BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-19-2017, 09:07 PM   #1
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Petlizard's Avatar
586
Rep
565
Posts

Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: VA

iTrader: (3)

My New Winter Vehicle - 2016 F150

Picked up a 2016 Limited F-150 near the end of last year but just now got around to post some pictures.
LED lights, NAV, heated/cooled/massaged seats, heated steering wheel, panoramic roof, surround camera, adaptive cruise control, lane tracking assist, auto parallel parking, wifi hot spot, remote starter etc. It makes the tech in my e92 seem antiquated. American cars(trucks) have come along way in luxury.
Attached Images
         

Last edited by Petlizard; 01-20-2017 at 04:19 PM..
Appreciate 5
      01-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #2
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
kprocivic's Avatar
813
Rep
1,575
Posts

Drives: ecoboost s to the t
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: 92346

iTrader: (7)

Nice pickup, is it a eco booster.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 10:02 PM   #3
GATORB8
Captain
GATORB8's Avatar
United_States
225
Rep
807
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [9.50]
Nice truck!

Can't imagine trusting my F-150 to parallel park itself.
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1136.50
      01-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #4
RM7
Brigadier General
RM7's Avatar
2890
Rep
3,464
Posts

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Yep, this is where the profit is for American car makers. People at work seem to think it's crazy I have a 50k car, yet they have 65K+ trucks! They seem too nice/expensive to use/abuse like a truck...
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1136.50
      01-20-2017, 12:58 PM   #5
swanson
Convicted Felon
swanson's Avatar
733
Rep
2,180
Posts

Drives: chariot
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Very nice. My cousin has a platinum and they're great trucks.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 01:47 PM   #6
matto6
Private
39
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: E46 330i
Join Date: May 2016
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Too funny. I also have an e92 and recently test drive an F150.

How do you like it so far? My e92 is great in snow but I don't love driving it other than that. If I have a vehicle that doesn't get driven much, it might as well be a giant truck!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #7
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
837
Rep
1,944
Posts

Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas Area (McKinney), TX

iTrader: (0)

very nice! Just don't park it in front of my house!!

Sorry, my neighbor has the exact same truck, and keeps parking it in front of my house (even when he has no one in front of his house). It's really gotten under my skin.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #8
Germanauto
Major General
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
9698
Rep
6,081
Posts

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

I like the two-tone interior on the Limiteds. The dash is stitched in leather too right?

The new F-150 is a great looking truck in all trims, especially the Limited. It looks modern and sleek, not cheap and "country" like the previous models.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #9
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Petlizard's Avatar
586
Rep
565
Posts

Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: VA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORB8 View Post
Nice truck!
Can't imagine trusting my F-150 to parallel park itself.
Me too. That's one feature I have yet to use on my own fearing I may crush the cars around me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
very nice! Just don't park it in front of my house!!

Sorry, my neighbor has the exact same truck, and keeps parking it in front of my house (even when he has no one in front of his house). It's really gotten under my skin.
Thanks. And don't worry, i won't be driving out that way anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Nice pickup, is it a eco booster.
Yes. 3.5 twin turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I like the two-tone interior on the Limiteds. The dash is stitched in leather too right?

The new F-150 is a great looking truck in all trims, especially the Limited. It looks modern and sleek, not cheap and "country" like the previous models.
Yes, the interior is very nice and spacious. I'd included a few more shots of it in the original post.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #10
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Petlizard's Avatar
586
Rep
565
Posts

Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: VA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
Very nice. My cousin has a platinum and they're great trucks.
Thanks. It's super comfortable and useful in pretty much any situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matto6 View Post
Too funny. I also have an e92 and recently test drive an F150.

How do you like it so far? My e92 is great in snow but I don't love driving it other than that. If I have a vehicle that doesn't get driven much, it might as well be a giant truck!
I put over 3k miles on it after 1 and 1/2 month. Love the driving position/height, interior room, and techs. It accelerates very well, and handles turns decently. My favorite thing is its ability to go through pot holes and speed bumps without having to slow down. Insurance is cheap and so is gas.
It even gets better mpg than the m3. The minus for me include the huge turning radius, the overly large steering wheel, the typical steering feel of a large truck, and noisy motorized chairs (I will have the Ford tech look into this at my first service around 7k miles).

Last edited by Petlizard; 01-20-2017 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #11
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
PoorLurker's Avatar
No_Country
1137
Rep
675
Posts

Drives: a bicycle
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Yep, this is where the profit is for American car makers. People at work seem to think it's crazy I have a 50k car, yet they have 65K+ trucks! They seem too nice/expensive to use/abuse like a truck...
I know if I had a nice car people would be like, "YOU DRIVE THAT! How can you afford it?" As they get out of their $40k+ Odysseys and $50K Acura MDXs, and $60k trucks with lifts, rims, and tires.



@OP - that truck looks great! The only thing I don't like about newer trucks is the loss of the bench seat in the front. However, it seems like it's a great time to be a truck buyer! They are also pretty freaking fast too!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #12
Zippster
Major
Zippster's Avatar
United_States
460
Rep
1,133
Posts

Drives: 17 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
I know if I had a nice car people would be like, "YOU DRIVE THAT! How can you afford it?" As they get out of their $40k+ Odysseys and $50K Acura MDXs, and $60k trucks with lifts, rims, and tires.



@OP - that truck looks great! The only thing I don't like about newer trucks is the loss of the bench seat in the front. However, it seems like it's a great time to be a truck buyer! They are also pretty freaking fast too!
I agree, but I am amazed at how expensive they can be, I rode in a Suburban that was 80K, yeah it was nice, but holy cow.

I hope Ford makes the new Ranger out of aluminum, that might push me over the edge to buy a standard version without the frills. I like the smaller trucks, I have had pickups over the years from full size to the Toyota hilux, great utility vehicles. They do it all.
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1136.50
      01-21-2017, 10:20 AM   #13
RM7
Brigadier General
RM7's Avatar
2890
Rep
3,464
Posts

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Alaska

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
I agree, but I am amazed at how expensive they can be, I rode in a Suburban that was 80K, yeah it was nice, but holy cow.

I hope Ford makes the new Ranger out of aluminum, that might push me over the edge to buy a standard version without the frills. I like the smaller trucks, I have had pickups over the years from full size to the Toyota hilux, great utility vehicles. They do it all.
Yes, more like 60-70K for most of these nice trucks, and you can make them more. I'd imagine the one in this thread is around 65K at least.
__________________
Current: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2023 Colorado ZR2. Former: BMW 428i Gran Coupe.
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1136.50
      01-23-2017, 02:02 AM   #14
Nivarox
Quadrex
Nivarox's Avatar
1093
Rep
1,424
Posts

Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Close To German Car Dealer

iTrader: (0)

Congrats, that's my save truck
Happy Driving
__________________
Comparing BMW i8 to Tesla Is Like Comparing Apples to Pineapples
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 07:03 AM   #15
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Petlizard's Avatar
586
Rep
565
Posts

Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: VA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Yes, more like 60-70K for most of these nice trucks, and you can make them more. I'd imagine the one in this thread is around 65K at least.
Sticker was right at $69k, but buying it at the end of the year and with some negotiations I purchase it right under $60k.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #16
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Petlizard's Avatar
586
Rep
565
Posts

Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: VA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Congrats, that's my save truck
Happy Driving
Thanks!

Here's how it's currently looking with winter rims & tires.
All my vehicles now run on Michelins.
Attached Images
   

Last edited by Petlizard; 01-23-2017 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 2
      01-23-2017, 08:41 AM   #17
991GT3
Captain
991GT3's Avatar
92
Rep
885
Posts

Drives: Ford Raptor
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Dakota

iTrader: (0)

Very nice! Congratulations!
__________________

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #18
Zippster
Major
Zippster's Avatar
United_States
460
Rep
1,133
Posts

Drives: 17 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
very nice! Just don't park it in front of my house!!

Sorry, my neighbor has the exact same truck, and keeps parking it in front of my house (even when he has no one in front of his house). It's really gotten under my skin.
Do you have one of those rolling floor jacks?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 09:34 AM   #19
Zippster
Major
Zippster's Avatar
United_States
460
Rep
1,133
Posts

Drives: 17 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petlizard View Post
Thanks!

Here's how it's currently looking with winter rims & tires.
All my vehicles now run on Michelins.
How come you took the running boards off. Those are great at protecting your doors from the parking lot commando's who just swing the door open with reckless abandon.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #20
Mikes 335is
Private First Class
80
Rep
194
Posts

Drives: 2011 335 is
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bronx

iTrader: (0)

great pickup enjoy....
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 10:31 AM   #21
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
nyalpine90's Avatar
7422
Rep
11,837
Posts

Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: L.I. NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
How come you took the running boards off. Those are great at protecting your doors from the parking lot commando's who just swing the door open with reckless abandon.
i think running board are tuck in and they come down unlock/locking



its a nice truck, any mods?
LED bars?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2017, 11:32 AM   #22
Zippster
Major
Zippster's Avatar
United_States
460
Rep
1,133
Posts

Drives: 17 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
i think running board are tuck in and they come down unlock/locking



its a nice truck, any mods?
LED bars?
OK, I see now. It is a nice truck.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 PM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST