BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-17-2021, 11:34 AM   #287
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I don’t know brother. I raised two awesome kids and it was the absolute best time of my life. Here we are last Sunday at the Tampa Bay buccaneers game. I wouldn’t trade this for all the cars in the world.
Congrats! You know that lots of us don't want kids, though, right? Neither side is wrong.

I have found that lots of people with kids always want to act like those of us that do not want them are wrong for that. Smh
Appreciate 3
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
INTMD8151.00
Seedster2275.50
      12-17-2021, 11:36 AM   #288
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
IIRC MM sells more z06's than furman.

I think GM sends out more allocations based on previous z06 sales.

So perhaps dealers will get "x" amount of allocations based on that. But because of with what's going on with the setbacks, even people high up on the list, like me, could still be waiting anway.

If i can have the car exactly 1 year from now i would be happy.
Z allocations are normally based on total base Vette sales. I'm under 300 on the Ciocca list. Not guaranteed a 2023, but a damn good shot at one
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      12-17-2021, 11:54 AM   #289
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Are we the same person?

hahahaha we might. My uncle lives in vegas too. I try to visit him once every couple of years. But he gets mad when i stay at a hotel on the weekend for my own "entertainment" if you know what i mean LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Z allocations are normally based on total base Vette sales. I'm under 300 on the Ciocca list. Not guaranteed a 2023, but a damn good shot at one
Hmm you might be right considering the 1st MY C8Z.

But usually it's based on previous z06 sales. But since the last z06 these dealers have sold was 19MY z06, i don't think they're going by those numbers anymore lol

They might be going based on 22/23MY stingray sales for the debut MY z06.

Either or, if MM gets even 200 allocations per year, i'm still getting a 1st year anyway so i'm not worried
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 12:09 PM   #290
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
Anyone else think the C8 is unattractive?

I wouldn't call it fugly, but it could've looked better esp when compared to the C7, which IMO has a better exterior aesthetic.
Definitely not me, I've never ever, EVER been a fan of the Corvette...until now.

I love the C8. The Z06 is completely badass and if I had the money I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I loathe GM as a company, but I have to give them kudos for the C8; they really knocked it out of the park with this one.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 02:22 PM   #291
SSJVegita
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW M3

Quote:
That's awesome dude.

I don't knock anyone with a family. I give all respect to that.

I'm just saying for me, i don't have a care in the world for kids. I have to pretend to be interested when friends show me their newborn or their small child growing up etc. That's just how i am. I do not like kids.

Now give me a dog, cars or bikes, then you got my attention lol
I am right there with you brother...lol im literally the same....i have to act interested when my friends bring up their kids.....its just not for me. I dont get why some people, usually ones with kids, have to push them on to everyone. Like someone who doesnt have kids is lesser to someone who does....no offence to anyone who loves kids and has a family, its just not for everyone and its annoyin to push it on people constantly....anyway rant over lol

give me my dogs and cars and im good to go.
Appreciate 3
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
Donatello.1080.00
Seedster2275.50
      12-17-2021, 02:24 PM   #292
SSJVegita
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 BMW M3

Also for anyone else hunting for a z06 at msrp, palm coast dealer in florida called Tom Bibbs cheverlot is also only selling them at msrp.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      12-17-2021, 02:34 PM   #293
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJVegita View Post
I am right there with you brother...lol im literally the same....i have to act interested when my friends bring up their kids.....its just not for me. I dont get why some people, usually ones with kids, have to push them on to everyone. Like someone who doesnt have kids is lesser to someone who does....no offence to anyone who loves kids and has a family, its just not for everyone and its annoyin to push it on people constantly....anyway rant over lol

give me my dogs and cars and im good to go.
My co-worker and I have the occasional argument on this a couple of times a year.

He's like, "you know when you finally grow up and start a family, you'd understand where i'm coming from."

I'm like finally grow up? I have a house, and multiple cars and living a bachelor's life. I'm not rich but i'm well off making the same salary as you but you have 3 kids, a spouse whose not even your wife yet, and an apt you're renting. I think i'm doing much better lol

I never get it. I would say more than half of the kids born each day are unplanned. A lot of girls do not want to use protection and i know this because i met 3 tinder girls the past 12 months or so and whenever it's time to do the deed, they always say i don't need them lol.

This is EXACTLY why i got the vasectomy 2 years ago. I'm not making that mistake that i'll pay for, literally, for 18-21 years. Fuck that shit. That shit is for suckers.

But yeah i can't wait for my C8Z to arrive
Appreciate 3
      12-17-2021, 03:06 PM   #294
mikado463
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5 35i , '67 Corvette BB,

some good news .............

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturi...ntucky-tornado
      12-17-2021, 03:22 PM   #295
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
I would love to get one sometime before next winter. September/October at the latest. Lol. Probably dreaming. 😂🤣
Impossible lol.

Unless someone who literally are getting these cars to flip them, you can probably get one for MSRP + 60k next winter too lol.

I got on the list fall of 2019. I had a hunch the car will be that good
I have 3 deposits on the car in 3 states. My best chance is one in Florida as it's a "friend" of my dad. I am #3 on their list. It's not a huge dealership. The others are in Jersey and Middle of no-where Kansas. I think it's going to be like hitting the lottery. Lol. We shall see. I didn't want all my eggs in 1 basket. Who knows, maybe I will have 2 or 3. Lol
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 03:31 PM   #296
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have 3 deposits on the car in 3 states. My best chance is one in Florida as it's a "friend" of my dad. I am #3 on their list. It's not a huge dealership. The others are in Jersey and Middle of no-where Kansas. I think it's going to be like hitting the lottery. Lol. We shall see. I didn't want all my eggs in 1 basket. Who knows, maybe I will have 2 or 3. Lol
Funny thing is i got my C7Z from kerbeck since they gave me an amazing deal so i figure let me use them again.

Well things have changed since ciocca moved in as none of their workers give a shit anymore about customers. Instead of loyalty, now it's all about $$$. Which i guess i understand. But fuck them.

I hear they wanted 4000 deposit and they WILL NOT guarantee MSRP. So GM could debut the C8Z at 90k, and ciocca will say oh cool, let's sell the car at 130k!!

I went with macmulkin because they guaranteed MSRP. At least through email, not handwritten but they have a huge following banking on this so if they let us down, their reputation will turn to shit.

I'm ready to spend around 90-110k though MSRP. I think this z06 is going to be the fucking real deal and they'll still make it affordable for most but they know they can charge more and still sell them all.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 03:38 PM   #297
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Quote:
Funny thing is i got my C7Z from kerbeck since they gave me an amazing deal so i figure let me use them again.

Well things have changed since ciocca moved in as none of their workers give a shit anymore about customers. Instead of loyalty, now it's all about $$$. Which i guess i understand. But fuck them.

I hear they wanted 4000 deposit and they WILL NOT guarantee MSRP. So GM could debut the C8Z at 90k, and ciocca will say oh cool, let's sell the car at 130k!!

I went with macmulkin because they guaranteed MSRP. At least through email, not handwritten but they have a huge following banking on this so if they let us down, their reputation will turn to shit.

I'm ready to spend around 90-110k though MSRP. I think this z06 is going to be the fucking real deal and they'll still make it affordable for most but they know they can charge more and still sell them all.
We shall see. I don't believe any of them for 1 second. Scumbags:-)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 04:30 PM   #298
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
My co-worker and I have the occasional argument on this a couple of times a year.

He's like, "you know when you finally grow up and start a family, you'd understand where i'm coming from."

I'm like finally grow up? I have a house, and multiple cars and living a bachelor's life. I'm not rich but i'm well off making the same salary as you but you have 3 kids, a spouse whose not even your wife yet, and an apt you're renting. I think i'm doing much better lol

I never get it. I would say more than half of the kids born each day are unplanned. A lot of girls do not want to use protection and i know this because i met 3 tinder girls the past 12 months or so and whenever it's time to do the deed, they always say i don't need them lol.

This is EXACTLY why i got the vasectomy 2 years ago. I'm not making that mistake that i'll pay for, literally, for 18-21 years. Fuck that shit. That shit is for suckers.

Good for you. Only had one kid, a daughter, that is more than enough for me.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      12-17-2021, 04:33 PM   #299
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Congrats! You know that lots of us don't want kids, though, right? Neither side is wrong.

I have found that lots of people with kids always want to act like those of us that do not want them are wrong for that. Smh
Another good man who is correct.
Appreciate 3
      12-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #300
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
That's awesome dude.

I don't knock anyone with a family. I give all respect to that.

I'm just saying for me, i don't have a care in the world for kids. I have to pretend to be interested when friends show me their newborn or their small child growing up etc. That's just how i am. I do not like kids.

Now give me a dog, cars or bikes, then you got my attention lol
That’s cool. I get it.
Appreciate 1
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
      12-17-2021, 06:20 PM   #301
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

i agree. no kids here. me and the gf of a few years both agree on that. no limits to what cars we want and no limits on vacations.

i do have those few people that say "well i'd have x, y, and z too if i didn't have kids" like they need to make an excuse why they had to buy an escalade instead of a lc500 or m5 instead of a cayman/evora.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 2
BGM-M3COMP2328.00
Donatello.1080.00
      12-17-2021, 07:40 PM   #302
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
What next for the C8 pandemic saga? Maybe an earthquake or volcanic eruption..

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/12/ov...green-factory/
Attached Images

'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2021, 02:41 PM   #303
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
I feel bad for stingray owners. Hopefully everyone is ok and recovers.

On a side note, this shouldn’t affect z06 production.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2021, 06:12 PM   #304
VChenz
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 Base

Quote:

This guy is my hero.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2021, 08:35 PM   #305
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Kids are tough, I always wanted them but was absolutely blind sided as to how much work they would be and I married a woman who struggled immensely with the responsibility. To clarify, dedicated mother but was/is constantly overwhelmed.

Now they are 10 and 6, the fun has began. They are both proper rev heads, we hit baseballs, we rent cars off turo for the weekend, we ride bikes, we rent ski doos etc. It's a great age window for now anyways. But 0 to 4 is a fucking slog.

People want to show you their kids because they put so much time into it, same as you showing pictures of your car. Have a little patience unless you're being asked to baby sit against your will or whatever.

As for cars and "i'd have XYZ if not for kids", not sure how that i snot legit. We have dropped nearly $250K on child care alone, just child care, so two kids, i reakon so far they have cost what....i dunno .... must be nudging $400K no?

That buys some nice wheels.

It also affects your purchases, even "cool" ones. I need at least 2+2, even for a sports car, i cannot do a corvette or a F Type, i can't drive off and leave one kid behind can i.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 02:12 AM   #306
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VChenz View Post
This guy is my hero.
This guy is actually me. Hello, friend. 🤝

People think I’m rich because I have a Ferrari and a Porsche and can’t comprehend how someone can drive cars like that without losing any money. I’m like nah I just don’t have any kids and like cool cars 🤷

Meanwhile my brother who makes twice as much as I do and has three kids drives a minivan and a Chevy Traverse. Everyone’s got their own priorities. I’ll take the dog and Ferrari over the kids.

Last edited by dgoldenz; 12-19-2021 at 03:11 AM..
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2021, 07:13 AM   #307
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This guy is actually me. Hello, friend. 🤝

People think I’m rich because I have a Ferrari and a Porsche and can’t comprehend how someone can drive cars like that without losing any money. I’m like nah I just don’t have any kids and like cool cars 🤷

Meanwhile my brother who makes twice as much as I do and has three kids drives a minivan and a Chevy Traverse. Everyone’s got their own priorities. I’ll take the dog and Ferrari over the kids.
lol that's funny because yesterday a friend of mine said the same thing. He's like, "did you get the new corvette yet?" I'm like nah i have to wait one more year. So he's like, so you're not getting the bimmer anymore? Then i told him yeah i got it last month. Then he's like what about your other corvette? I said i still have it, and i'll wait until the new corvette arrives before i make the decision on keeping it or selling it. Then he's like dude, you're wasting too much money on these cars.

I'm like well other people have wives and kids. I have my cars. Then he's like well that's the reason why you don't have a wife or kids, because of your cars.

I was like what???? How does that make sense? I choose to not get married and getting a vasectomy obviously means i made the choice to NEVER have kids.

Some people just don't understand. It takes bigger balls to make a definitive and bold move like that in life to say ok i will not have a kid and get snipped. Then to meet a girl, go out for 3 months, she gets pregnant by accident. Then you're stuck with a kid without even knowing if that relationship will work out or not.

I am having a blast meeting these tinder girls without any risk of a forced long term relationship because of a dumb kid. No way am i getting suckered into that.

The girl i'm with now doesn't even know i had a vasectomy LOL. Although we only been going out for about 4 months now. It's ok. We'll "keep trying" to have that kid hahahaha
Appreciate 2
      12-19-2021, 11:03 AM   #308
INTMD8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91 manual

Quote:

Everyone’s got their own priorities. I’ll take the dog and Ferrari over the kids.
Haha, same here. Dogs are enough work, couldn't imagine kids.