. Wife will switch in 3-4 years.

What I like about BMW vs. other EV manufacturers is that the core BMW driving dynamics were retained, and switched to an EV powertrain. For the i4 and i7, it still looks like an ICE vehicle, which I prefer the design. I hate how much of a forced futuristic design most EV manufacturers are pivoting to. We like the classic vehicle design, just make it electric. BMW has done this well. For the iX, there's a slight departure, but I like the design language, so the more edgy look works for me ... its not over the top spaceship-esque. I'm also partial to the nose on the 4er and M3/M4, where other hate the large grille, it works very well on those vehicles.
Appreciate 0