BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

06-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Experiences with non-BMW Aftermarket Suppliers?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello gentlemen.

I'm about to get our powdercoated wheels installed on the 750 and I was thinking that I'd like to add some carbon fiber badges and center caps to complete the look.

I've already got dark tint and don't think I want to go fully blacked out with the grill, etc. I actually might debadge altogether, but I do like the chrome accents and shadowline semi-gloss trim.

I've attached a couple of pics of the badges I'm considering and the current car with the winter wheels.

Sorry for the long winded post, but my actual question is, does anybody have any positive experiences with after-market companies that supply cosmetic pieces such as I'm looking for...preferably in Canada...but I'd be happy to pay the premium for a highly reputable companies' goods.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
335ifanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: Revuelto, Urus Performante, X5

Stay away from aftermarket badges, they're not OEM. You can obtain stickers that go on your current BMW emblem, there's a company based out of Canada that has carbon stickers that will cover all the badges on the outside and for the steering wheel.

And unfortunately it's tough finding aftermarket parts for the 7 series. I've had to go through pages and pages on google to find sites that have aftermarket parts for the f01/f02.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Thanks for the response. I was given similar advice on another forum so I'm going to try the vinyl inlays first. If I'm not totally satisfied, then I'll maybe try to look for something else. My shop says they can make the vinyl work so I'll be happy.
Appreciate 0