BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

11-14-2022, 05:00 PM   #1
KK22
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi A8 L 60 TFSI Quattro

My car is totaled

Kid ran a stop sign in his 3 series and rammed my rear axle. 100% fault assigned to him by insurance. There was no frame damage but the repair bill was too high for them so they will write me a check. They lowballed me so I have an independent appraiser looking at it.

This sucks big time, since the car was loaded and was perfect with only 32K miles. Can't find any online like it for even 10k more than what I had paid for it.

Now I'm looking for a replacement, likely CPO since the new 7 doesnt have a 4wd 6 banger out yet. Shortlist is:

LCI 740ix ( Familiar with stelllar engine +, familiar and have already owned one -, Hard to find one without black interior-, known and liked dealer+)

Panamera 4 ( was my insurance loaner, drives great +, too much gloss black -, wife's back was hurting after spirited driving in sport plus -, kids loved it +)

Audi A8 V8 (conversely their 8 banger is more reliable than the 6 and built in a porsche factory +, high tech +, too much gloss black - , looks like my wife's A4 -)

840iXGC ( small inside -, looks fantastic IMO +, strangely hard to find one with ACC -, wife right complain about the ride -)

Onwards and forwards......

11-14-2022, 05:22 PM   #2
dimapb
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i; 2022 BMW X7

Garage List
2023 BMW 760  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK22 View Post
Kid ran a stop sign in his 3 series and rammed my rear axle. 100% fault assigned to him by insurance. There was no frame damage but the repair bill was too high for them so they will write me a check. They lowballed me so I have an independent appraiser looking at it.

This sucks big time, since the car was loaded and was perfect with only 32K miles. Can't find any online like it for even 10k more than what I had paid for it.

Now I'm looking for a replacement, likely CPO since the new 7 doesnt have a 4wd 6 banger out yet. Shortlist is:

LCI 740ix ( Familiar with stelllar engine +, familiar and have already owned one -, Hard to find one without black interior-, known and liked dealer+)

Panamera 4 ( was my insurance loaner, drives great +, too much gloss black -, wife's back was hurting after spirited driving in sport plus -, kids loved it +)

Audi A8 V8 (conversely their 8 banger is more reliable than the 6 and built in a porsche factory +, high tech +, too much gloss black - , looks like my wife's A4 -)

840iXGC ( small inside -, looks fantastic IMO +, strangely hard to find one with ACC -, wife right complain about the ride -)

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully everyone was able to walk away. I'm about to turn in my lease on a 2020 740 (19k miles) with cognac interior. Let me know if interested and we can take it off line.
      11-15-2022, 07:13 PM   #3
KK22
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimapb View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully everyone was able to walk away. I'm about to turn in my lease on a 2020 740 (19k miles) with cognac interior. Let me know if interested and we can take it off line.
Thanks for the offer, but I actually pulled the trigger on an A8 that was on a dealer lot with warranty for three years. Just got it home this evening. It will do until I find the 4wd 6cyl G70 a compelling comeback to the brand. Surprised how much I liked the Audi when I drove it, sucks that everything now is so much more expensive than only a couple of years ago! Here's a snapshot of the dealer listing, still miss my 740 but this should tide me over for a while!

11-15-2022, 07:36 PM   #4
dimapb
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i; 2022 BMW X7

Garage List
2023 BMW 760  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimapb View Post
Thanks for the offer, but I actually pulled the trigger on an A8 that was on a dealer lot with warranty for three years. Just got it home this evening. It will do until I find the 4wd 6cyl G70 a compelling comeback to the brand. Surprised how much I liked the Audi when I drove it, sucks that everything now is so much more expensive than only a couple of years ago! Here's a snapshot of the dealer listing, still miss my 740 but this should tide me over for a while!

Congratulations! Enjoy your new ride.
KK22137.50
      11-17-2022, 07:29 AM   #5
NVRfollo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550

Quote:

[IMG]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...2157aa86_c.jpg[/IMG]
I have a Panamera 4S EH. It has the PASM with sports chrono so you can soften up the ride when your boss is in the car and turn the dial to sports+ when she is not. I love the way it looks and handles. My biggest gripe is the trunk space or lack there of any. Of your list, the Panamera will handle best. It is the true driver's vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 03:06 PM   #6
KK22
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRfollo View Post
I have a Panamera 4S EH. It has the PASM with sports chrono so you can soften up the ride when your boss is in the car and turn the dial to sports+ when she is not. I love the way it looks and handles. My biggest gripe is the trunk space or lack there of any. Of your list, the Panamera will handle best. It is the true driver's vehicle.
The Panamera was my choice too, but my budget was around 80K. And the Pannys I found were out of warranty. I'll likely bump that up to 100-110K in a couple of years and then look into it again. Also, one of the main reason I got a car quickly is for a long Chicago to Florida trip planned in December, and it really pays to have all the extra room in the rear seat to keep two boys occupied for 7 hr driving stretches!!