BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

10-31-2020, 02:06 PM   #133
eliom70
Rep
Drives: BMW 750LI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarpil View Post
Today I got an email from our SA.

"Sorry for the delay in getting this over to you. The following are the recommended repairs we need to perform on your vehicle before we can continue with the oil consumption testing on your BMW X6 as per BMW NA’s response to the case we submitted on your behalf.
Misfires on multiple cylinders.
Recommend replacing all 8 ignition coils with factory updated coils and spark plugs (fouled due to excessive fuel) $1,229.00
Black Smoke from the tail pipe on acceleration.
Recommend replacing all 8 fuel injectors due to them leaking. $4,418.00
As for other components that will need to be addressed but not as a part of the diagnostics side of things is as follows.
Replacement of all 4 crank case vent lines (cracked or broken) $950.00
Replacement of all turbo coolant lines due to leaking coolant. $2,516.00
These repairs will probably be cheaper to do when making repairs under the class action but I did want to bring them to your attention.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed or if you have any further questions.

IMHO all this should be covered under the N63 Customer Care Package.
I did not think this is going to be easy as far as having BMW stop the excessive engine oil leak but this is getting ridiculous.
Any ideas?
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...45279-9999.pdf
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 07:24 PM   #134
gregg2333
Registered
Rep
Drives: 550i

N63 program

I just took my 2012 550i in for evaluation. The service person indicated that unless it needed a new engine, BMW will perform the evaluation and repairs at their cost.

Basically my car is using oil like crazy, smells very rich as I think the O2 sensors are reading the excess oil as gas (carbon) and is burning oil as the engine heats up. Lots of blue smoke.

What should I expect from the dealer ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 04:28 AM   #135
MrVM7
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 750i ///\/\ Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerF32_430i View Post
I don't totally agree with this. My parents have owned 3 7 series without warranty and have had great luck with them. They currently have an '07 and an '11 that are running just fine. I think the key is finding an Indy that works on BMW's and charges reasonable rates. Sure they might be q minority in being lucky owning used BMW's but I know my dad takes care of them properly as well.
I agree ... I have a 2011 750i M sport 90k miles , i got it with the new index 12 injectors and i have a flash tune with a jb4 on top , downpipes, cold air intake and a few other performance add ons and at the risk of jinxing myself I haven't had any issues with it ... I did have the " oil burning " issue but after i changed the oil cooler plug with the titanium from Sergey @ www.n63intake.com that stopped and i'm also getting cooler oil temps ... also the cold air intakes dropped my iat by about 40 degrees...and I ALWAYS change my oil every 2500 miles .. it's just something i've always done with all my cars and it is a small investment in the long run since i drive my cars hard and so far they run great ..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 10:49 AM   #136
ALEGEND22
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 750Li M Sport

My car is approaching 200k miles. How can I find out if this campaign has been completed on my car? Im not having any issues. But I would like to keep it that way. Of course I change my oil every 5k and use nothing but Liquimoly synthetic from the day I bought it. I also keep fresh plugs in it every 50k miles. Just to list a few things.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 06:36 PM   #137
KTBD
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Alpina B6 Gran Coupe

How Do I Know if My N63 Engine...

With the car's VIN a BMW shop can tell you whether your car is a member of any of the class action lawsuits (there are more than one).
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 07:16 PM   #138
bigbody750
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 750Li

Ok question since I’ve never used any recalls or did anything ever about any of anything lol. I recently bought a 2012 750Li- I’m unsure as of this current moment was month it was manufactured- but, it’s obviously 10 years old, can I bring it in to still get that recall stuff taken care of? Or is it like out of date lol?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 07:41 PM   #139
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEGEND22 View Post
My car is approaching 200k miles. How can I find out if this campaign has been completed on my car? Im not having any issues. But I would like to keep it that way. Of course I change my oil every 5k and use nothing but Liquimoly synthetic from the day I bought it. I also keep fresh plugs in it every 50k miles. Just to list a few things.
WOW!!! That is super impressive.

Questions:

Which model?
How long have you owned it?
What work have you or has been done thus far?

My 2010 750i has 76k and I'm antsy since once never owned a car this long. But she's still beautiful inside and out and trouble free. I did receive engine replacement under N63 Campaign back in 2019.
Appreciate 0