BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-21-2023, 05:01 PM   #1
bretthardwood
Rep
Drives: G01, E65, E28

Engine combinations

Hello everybody

I have some questions... I am not sure where to post but let's see what happens.

At the moment I am building a M60 Zylinderhead with B44 crankcase sleeved back to b40 pistons engine. Target is Supercharging. So far so good. As I am now 80% finished something crazy came in my mind.

I also drive a 7series M67D44. Main problem with those gasoline crankcases are Alusil instable blocks. So as mentioned above sleeves and stuff.

But something crazy came in my mind.

Is there a possibility to combine the
diesel M67D44 crankcase, and big crancshaft
M60B40 heads (double chain non vanos)
S62b50 pistons conrods also 93mm hub

With that it would be a super strong steel petrol block with 94x93mm and thanks to m60 heads combined with lightweight VW valve clearance compensation element 8500rpm....

For me that sounds like the best components for endless power with undestroyable components.

So.... Anything crazy like this ever done?

Oh and Al this is planned to be in a e28 with 1000kilos. Let's say maximum fun level
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2023, 06:40 AM   #2
grannyknot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M coupe

I can't help you on that particular engine, too new for my experience, I would just say be meticulous with your measurements. If it works out on paper then give it a try.
Just remember that the head gasket is your safety valve, you want it to blow first like a fuse to save the rest of the engine.
Sounds like it could be a power monster.