BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-25-2020, 09:38 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Drivetrain Malfunction = 1 Coil & 8 Plugs

So…

After just having passed 75k miles, I get a Drivetrain Malfunction; car is shaking / shuddering.

Dealer states car needs 1 coil and 8 plugs, for which it wants $980.

I call my indy, which wants $175 + parts.

I call several dealers; coils are between $90 and $120 and plugs are between $30 and 40.

So the job at my indy would be $615.

Dealer gets extended warranty to cover the 1 coil, but there’s a $250 deductible and dealer still wants $850 from me!?

I’m told that the warranty company will be paying is $120 given my $250 deductible; meaning the portion of the coil job is $370, and the plugs are the balance of the job.

Dealer states they’re charging $30 per plug, but that they need 2 hours of labor at $180 per hour for 8 plugs.

I balk and state there must be overlapping labor charges, but the advisor says no.

I get it that plugs are maintenance and that $365 isn’t a tremendous amount of money, but I feel that I’m being taken here.

ARGH!!!
Appreciate 0