BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

11-15-2020, 06:56 PM   #1
SW17LS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mercedes S560

Autobahn Package...thoughts?

So, planning on placing my 750 order next week. Has anybody had experience with and without the autobahn package?

The main feature I am looking for out of this package is the Active Comfort Drive, I'm used to piloting around a big LWB sedan so the rear wheel steering doesnt really concern me, but the Active Comfort Drive does appeal to me.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2020, 07:24 PM   #2
Epiplatys
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M760Li 2018

Both G12s I owned luckily had the autobahn package, so I used to take it for granted and frankly got my first G12 without thinking much of it. Short test drives were not enough to make anything out of it. That was until I had had it for a few months and then got a loaner without it. I would not go as far as saying it is night and day kind of difference, no. You can live happily without it and totally enjoy the car. But when you get to own one equipped with it long-term, you get used to it and quickly learn how great it is. You do feel it changing/adapting the suspension response based on your driving and the road ahead. The steering is quicker both due to the different steering rack but more so from the rear steering wheels. In reality all of it bundled together create a different driving experience, imo transforming it from a car that feels a little big to the car that you gel with. Based on your comment you may not think much of the rear wheel steering, but I personally just love it. So much so that when I move from an M850i to the LWB 7 I don't feel handicapped.
      11-15-2020, 07:34 PM   #3
SW17LS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mercedes S560

Yeah I will certainly take the rear wheel steering, it just wouldnt be my motivation for getting the package. Thanks for your input!
Appreciate 0