BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

08-20-2020, 11:23 AM   #1
fazooley
Rep
Drives: f01 2012

Assisted Driving View

Hey guys,
I was watching a video last night and saw the new assisted driving view. I don't see any options to activate this on my 2020 750. Software is 7/2020 and just got updated for all the traffic cams and drive recorder. Not sure if this is something that has to be coded but i wouldnt think so considering it appears from what i can see on many models from 3 series to X5 etc.

Thanks
Frankie
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 02:21 PM   #2
NewQ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 750i

Does that not work?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

It can be coded if you dont have it from factory.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 10:48 PM   #4
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Does ID5/ID6 show traffic CAM/Red Light CAM information? I don't see it on my car!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 03:04 AM   #5
ewoody
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M760e xDrive (2x)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
It can be coded if you dont have it from factory.
Even for cars produced before 07/19?

What does it need for?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 08:46 AM   #6
fazooley
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewQ View Post

Does that not work?
No I dont even have the option to turn it on under assitance systems, or settigns car instrument cluster. I have the 7/2020 software and was just updated so not sure why its not active. Ive been seeing the pictures of this for like a year now and just figured it wasnt available on our 7 series but silly me. Is this something that comes from factory or are all of you guys coding this?

Thanks
Frankie
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 08:48 AM   #7
fazooley
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
Does ID5/ID6 show traffic CAM/Red Light CAM information? I don't see it on my car!

It shows red light and speed cameras. Goto BMWConnectedDrive store and you should see the option to add it there, its a service. Also they have new driverecorder which is kind of cool. You can start recording a 360 degree view from around the car. Now I think this isnt something that would be too useful however god forbid your in an accident it will automatically pull the 40 seconds prior and after. So essentially its adding a dashcam using your factory cameras.

Thanks
Frankie
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 09:37 AM   #8
NewQ
Private First Class
Rep

I'm assuming A: you have the feature in your car and B: you don't have reduced mode on?

The video shows exactly how my car behaves.

When you hit the same button shown in the video, what actually displays in the instrument cluster?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 12:29 PM   #9
fazooley
Rep

Quote:
I'm assuming A: you have the feature in your car and B: you don't have reduced mode on?

The video shows exactly how my car behaves.

When you hit the same button shown in the video, what actually displays in the instrument cluster?
Yes I have the option in my car, I use assisted driving all the time living in NYC. However when I goto displays, instrument cluster the option to enable assisted driving view is not there. I have the latest software so cant be that issue,but i have had some weird things before happen with this car. Im just wondering if this is something thats factory in the USA and I can just ask my dealer to fix this or if it needs to be coded with esys or bimmercode,etc.

Actually after just checking I dont have reduced mode option either.

Central Display Area
Converted Speed
Additional Information
Route Warnings - This one seems to come and go at will. I added the traffic camera information and sometimes it just goes from HUD to Instrument cluster. When it does this the route warnings menu dissapears
Speed Limit Assistance
Display Infotqainment Lists In

Those are available menus.

Thanks for replying so quickly also

Frankie
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 12:58 AM   #10
NewQ
Private First Class
Rep

I'm not sure then.

If you don't have reduced mode as an option, that's unusual too.

If you don't have the full display, how would you ever know the system is working? Do you use the full hands-free driving system on highways where it tracks your eyes?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 01:48 PM   #11
fazooley
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure then.

If you don't have reduced mode as an option, that's unusual too.

If you don't have the full display, how would you ever know the system is working? Do you use the full hands-free driving system on highways where it tracks your eyes?
Yes I have the assisted city driving, it changes lanes automatically, yes it has the sensors to monitor my eyes also on the top of the instrument cluster. I do have a small display option in HUD, where it will make it smaller. But in the video there is a reduced menu which is like two choices under that option to enable assist view thats not there.

Im just wondering if everyone else here with 2020 7 series has this available. Just to confirm your in the USA, 2020 7 series and have this from factory without any additional coding.

Thanks
Frankie
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2020, 11:56 PM   #12
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

I don't see the feature for red light and speed cameras under the BMWConnectedDrive. I have the realtime traffic Information, is it part of this feature but needs to be turned on somewhere in the iDrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazooley View Post
It shows red light and speed cameras. Goto BMWConnectedDrive store and you should see the option to add it there, its a service. Also they have new driverecorder which is kind of cool. You can start recording a 360 degree view from around the car. Now I think this isnt something that would be too useful however god forbid your in an accident it will automatically pull the 40 seconds prior and after. So essentially its adding a dashcam using your factory cameras.

Thanks
Frankie
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 10:25 AM   #13
NewQ
Private First Class
Rep

Yes, I have a USA factory-coded 2020 750i.

Maybe I'm not remembering my menu options correctly, but that video reflects what I recall my setup to look like with iDrive 7.

If you get to a dealer, you could see if any cars have the eye-tracking hardware, and poke around on those, so you can have something to show the service advisor.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 03:24 PM   #14
NewQ
Private First Class
Rep

I found two other possible ways to activate it in my menus.

Under settings and "Driver Assistance" there's a "Driving" option that contains an option to display when assistance is active.

In the Display settings, the central display area drop down also has an option to display the assisted driving view, but I think it will show it all the time if you pick that.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #15
fazooley
Rep

Quote:
I found two other possible ways to activate it in my menus.

Under settings and "Driver Assistance" there's a "Driving" option that contains an option to display when assistance is active.

In the Display settings, the central display area drop down also has an option to display the assisted driving view, but I think it will show it all the time if you pick that.
So heres the issue.. My car was built 6.2019, its ONLY in cars 7.2019 and forward. So even if like me you have the latest 7.2020 software it will not be active by default. I bought an enet cable and coded it on in my vehicle and now it works perfectly.

Not sure if im allowed to post the coding parameters here so anyone who would like to code this please feel free to PM me and I can send you a video of how to code this yourself.

Thanks
Frankie
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 05:26 PM   #16
fazooley
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
I don't see the feature for red light and speed cameras under the BMWConnectedDrive. I have the realtime traffic Information, is it part of this feature but needs to be turned on somewhere in the iDrive?
Unfortunately its only for new 2020 chassis. I think it has something to do with BMWLIVE. Im very suprised earlier models cannot get this. Living in NYC this is an absolute MUST as every other block this lowlife Diblasio has cameras to generate revenue for his failed attempt at my city

Thanks
Frankie
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 07:51 PM   #17
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazooley View Post
Unfortunately its only for new 2020 chassis. I think it has something to do with BMWLIVE. Im very suprised earlier models cannot get this. Living in NYC this is an absolute MUST as every other block this lowlife Diblasio has cameras to generate revenue for his failed attempt at my city

Thanks
Frankie
GOOD NEWS:
If you have a 2020 you can get the traffic cameras for $25 for 15 months. You will need to go to to the BMW connected site on a computer -- not the phone app, and sign up and pay. The car camera (recorder) app is also there with a free one month trial. I just signed up for the traffic cameras and assume it will get downloaded next time I start up. Will let you know how it works.

Last edited by AlteBMW; 08-24-2020 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2020, 11:20 PM   #18
NewQ
Private First Class
Rep

Is 6/2019 still the pre-LCI car?

If not, then you're saying the car has the features, but they're just not activated?

Like there are people out there with cars that can do all of this, but BMW just doesn't tell them that it's possible?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 10:13 AM   #19
fazooley
Rep

Quote:
Is 6/2019 still the pre-LCI car?

If not, then you're saying the car has the features, but they're just not activated?

Like there are people out there with cars that can do all of this, but BMW just doesn't tell them that it's possible?

Thats absolutely correct. If my car was made 14 days later it would be standard in the programming. So yes, any vehicle with Assisted Driving Pro package and BMWLIVE cluster can essentially have this functionality. Whats even crazier is that when i asked BMW techs if they could just activate this for me there response was your car isnt equipped with this functionality although I knew otherwise.

Also it seems like alot of other cars dont have the Automatic Lane Change option so that seems to be another popular one they code. Below is the video I followed to get this done. If anyone is shy about coding and would like this done i can gladly code it remotely for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EP_JKu0Q4M

Thanks
Frankie
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 02:23 PM   #20
NewQ
Private First Class
Rep

Maybe I should find better things to do with my time, but I would have raised hell at the dealership about this.

This isn't a lease on a base 3-Series, this is their flagship product, and for me to have to figure this out on my own would be almost insulting.

Did you demonstrate to them that it had all of the assisted driving features?

And are you going to show them the change you made?

I would even go through the manager to corporate. This should be an OTA software update, in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #21
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
I tried out the red light camera feature on a trip on Sunday. RT of about 100 miles. Waze was running in the background while I was using BMW Nav. The BMW app picked up all the red light cameras and speed cameras Waze picked up. I personally liked the unobtrusive visual warning in the dash versus the sometimes jarring Waze alerts.
Appreciate 0