BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

01-17-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
Treozen
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i

Help a 1957 Chevy....can anyone measure a seat for me?

Hi all -

I do not have a 7-series, I have a 535i, BUT...we're talking 1957 Chevy here, and I need your help.

20-odd years ago I replaced the stock seats in my '57 with those from a Cadillac, and now, they look very dated. I've decided to replace them and go with buckets seats up front, but the rear seat is always a fitment issue because few cars anymore are as wide as a 57 Chevy on the inside. So I looked at bigger cars, and I think the rear seat (plus front seats) of a 2011 750 may work (and any year of the same model design I suppose), but I need a measurement to be sure.

Is anyone willing to measure their seats for me? Specifically:

1 - Measurement across the front and back of the rear seat, bottom cushion.
2 - Measurement across the top and bottom of the rear seat, back cushion
3 - Measurement of the overall height of the rear seat cushion, excluding headrests.

I'd appreciate it - I have potential access to a nice set, but don't want to spend $800+ shipping unless I know the seats are at least within range of something I can work with.

Thanks,
Allan.
Appreciate 0