BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

01-17-2024, 03:25 PM   #67
Gemini7866
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 i7

Garage List
2023 BMW I7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey K View Post
thanks. it worked well before i purchased this animation. I wonder if these two events are connected
Possible
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 03:39 PM   #68
pegogetem
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

Garage List
2023 BMW 740i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini7866 View Post
That makes sense especially with the rain we get down here definitely possible..you’re in south Florida also right ?
No, west Texas. The day it went out it was raining but they never mentioned anything about shorted devices or water.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 06:09 PM   #69
Ice4life
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 740xi

I am having similar issues to other posters on here. I purchased the welcome light animation feature and it charged me and online via mybmw it says it is active for the life of the vehicle. However in my vehicle, it just says activating and has been two days. I tried to do the app update on the system settings to get it to sync but it says it is up to date every time I try. I then called BMW connected support and was transferred to a genius who told me it takes up to 72 hours, but strangely when I bought the traffic camera information trial, it activated immediately.

Apparently the only thing this adds is the ability to change the speed of the animation welcome lighting by selecting one of three drop down modes where it used to just have a toggle for on/off in the additional light settings. I figured I'd just buy it since it was the only thing not purchased in the connected store. Anyone have any insight here. If I do the 70second hold down system reset will I lose all my settings which took a whole week to set up? My connected services are all working otherwise fwiw. It does say activating is taking longer than usual on the connected services professional one, yet everything is working and it says active on mybmw. So that's another glitch it would seem.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 08:02 PM   #70
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice4life View Post
I am having similar issues to other posters on here. I purchased the welcome light animation feature and it charged me and online via mybmw it says it is active for the life of the vehicle. However in my vehicle, it just says activating and has been two days. I tried to do the app update on the system settings to get it to sync but it says it is up to date every time I try. I then called BMW connected support and was transferred to a genius who told me it takes up to 72 hours, but strangely when I bought the traffic camera information trial, it activated immediately.

Apparently the only thing this adds is the ability to change the speed of the animation welcome lighting by selecting one of three drop down modes where it used to just have a toggle for on/off in the additional light settings. I figured I'd just buy it since it was the only thing not purchased in the connected store. Anyone have any insight here. If I do the 70second hold down system reset will I lose all my settings which took a whole week to set up? My connected services are all working otherwise fwiw. It does say activating is taking longer than usual on the connected services professional one, yet everything is working and it says active on mybmw. So that's another glitch it would seem.

This is a known bug in the system. It says it is activating but it is actually working. BMW is working on a fix for this, but the Welcome lights should work and you can adjust them in the settings.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 09:28 PM   #71
Ice4life
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin7er View Post
This is a known bug in the system. It says it is activating but it is actually working. BMW is working on a fix for this, but the Welcome lights should work and you can adjust them in the settings.
Thanks for the additional info. It's still not allowing me to change among the three modes yet. There is only a toggle on/off next to the welcome and goodbye setting. I did find this photo (attached) on a g60 which shows what it should look like so I've been checking periodically. Technically it has only been like 30 hours so it might just take a bit longer to show up per the bmw genius. I wonder why it takes so long for functions to activate.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 07:28 PM   #72
Ice4life
Private
United_States
Rep

So I reached out to BMW connected support and they told me the solution was to reset the system by holding down the volume scroll for 70 seconds then accepting the privacy settings and then doing app update. Did that and no change. It's still stuck in the activating stage and something is wrong. It's so annoying because I really want to use the vivace setting that I paid for but I can't access it.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 06:11 PM   #73
Ice4life
Private
United_States
Rep

As an update I was able to get it activated by unlinking my BMW id from the car, and then relinking it again. Then after a few hours it fully activated. It's pretty cool that there are different options now.
Appreciate 1
pegogetem129.50
      02-02-2024, 06:17 PM   #74
pegogetem
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW 740i  [5.00]
Quote:
As an update I was able to get it activated by unlinking my BMW id from the car, and then relinking it again. Then after a few hours it fully activated. It's pretty cool that there are different options now.
I find it funny that BMW didn’t tell you to try that when you reached out to them. Go BMW 😏
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 09:06 AM   #75
todao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i

The video of the animation is no longer up.

Is the animation of the exterior front and back lights only or does it also change the animation on the internal ambient lights?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 10:57 AM   #76
Ice4life
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by todao View Post

Is the animation of the exterior front and back lights only or does it also change the animation on the internal ambient lights?
It's only the front and rear lights from what I could see. I feel it was worth the money the effects are much better now.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 01:37 PM   #77
pegogetem
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW 740i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by todao View Post

Front and Rear
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 01:51 PM   #78
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I know it is working...but if you go into your Apps on your control panel where they are all listed, does it show its activated or activating?

It is my understanding is that there is a bug that has not yet been fixed so it should show activating, even though it is working.

Last edited by Lovin7er; 02-04-2024 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2024, 07:23 PM   #79
Ice4life
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know it is working...but if you go into your Apps on your control panel where they are all listed, does it show its activated or activating?

It is my understanding is that there is a bug that has not yet been fixed so it should show activating, even though it is working.
After removing my BMW id and relinking it that resolved the hanging activating issue. Because it was hanging on the connected drive professional services one too which also now says activated.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 05:42 AM   #80
Lovin7er
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
After removing my BMW id and relinking it that resolved the hanging activating issue. Because it was hanging on the connected drive professional services one too which also now says activated.
Did you just sign out and then back in, or did you do something different?

Did you do the reset at any point in time?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 06:14 AM   #81
Ice4life
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you just sign out and then back in, or did you do something different?

Did you do the reset at any point in time?
I removed it by clicking on BMW id in the app section and delete. Then re-linked it there. Lost some settings and esim took a minute to reactivate but now everything is good. No reset.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2024, 08:52 PM   #82
Ice4life
Private
United_States
Rep

Yet another glitch- now when I unlock the doors at night it does not do the assigned welcome lighting style the first time. If I lock it and then immediately unlock it again it will do it. No idea why it's glitching out. At one point when I unlocked it, the rear lights looked broken and were doing some weird thing only on the outer edges before just turning on fully. Locking and reunlocking caused them to operate as they should. I tried reassigning the lighting style to a different one but didn't help. This damn car is glitchy!

Last edited by Ice4life; 02-05-2024 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 05:00 PM   #83
Ice4life
Private
United_States
Rep

I figured out the solution. It was because I had the "flash with unlock" activated and it was messing up the animation. By turning that off, the animation lighting is working perfect again.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 05:04 PM   #84
pegogetem
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW 740i  [5.00]
Quote:
I figured out the solution. It was because I had the "flash with unlock" activated and it was messing up the animation. By turning that off, the animation lighting is working perfect again.
Great info! It almost seems like this is an unintended bug.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 01:31 AM   #85
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

Finally, after I performed the remote upgrade today (to version 11/2023.42) I am now finally offered the "Welcome Light Animation" for $50. Yes, the money is more or less pocket change, but in viewing the animations I found on Tik Tok of an X7 (the one posted here for the G70 is no longer available), I can't say it is overly impressive.

If somebody else could post a video (or if pegogetem could make his video available again) so I could view it once more on our car, that would be really great and may change my mind.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 03:50 AM   #86
pegogetem
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2023 BMW 740i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroMike View Post
Finally, after I performed the remote upgrade today (to version 11/2023.42) I am now finally offered the "Welcome Light Animation" for $50. Yes, the money is more or less pocket change, but in viewing the animations I found on Tik Tok of an X7 (the one posted here for the G70 is no longer available), I can't say it is overly impressive.

If somebody else could post a video (or if pegogetem could make his video available again) so I could view it once more on our car, that would be really great and may change my mind.

Here you go!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 10:13 AM   #87
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegogetem View Post
Here you go!
Thanks -- that's nice of you Pierre. Now that I've re-viewed your videos and notice their elegance, I think I actually will purchase that effect for $50. What's that, like the price of 3-4 glasses of wine in a restaurant I'll refrain from having? Paid for!
Appreciate 1
pegogetem129.50
      02-09-2024, 11:23 AM   #88
JParsonss
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 7 Series 760i

Garage List
I got it dowloaded for my car. You can select between the options and the tail lights, front lights do different animations.
Appreciate 0