BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

12-26-2021, 05:12 PM   #353
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Yawn, roll/dig racing...is it 2010. Do people actually waste their time doing that anymore. Buying a 1LE to go roll racing, lol.

Plaid wins.
Also hate to "break" it to you also.... tracking a car is not the mainstream and referring to ring times is a Manufacturers bragging rights and not relevant to the average buyer.... hints the 0-60 and HP ratings.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7835.00
      12-26-2021, 07:05 PM   #354
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Yawn, roll/dig racing...is it 2010. Do people actually waste their time doing that anymore. Buying a 1LE to go roll racing, lol.

Plaid wins.
What kind of racing are you doing?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 10:47 PM   #355
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
Also hate to "break" it to you also.... tracking a car is not the mainstream and referring to ring times is a Manufacturers bragging rights and not relevant to the average buyer.... hints the 0-60 and HP ratings.
This is an enthusiast site.

WTH are you even taking about?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 10:49 PM   #356
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Plaid wins.
Exactly. The 1LE is slower than the SS for dragging. If you got that for straight line, you are an idiot. I did win my class this year in autoX with the 1LE, so I think I made the right decision. What I really like is that GM makes cars that can turn these days. It’s like they finally “get it” for true enthusiasts.

For drag racers…there are Teslas.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7835.00
      12-27-2021, 01:53 AM   #357
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Hate to break it to you, no one cares if car A is one car length faster than car B. It doesn't f-cking matter. People will buy what ever car they want, not based on boring ass roll racing.

Last edited by M3WC; 12-27-2021 at 02:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 02:01 AM   #358
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Exactly. The 1LE is slower than the SS for dragging. If you got that for straight line, you are an idiot. I did win my class this year in autoX with the 1LE, so I think I made the right decision. What I really like is that GM makes cars that can turn these days. It’s like they finally “get it” for true enthusiasts.

For drag racers…there are Teslas.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 07:59 AM   #359
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
This is an enthusiast site.

WTH are you even taking about?
Um... it's a BMW forum.

Reread my prior post and take your fan Boi approach out of you comprehension.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 08:00 AM   #360
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hate to break it to you, no one cares if car A is one car length faster than car B. It doesn't f-cking matter. People will buy what ever car they want, not based on boring ass roll racing.
Lol yet your opinion is significantly in the minority.

People buy fast cars for one major reason..... knowing they can if needed.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 09:09 AM   #361
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
What are you talking about? For the first time with the C8 it's created a cross generational conversation with "younger" generations. According to Chevy the new generation has also created a bigger draw to higher income earners. Yet despite all this increase the corvette still draws a more "seasoned" buyer that's looking for the exotic appearance and not the exotic price. I give Chevy credit for this. Yet tell since you're an expert, would you rather have a ZL1-1LE or a C8..... I mean after all the ZL1-1LE is much more well rounded and "purpose built" and stomps the C8s dick in the sand while roll racing and off the dig.

People buy the C8 for looks, not for what it can or can't do..... not sure why people get so butt hurt at this factual observation.

I just laugh at all the comments pumping up its performance when all the data out is identical to how dodge claimed cars like my Demon can run a 9.56 from the factory. Yet th planets were perfectly aligned that day and while yes it can run a 9 sec 1/4 it's work to learn the car to get it to that point.
Wait... Come on man, a Garage Queen? LOL. "Buy the C8 for looks". LOL. Your Demon is based on a platform dating from 2005 that uses Mercedes Benz-derived components from the S-class platform from a decade before that. And the current face-lift Challenger design still practically mirrors the 1st Gen design from 1970. Any person of age who is in an economic position to buy a Demon is 70 years old and would crack a vertebra launching it at 1.8G. LOL

The C8 is an entirely new mid-engine platform (2021) from GM that is as fast or faster than the cars in its class (i.e. ones that go fast around a road course racetrack) while offered at a significant price advantage.

And speaking of garage queens... this is hardly a garage fit for a queen; it's a rental storage locker.
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 12-27-2021 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2021, 09:23 AM   #362
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
What are you talking about? For the first time with the C8 it's created a cross generational conversation with "younger" generations. According to Chevy the new generation has also created a bigger draw to higher income earners. Yet despite all this increase the corvette still draws a more "seasoned" buyer that's looking for the exotic appearance and not the exotic price. I give Chevy credit for this. Yet tell since you're an expert, would you rather have a ZL1-1LE or a C8..... I mean after all the ZL1-1LE is much more well rounded and "purpose built" and stomps the C8s dick in the sand while roll racing and off the dig.

People buy the C8 for looks, not for what it can or can't do..... not sure why people get so butt hurt at this factual observation.

I just laugh at all the comments pumping up its performance when all the data out is identical to how dodge claimed cars like my Demon can run a 9.56 from the factory. Yet th planets were perfectly aligned that day and while yes it can run a 9 sec 1/4 it's work to learn the car to get it to that point.
Wait... Come on man, a Garage Queen? LOL. "Buy the C8 for looks". LOL. Your Demon is based on a platform dating from 2005 that uses Mercedes Benz-derived components from the S-class platform from a decade before that. And the current face-lift Challenger design still practically mirrors the 1st Gen design from 1970. Any person of age who is in an economic position to buy a Demon is 70 years old and would crack a vertebra launching it at 1.8G. LOL

The C8 is an entirely new (i.e. 2021) mid-engine platform from GM that is as fast or faster than the cars in its class (i.e ones that go fast around a road course racetrack) while offered at a significant price advantage.

And speaking of garage queens... this is hardly a garage fit for a queen; it's a rental storage locker.
So Many of the chargers/hellcat/ scat pack/392 blah blah blah. That are like Mustangs now. See one every 3 minutes. Loud as fuck and slow as shit. Even the 6 cylinder ones they make loud as balls. I have yet to see a Demon on the road, but would love to when I'm in the GTR. I raced a Hellcat a few months ago in the F-82 and the dude could not grip for shit. 40 roll was not happening for him. We went from 60 and still couldn't beat me. Things are bland as hell.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17208.00
      12-27-2021, 09:36 AM   #363
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
So Many of the chargers/hellcat/ scat pack/392 blah blah blah. That are like Mustangs now. See one every 3 minutes. Loud as fuck and slow as shit. Even the 6 cylinder ones they make loud as balls. I have yet to see a Demon on the road, but would love to when I'm in the GTR. I raced a Hellcat a few months ago in the F-82 and the dude could not grip for shit. 40 roll was not happening for him. We went from 60 and still couldn't beat me. Things are bland as hell.
But even Ford styled the current Mustang distant from the 1960's versions while still retaining the Mustang theme in modern form. Anyone who recognizes a 2020 Challenger is a Hippy-era codger, retired on a limited income.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 09:39 AM   #364
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

The C8 is an entirely new (i.e. 2021) mid-engine platform from GM that is as fast or faster than the cars in its class (i.e ones that go fast around a road course racetrack) while offered at a significant price advantage.

Lmfao! Dude the Demon motor is literally a race motor and shares very little with anything including hellcat motors. 2 completely different motors and internals. I bought my Demon at 31yrs old and it's now worth $60k more than I paid and growing. Collectibles usually get garaged and FCA included every in the crate to not only race, but to store as a collectors piece.

ZR1 is a collectors corvette, not the C8. Not saying it's intended for such just a point of reference. I know 4 ppl with C8s and yes they have market appeal clearly. I'm only speaking on their performance. All Chevy had going for them was HD trucks and SUVs while their cars were struggling. Here's food for thought I have a good friend who's a GM for one of the largest Chevrolet dealers in Houston and he drives a Porsche while he could have any C8 he could get in the dealership. Being they have literally a whole building dedicated to Corvettes inventory isn't an issue for them. It's a lifeline Chevy needed. The Z06 V8 though is marketing at its best.

And yes, it took talent to get that lift in one of my spare garages like that. Fit like a glove with the M8GC on top.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 09:46 AM   #365
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yes they are. My 1khp E85 TRX goes 0-60 in 2.5sec with 35s thanks to AWD which they truly should've made an AWD Hellcat Charger. On 33s the 0-60 increase to 2.7, but breaks through the 1/4 at 9.8-9.92.

Hellcats are under tire'd from the factory and frankly their own power can break their driveline components.

The Hellcat/392/Scat scene these days isn't what FCA intended their market to be. Thanks to cultural music.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 09:55 AM   #366
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lmfao! Dude the Demon motor is literally a race motor and shares very little with anything including hellcat motors. 2 completely different motors and internals. I bought my Demon at 31yrs old and it's now worth $60k more than I paid and growing. Collectibles usually get garaged and FCA included every in the crate to not only race, but to store as a collectors piece.

ZR1 is a collectors corvette, not the C8. Not saying it's intended for such just a point of reference. I know 4 ppl with C8s and yes they have market appeal clearly. I'm only speaking on their performance. All Chevy had going for them was HD trucks and SUVs while their cars were struggling. Here's food for thought I have a good friend who's a GM for one of the largest Chevrolet dealers in Houston and he drives a Porsche while he could have any C8 he could get in the dealership. Being they have literally a whole building dedicated to Corvettes inventory isn't an issue for them. It's a lifeline Chevy needed. The Z06 V8 though is marketing at its best.

And yes, it took talent to get that lift in one of my spare garages like that. Fit like a glove with the M8GC on top.
So, all the bragging about 9-second quarter mile times, and 0 - 60 times (without roll out!) is just pissing in the wind, since your Demon is in storage. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 09:57 AM   #367
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes they are. My 1khp E85 TRX goes 0-60 in 2.5sec with 35s thanks to AWD which they truly should've made an AWD Hellcat Charger. On 33s the 0-60 increase to 2.7, but breaks through the 1/4 at 9.8-9.92.

Hellcats are under tire'd from the factory and frankly their own power can break their driveline components.

The Hellcat/392/Scat scene these days isn't what FCA intended their market to be. Thanks to cultural music.
It's a shame the American car companies can't figure out a way to get an AWD something out there. They just love sticking to their big horsepower 265 wide tire RWD crap:-) maybe the ZR-1 hybrid will be!! That would be insane
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 10:18 AM   #368
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
So, all the bragging about 9-second quarter mile times, and 0 - 60 times (without roll out!) is just pissing in the wind, since your Demon is in storage. LOL.
You're so desperate to try and spin my words You're not even seeing You're own hypocrisy. Dude I literally said like 5 posts back FCA claimed #s are shit too and not real world repeatedable. Demon isn't in storage, I gladly rotate between 6 different vehicles since each need love. Demon only has 3300 miles on it though. Which is like 2k more than most out there. Highest mile one I saw recently sell was on ebay with 19k miles and went for $130k.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 10:40 AM   #369
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's a shame the American car companies can't figure out a way to get an AWD something out there. They just love sticking to their big horsepower 265 wide tire RWD crap:-) maybe the ZR-1 hybrid will be!! That would be insane
A Hybrid would be phenomenal. I hate exotics passionate, but look forward to seeing what Lamborghini does with the Aventador as an answer to the SF90 for the exact same hybrid reasons you speak.

I honestly don't understand the lack of AWD either. There's a part of me that thinks it's largely associated with the politics that are tied into our vehicles emissions as most AWD applications have very low MPG when combined with a large displacement V8. The Hellcat Durango we had for like 1100 miles was an absolute cactus and soaked up every tank. My wife was filling it 2-3x a week. 7mpg AWD 707hp.... I hated it.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 10:41 AM   #370
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're so desperate to try and spin my words You're not even seeing You're own hypocrisy. Dude I literally said like 5 posts back FCA claimed #s are shit too and not real world repeatedable. Demon isn't in storage, I gladly rotate between 6 different vehicles since each need love. Demon only has 3300 miles on it though. Which is like 2k more than most out there. Highest mile one I saw recently sell was on ebay with 19k miles and went for $130k.
I'm trying to figure out why you are so much thread-crapping about the C8. You act like your Demon is more legitimate of a car than the C8 Corvette. I'd say the C8 is more of wide-focus performance automobile than a Demon. The Demon is a single-focus model solely built to drag race and it's based on a seriously aged platform spawned from the 2005 Chrysler 300M.

For as the high-level performance the C8 and C8Z (will) offer, they are usable daily drivers that the owner can enjoy both for street use and track use. You say stupid shit like the C8 is a Garage Queen and bought just for looks, and tracking a car is not the mainstream. You know that's just a load of crap.
Appreciate 1
RM72892.50
      12-27-2021, 10:51 AM   #371
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out why you are so much thread-crapping about the C8. You act like your Demon is more legitimate of a car than the C8 Corvette. I'd say the C8 is more of wide-focus performance automobile than a Demon. The Demon is a single-focus model solely built to drag race and it's based on a seriously aged platform spawned from the 2005 Chrysler 300M.

For as the high-level performance the C8 and C8Z (will) offer, they are usable daily drivers that the owner can enjoy both for street use and track use. You say stupid shit like the C8 is a Garage Queen and bought just for looks, and tracking a car is not the mainstream. You know that's just a load of crap.
Lol... amigo you're dilemma is you're not understanding what I have said.

CHEVY..... good marketing!

C8 design..... Fauxrarrri which is why it sells.

Tracking cars...... Not a huge American hobby.

High horsepower...... what sells cars.

C8 pricing...... high demand, delayed inventory. Many used ones available on market.

Demon..... out of your league.

C8..... outdated LS platform that's having its nuts chopped thanks to EPA.

C8..... should've taken notes from Porsche or BMW with a high revving lower displacement TT application.

Demon...... a purpose built limited production daily driver with ability to sit 5 passengers.

C8...... A car designed for budget friendly status acquisition while carrying your Chiweenie in the Frunk while you wear driving gloves for a 35mph trip to breakfast to meet the grandkids.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 11:17 AM   #372
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Lmfao! Dude the Demon motor is literally a race motor
What series are they racing it in?
stein_325i25076.00
      12-27-2021, 11:19 AM   #373
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

C8 pricing...... high demand, delayed inventory. Many used ones available on market.

C8..... should've taken notes from Porsche or BMW with a high revving lower displacement TT application.

Demon...... a purpose built limited production daily driver with ability to sit 5 passengers.

C8...... A car designed for budget friendly status acquisition while carrying your Chiweenie in the Frunk while you wear driving gloves for a 35mph trip to breakfast to meet the grandkids.
Show me on this doll where the C8 touched you.
________4158.50
Al Pină1839.50
      12-27-2021, 11:38 AM   #374
SickGTR
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Show me on this doll where the C8 touched you.
Lol
Appreciate 4
Efthreeoh17208.00
________4158.50