BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

10-18-2019, 06:44 AM   #1
Tonylito
Registered
Rep
Drives: 750

2014 F01 Software Update

I have a 2014 F01 750 .... best I can tell the software has never been updated or not in awhile (i can get version).

I had a loaner last yesterday and the connected drive / apps and software in general is just way better. Obviously.

I have two questions:

1) I downloaded the latest and greatest from the update site per my VIN. Is this going to get me some of the cool new stuff .... like how its integrated with audible over BT (vs. USB on my car) or ApplePlay ...

1b) if not - is there a hack?

2) Can i go from whatver version I am on to the latest and greatest without interim update?

2b) Is the juice worth the squeeze - meaning ... do i risk making what is relatively stable - 2014 stable - for crazy buggy flakiness?

Thanks in advance - i guess 4 questions but what i am hoping for is .... Its a great update, go for it wtih little risk and people are getitng in the my B questions. with heres the hack and here are the details of the risk.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
Tonylito
Registered
Rep
Drives: 750

2014 F01 Software Update

so i did the update .. pretty lame. doesnt really do much cool compared to thej app intergration and apply play on the new ones.

Any options?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:27 PM   #3
E92TTCoupe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: x335i/x550i/x640i/x540i/c750i

How did you do the update? And which loaner are you comparing to your vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 01:39 PM   #4
Euro-bmw
Rep
Drives: All black

2014 bmw 7 series won't go into gear HELP ANY1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonylito View Post
I have a 2014 F01 750 .... best I can tell the software has never been updated or not in awhile (i can get version).

I had a loaner last yesterday and the connected drive / apps and software in general is just way better. Obviously.

I have two questions:

1) I downloaded the latest and greatest from the update site per my VIN. Is this going to get me some of the cool new stuff .... like how its integrated with audible over BT (vs. USB on my car) or ApplePlay ...

1b) if not - is there a hack?

2) Can i go from whatver version I am on to the latest and greatest without interim update?

2b) Is the juice worth the squeeze - meaning ... do i risk making what is relatively stable - 2014 stable - for crazy buggy flakiness?

Thanks in advance - i guess 4 questions but what i am hoping for is .... Its a great update, go for it wtih little risk and people are getitng in the my B questions. with heres the hack and here are the details of the risk.
I have a 2014 bmw 7 series and it won't go into gear have any ideas please let me know
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 05:17 PM   #5
001BMW
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro-bmw View Post
I have a 2014 bmw 7 series and it won't go into gear have any ideas please let me know
No one likes a thread-thief...
Appreciate 0