BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

07-16-2023, 05:31 PM   #45
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsrs View Post
Yes only crystal lights
Understood. Sorry to hear you guys having so many issues. I honestly didn't compare the 2 options when I was shopping for my G70.

Does it add anything for useable light, or all external eye candy for onlookers?

Possibly suggest BMW install the standard DRLs and credit the owners 1.5x the cost of the option for your troubles. Seems like a better option than you all lemon-lawing the car and they have a car with branded title on their hands.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 08:12 PM   #46
Gemini7866
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 i7

Garage List
2023 BMW I7  [0.00]
It’s just eye candy ..I have it on my i7 but I’ve never had that issue but my friend has it on his 740 and they are replacing both lights because of the same issue
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 07:46 AM   #47
mattsrs
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaboM4 View Post
Understood. Sorry to hear you guys having so many issues. I honestly didn't compare the 2 options when I was shopping for my G70.

Does it add anything for useable light, or all external eye candy for onlookers?

Possibly suggest BMW install the standard DRLs and credit the owners 1.5x the cost of the option for your troubles. Seems like a better option than you all lemon-lawing the car and they have a car with branded title on their hands.

It serves zero functional purpose and its just the looks. After having it for a while, even the looks, I am not a fan of. The headlights without crystal, have more defined lines for the DRL. Not an option worth spending $ on. They replaced both headlights on mine and while I saw condensation ( a lot less) on the new headlights for a few days, weather got warmer and I didn't see it anymore. Remain to be seen if condensation comes back winter time. It is not something lemon-able IMO. I got rid of the car because of all these issues but if I were to buy this again, I would get it without crystal lights and the stupid automatic doors
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 11:10 PM   #48
entendu
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Lots

Quote:
and what did they do? When I talked to BMW corporate they said work with the dealer to address the issues and escalate back if not resolved which is what I am going to do.
What ever came of this?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2023, 10:32 PM   #49
pegogetem
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Garage List
2023 BMW 740i  [5.00]
This is normal according to the manual.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 08:29 AM   #50
pegogetem
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Garage List
2023 BMW 740i  [5.00]
Quote:
I just picked up my 760 today and saw condensation when I got home from dealership. Its def not “normal” unless those crystal daytime running lights get unusually hot and in extreme cold outside cause condensation

Please read your owners manual throughly about this exact issue. This is in fact normal and BMW speaks on it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 04:24 PM   #51
mattsrs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by entendu View Post
What ever came of this?
Dealer replaced both headlights and I still had condensation on one of the headlights (while much less than before). Took it to them again and they said that level is normal and they won't take more actions. This coincided with getting into spring so the weather warmed up and I didn't see condensation. I sold the car a few months ago out of frustration with many small issues had to take to the dealer for but I am pretty sure condensation would have come back in winter time.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 04:26 PM   #52
mattsrs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegogetem View Post
Please read your owners manual throughly about this exact issue. This is in fact normal and BMW speaks on it.
yes, and in the same manual if you read thoroughly it says if despite running the car with headlights on, droplets still persist on the headlights, then take it to service. Screenshot here: https://www.7post.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=22
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 08:19 AM   #53
ChicagoRicardo
ChicagoRicardo
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 M60i

I just got my X7 on 9/2. During a long trip last weekend, I noticed there was moisture in both crystal headlights (and I had not even driven it in the rain).

The dealer is looking at it today, along with fixing my sunroof (doesn't work) and a few other foibles. With all I've read in this thread, I don't think they can do anything for now except maybe replace the headlights.

I wish I could tell them to replace them with the standard headlights and give me my $2,100 back. That, and I wish I had found this forum before I ordered the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 03:12 PM   #54
PeterGriffin
Bayern Bier und Razierte Frauen
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Ordered X7 23 40d all options

After reading this thread I am changing back my order to normal lights.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 04:05 AM   #55
Wiedzmin
Private
Rep
Drives: X7 M60i ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_t View Post
This problem has perisisted since I purchased the car, I believe that the condensation is due to the crystal lights and the excess heat associated with led x crystal. Haven’t seen anyone else complain with standard LED lights. Mine have started to cause the paint around the lights to yellow (maybe due to internal heat).
I would really like to know how did BMW proceed in your case. Have they finally sorted it out? Was the yellowing really caused by the internal heat?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 12:01 AM   #56
Spencenyc
Private
Rep
Drives: G12 75i xdrive

Have the condensation on my passenger side headlight…. 1 month wait for the part and another period of time in the shop…

Glad I got the crystal headlights to drive around foggy… Unacceptable….
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2023, 09:22 PM   #57
Caveno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 750

On my 24 760 with crystal headlights I have condensation. I was hoping BMW fixed this for the 24 MY but apparently not.

I still wouldn’t trade the crystal headlights for the regular ones. They are beautiful. It’s something I’ll have to live with I guess.
Appreciate 0