BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

01-01-2015, 04:27 PM   #221
DarkgraphiteNYC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi, '11 328xi (ret)

Quite Amazing how this pic pretty much nailed what the G11 will look like back in 8/13...

This could've saved us all the suspense...

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873429

BMW dropped the ball on this one. Such a blah looking car. I think the lights connecting to the grills look absolutely horrible--a horrible trend starting with the 3 series. Sort of like the cars are wearing goggles. Not sleek or stylistic at all.
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2015, 04:29 PM   #222
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkgraphiteNYC View Post
Quite Amazing how this pic pretty much nailed what the G11 will look like back in 8/13...

This could've saved us all the suspense...

http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873429

BMW dropped the ball on this one. Such a blah looking car. I think the lights connecting to the grills look absolutely horrible--a horrible trend starting with the 3 series. Sort of like the cars are wearing goggles. Not sleek or stylistic at all.
Everyone back then hated the design also.
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2015, 04:30 PM   #223
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Lol the reaction to it was similar. Although i think the render looks better

Bmw really needs to put this fire out and release some proper pics
This must have been a proper blow for bmw. Usually by now scott would have been all over
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 05:24 PM   #224
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaCar View Post
I know right. He talked so much hot air saying the spy shot interiors are not how the production will be and they are still doing the design. Pure BS coming from that guys posts. He (Scott26) even challenged me it will be different. yah right interior is sure different!
Yes it was different because that interior was in a different stage of development that prototype elements were used and final trim elements were not present.
They were the fist pictures of the interior and their was no final trim just plastic.
I explained all that before.

This is the final interior and yes it is very high quality and because of the new connected drive features there is no need for a lot of switchgear that a majority can now be found within the interface. Once we take away switchgear then we remove unnecessary console space and the effect of adding blanking plates to occupy space therefore removing it gives the 7er a more minimalist cockpit.
      01-01-2015, 05:26 PM   #225
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
I read somewhere the weight savings will only be bout 100kg. If true AND its because they fitted 4cyl eng then again this can turn out to be one of the worst intro for a bmw car. The new q7 managed to shave +300kg with no carbon fibre. Bmw better put out some proper pics and specs to put out this fire
Actually closer to 200KG.
      01-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #226
X3paul
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
I read somewhere the weight savings will only be bout 100kg. If true AND its because they fitted 4cyl eng then again this can turn out to be one of the worst intro for a bmw car. The new q7 managed to shave +300kg with no carbon fibre. Bmw better put out some proper pics and specs to put out this fire
Actually closer to 200KG.
Here at last. here at last.

Anyways is that with 4cyl engines or similar equip vehicles? Cause the new Q7 managed 300 and doesnt even use cfr. So not very impressive to be honest
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 05:33 PM   #227
X3paul
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26
Quote:
I know right. He talked so much hot air saying the spy shot interiors are not how the production will be and they are still doing the design. Pure BS coming from that guys posts. He (Scott26) even challenged me it will be different. yah right interior is sure different!
Yes it was different because that interior was in a different stage of development that prototype elements were used and final trim elements were not present.
They were the fist pictures of the interior and their was no final trim just plastic.

This is the final interior and yes it is very high quality and because of the new connected drive features there is no need for a lot of switchgear that a majority can now be found within the interface. Once we take away switchgear then we remove unnecessary console space and the effect of adding blanking plates to occupy space therefore removing it gives the 7er a more minimalist cockpit.
Minimalist indeed. To the point it reaches cheap. Sorry but that is indeed final pic - as i thought it was - it doesnt hold a candle to the s class coup specially. I can allready see where the lci will be.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #228
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballs16 View Post
Somewhere in a Mercedes boardroom, men are laughing right now.
Quite the opposite. The 7er will show the current S-Klasse is much heavier and the new 7er will set a new standard for the segment in weight reduction and dynamics in the segment.

Also BMW are going to challenge the Maybach with the 9er a separate concept which is not an elongated 7er. And BMW has the success of Rolls-Royce the pinnacle of automotive luxury. And also a segment where Mercedes failed and the new Maybach will not be enough.
      01-01-2015, 05:40 PM   #229
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peschiera View Post
Actually we know that for a long time. SCOTT26 has reported that in February already:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1030470&page=3

('BMW are once again providing logistics and product placement to the new Mission Impossible film.
Along with the M3 we will also see the i8 , i3 , X6 , X5 and a world first in the all-new BMW 7er.')
You read my reply wrong. You are saying that the car in the picture is the actual car in the movie hence this specific interior. The interior in the pic is supposedly different than in production stated by you because well... would BMW release a production car if the film crew can see it?? That is why these pics is the car that will be in the new Mission Impossible 5 movie. So it is NOT production model. LOL

AGAIN. We will revisit this post when the official pics is released which will be the same and you will then disappear and create a new account.

As for your other replies.. you are too naive to understand. I rather not help your moronic posts. Keep posting your silly logic.

Last edited by BananaCar; 01-01-2015 at 06:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #230
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post

That is not what you said. I stated the post treatment of the plastic (final trim) of the plastic will be different but the fundamental design is the same. You said.. noo it is a mix of existing model parts and prototypes while they work out drive train and other things first. Implying the actual design and look are much different than the spy pics. Read my old posts and I linked your actual replies. Regardless the interior pic as shown in this thread is not a far from the spy pics. Which is not what you were saying. Interior is an iteration and nothing new, forward thinking in design as stated by you. Looks like a LCI of F01 or a F15.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 05:46 PM   #231
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makdeniss View Post
As always: Scott prepares as for something phenomenal and yet we get some design abuse.
Where do you get design abuse?
Some of you are forgetting about perspective on how objects photographed up close can look larger than they actually are. Take the headlights as an example.

A 7er cannot afford to be radical because they have a specific demographic to appeal to. G11 will definitely appeal to the traditional loyal 7er customer.
The typical 7er customer has been with the 7er since the E23 or E32 and each 7er has been progressive bar the E65 that was far too progressive.

The change to the luxury market has meant that customers continue to look for further exclusivity above the standard luxury sedan and that is where the 9er fits in. The S-Klasse and indeed the 7er are know as the affordable luxury segment which means sold in volume and not exclusive.
The market has changed to the fact that there is an opening above standard luxury cars for customers that want further exclusivity from a BMW and a Mercedes which is where the Maybach and the 9er come in.
      01-01-2015, 05:52 PM   #232
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Quote:
That is not what you said. I stated the post treatment of the plastic (final trim) of the plastic will be different but the fundamental design is the same. You said.. noo it is a mix of existing model parts and prototypes while they work out drive train and other things first. Implying the actual design and look are much different than the spy pics. Read my old posts and I linked your actual replies. Regardless the interior pic as shown in this thread is not a far from the spy pics. Which is not what you were saying. Interior is an interaction and nothing new, forward thinking in design as stated by you. Looks like a LCI of F01 or a F15.
That is exactly what I said this was not the final finished car.
Example is this the finished S-Klasse?
Attached Images

01-01-2015, 06:02 PM   #233
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Why you showing me this? We are talking about the interior 7 spy photos that is exactly same design as the production pics in this thread. Sure the finish is shinny but still the same. Layout is exact. Buttons are the same place.

It is this pic we were in discussion. Sure looks the same to me.

Even the steering wheel is the same.

I challenged you that the spy pic is the same and you said otherwise and I have lack of faith. Well? What are you even rambling about. The very leaked pics is the production design as I and many have said. This is based on historically every leaked/spy pic showing this. You were all 'OHH NOOOO it is different that is not final. ( Mr. I have internal knowledge I am BMW god.) They are only using existing parts and some prototype because they are concentrating on drivetrain and body first!".

Then more ramblings about bmws philosophy/subjective horse poo. Just like your second last reply. "A 7er cannot afford to be radical because they have a specific demographic to appeal to. G11 will definitely appeal to the traditional loyal 7er customer." = horse poo post. Now you are saying it can't deviate from a specific demographic when you stated the opposite before saying it will be better. Bunch of subjective words with nothing backing it up.

Let me enlighten you with your very own posts below.

Quote:
This is not the full interior. This is a mis-match of existing BMW interior parts standing in for final detail and finish. We still have under a year to go.
Quote:
You do realise the interior is not even finished but using current and prototype parts to resemble a dashboard as they are more focused in developing the chassis at this point.
Quote:
All I mentioned was the interior finish is not final. And that there are prototype elements being used because the specifics are not necessary.

Believe it or not the finished car is more upscale than you think when the full detail is added. The added segment was to prove this is not the final result.

Last edited by BananaCar; 01-01-2015 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #234
Bimmeration
BEEMDUBLEW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' Tesla Model S 85kw

cross-eyed, light & grille design like the others.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 06:20 PM   #235
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Look at the spy pics. THIS IS the final product. Maybe, due to this reaction they will postpone the launch and redo it like audi did with the q7 or as usual bmw will be left with massive work to do on the lci to cover mistakes you and I can clearly see. Remember E60 interior? Or e90 rear lights? Or e65 front end? Or F25 x3 (funny they changed EVERY single thing I pointed out on the 1st pics when that came out - they must read my posts eheh). I wonder how much these mistakes cost bmw in the end? I bet we could have all rwd models if they just got the thing right the 1st time. Hey bmw/scott hire me and i will save you millions
Most likely it will in in LCI. Tooling is already done. Would incur huge lost and scrapping fabricated parts. Risk assessment. If BMW is willing to incur the lost maybe we will see a change.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #236
X3paul
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaCar
Quote:
Look at the spy pics. THIS IS the final product. Maybe, due to this reaction they will postpone the launch and redo it like audi did with the q7 or as usual bmw will be left with massive work to do on the lci to cover mistakes you and I can clearly see. Remember E60 interior? Or e90 rear lights? Or e65 front end? Or F25 x3 (funny they changed EVERY single thing I pointed out on the 1st pics when that came out - they must read my posts eheh). I wonder how much these mistakes cost bmw in the end? I bet we could have all rwd models if they just got the thing right the 1st time. Hey bmw/scott hire me and i will save you millions
Most likely it will in in LCI. Tooling is already done. Would incur huge lost and scrapping fabricated parts. Risk assessment. If BMW is willing to incur the lost maybe we will see a change.
Yeah thats the usual MO. I dont get it. The bean pushers are ruining the company's image (did allready as THE premium sports offer? Audi now are the premium sports i think for the public not for fanboy) for profit and then make these mistakes - i recall when I sat on the e60 5ser the 1st time and the first thing i noticed was the ackward window buttons. How much did it cost bmw to fix something that should have been picked up on the first lifesize model??
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #237
X3paul
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaCar
Quote:
Why you showing me this? We are talking about the interior 7 spy photos that is exactly same design as the production pics in this thread. Sure the finish is shinny but still the same. Layout is exact. Buttons are the same place.

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/98ypu0.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/egpdfs.jpg[/IMG]

I challenged you that the spy pic is the same and you said otherwise and I have lack of faith. Well? What are you even rambling about. The very leaked pics is the production design as I and many have said. This is based on historically every leaked/spy pic showing this. You were all 'OHH NOOOO it is different that is not final. ( Mr. I have internal knowledge I am BMW god.) They are only using existing parts and some prototype because they are concentrating on drivetrain and body first!".

Then more ramblings about bmws philosophy/subjective horse poo. Just like your second last reply. "A 7er cannot afford to be radical because they have a specific demographic to appeal to. G11 will definitely appeal to the traditional loyal 7er customer." = horse poo post. Now you are saying it can't deviate from a specific demographic when you stated the opposite before saying it will be better. Bunch of subjective words with nothing backing it up.

Quote:
This is not the full interior. This is a mis-match of existing BMW interior parts standing in for final detail and finish. We still have under a year to go.
Quote:
You do realise the interior is not even finished but using current and prototype parts to resemble a dashboard as they are more focused in developing the chassis at this point.
Quote:
All I mentioned was the interior finish is not final. And that there are prototype elements being used because the specifics are not necessary.

Believe it or not the finished car is more upscale than you think when the full detail is added. The added segment was to prove this is not the final result.
Look the same to me...scott?

Ps - shit that plastic chrome on the climate controls sure looks cheap
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #238
Henrayy///M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mazda 6 Sport

Quote:

uhmm, what Scott said made perfect sense to me. The center console area is clearly just plastic instead of the final materials and trim. It was your mistake to think that he meant the design would be radically different from the spy shots.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 06:58 PM   #239
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Look the same to me...scott?

Ps - shit that plastic chrome on the climate controls sure looks cheap
Its actually high quality metal aluminium plating.
As I said you cannot make an exact impression because you see so very little.
      01-01-2015, 07:01 PM   #240
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrayy///M View Post
uhmm, what Scott said made perfect sense to me. The center console area is clearly just plastic instead of the final materials and trim. It was your mistake to think that he meant the design would be radically different from the spy shots.
Check my quotes form SCOTT26. I never said it would be radically different. Where do I say that? It was him that said it would be radically different. He said it was current f01 parts being used and it would be different. He stated the design is different. Existing and prototype parts used for now. Yes there is leather but the form is the same just treatment/finish is different. I have stated the post-treatment (manufacturing term) of plastics will be different (of course) this could be paint, various coatings (like cell phones encasing on majority of android phones) could be rubber coating, metal, or something else I am not aware off.. But post fabricated treatment of the plastics. As I stated before the 'real estate' and fundamental design will be the same. Just the finish may be different. The overall form, the specification and measurements of certain angle of parts will be the same or close. Look at the quotes from him in my last reply.

Last edited by BananaCar; 01-01-2015 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 07:18 PM   #241
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

How come the new 7 doesnt have the ugly hood shut line like the F8X?
They told us the hood line had to do with European pedestrian safety standard even though Audi/VW never had them.

The front looks pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #242
BEMR
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M4

7 series = Yankee Tank, really no other way to describe it, other than old mans ride, sorry!

With integrity nothing else matters, without integrity nothing else matters.
Appreciate 0