BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

02-20-2020, 11:42 AM   #1
CAN Driver
Registered
Rep
Drives: 340i

BMW Canada Extended warranty on 7 series

Hello,

First post. Considering the purchase of a 4 year old 750i with numerous past owners and an extensive service history, and 100K km (60K m.) on the clock. Obviously not the best specimen on the market, but looks great and price is right. BMW Canada offers an unlimited km, platinum extended warranty for 4 more years on CPO vehicles like this one. Is this truly bumper to bumper as they state? I can't find clear info on the difference between the original warranty and this one. Specifically, what is not covered? I don't mind dropping this thing off on a regular basis to get fixed, I just don't want to pay for it. They have quoted $5.2K for the warranty. This tank could eat through that in a month!

Thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 09:29 AM   #2
CYWG
Rep
Drives: G12 740Le / S212 E63s Wagon

You may have to double check with the dealer, as BMW Canada keeps on changing their CPO and extended warranty program on a yearly basis.

I'm not sure if mine is the same as the CPO. I will post some picture at a later time.
From what I can tell, it is not exactly the same as the new vehicle warranty. It is called a Vehicle Service Contract. It is an exclusion based contract (ie. it should cover many things unless otherwise stated). I bought it to cover things like Hybrid Drivetrain, Air Suspension, Engine/Trans, and other big components. It has limitations like if you need a tow, it will only cover up to 80km to the nearest dealer. It is certainly not bumper to bumper, but neither is the new vehicle warranty (it will not cover anything that could imply accidents can cause damage, things like door handles, light lens, trim pieces etc)

By the way $5k for 4 years is a very good price. As my 2 year/40 000km (to 6 years/120k) extension costs $5000 MSRP.
Appreciate 0