BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

02-24-2024, 08:50 PM   #23
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Please name this shitty ass dealer…
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 2
      02-25-2024, 10:02 AM   #24
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWWS View Post
For anyone curious/iterested/bored, here are some of the emails between my sales person & me. Bear in mind as you read these that this is someone from whom I’ve already bought 2 cars…
Just to follow up here. If you are an established customer of the dealership and the salesman is jerking you around, it is appropriate to call the sales manager and say "look, I've already bought 2 cars from here and I have a track record as a good customer. I would like to buy a third from you but the idea of a nonrefundable deposit is, frankly, insulting. This was not required of me before and shouldn't be required now. If this is the salesman's idea, then I would like to deal with you (or another salesperson) directly."

I have done this and I can tell you that some sales people are sometimes just not that sharp. I have found that sales managers are way more empowered.
Appreciate 1
DWWS1.00
      03-05-2024, 01:16 PM   #25
DWWS
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW 740i-x

Good afternoon everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank all of you, for all of your gracious advice and counsel! I really and truly appreciate it! I am currently waiting to hear back from auto companion and another dealership in Pennsylvania. Hopefully I’ll hear back soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 09:30 AM   #26
DWWS
Rep

Just a quick update that might be positive for my original dealer. The salesperson with whom I originally exchanged emails continues to email me (4 yesterday alone!) so I sent him another response yesterday afternoon detailing exactly how our exchange went and how I was both unhappy and insulted by his various responses, and I asked him to take me off his mailing list. I also sent a copy of the email to the general manager with whom I’ve been passing friendly over the years. She called me and left a message saying she had no idea where this information came from or why the sales person responded the way he did and she asked me to call her though. She said she would understand if I did not. So,maybe I’ll be able to use my local BMW dealer after all. The only if she guarantees me that this clown does not get the commission. I will not work with him. any suggestions for my phone call with the general manager would be greatly appreciated as always; you guys have been absolutely wonderful, and I am tremendously thankful!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2024, 10:34 AM   #27
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

Quote:
[The GM] called me and left a message saying she had no idea where this information came from or why the sales person responded the way he did...
Good for you on that email and getting the general manager involved. THAT sales person is certainly going to be getting a good talkin'-to..... uh, at LEAST (ifyouknowwhatimeanandithinkyoudo).
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 02:46 PM   #28
bnzvett1
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Quote:
Just a quick update that might be positive for my original dealer. The salesperson with whom I originally exchanged emails continues to email me (4 yesterday alone!) so I sent him another response yesterday afternoon detailing exactly how our exchange went and how I was both unhappy and insulted by his various responses, and I asked him to take me off his mailing list. I also sent a copy of the email to the general manager with whom I’ve been passing friendly over the years. She called me and left a message saying she had no idea where this information came from or why the sales person responded the way he did and she asked me to call her though. She said she would understand if I did not. So,maybe I’ll be able to use my local BMW dealer after all. The only if she guarantees me that this clown does not get the commission. I will not work with him. any suggestions for my phone call with the general manager would be greatly appreciated as always; you guys have been absolutely wonderful, and I am tremendously thankful!
Make sure you ask for an "Out the Door Price", sometimes you may think you are getting the price you want for the car, then you find out that they have added thousands of dollars in fees and other charges. I was looking at the EQS at first and the dealership was adding and charging the customers for paint protection on every car. This wasn't mentioned until I asked for the out the door price.

Then after making the deal, I get a signed buyers order before I place my order.

By the way, I received 8% off MSRP for my i7 x60 at a northern VA dealership. I had to provide a 1,000 deposit before placing the order. The dealer also charges $122 in title fees, $239 dealer tax, and $849 processing. This all seems a little high, but I was ok with it given my 8% off.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 04:02 PM   #29
DWWS
Rep

I have been dealing with the general manager and I was able to secure an 8% discount off of MSRP! The only issue I have now is that I’m being asked for a $3,000 deposit (down from $5,000) ostensibly because my build is an uncommon color (red) and will be harder to sell if I back out of the deal. At this point it’s really just a matter of principal given that I’ve already purchased two cars from these people. Anybody have any thoughts? Should I just pay the $3000 deposit?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 04:28 PM   #30
skrontz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 760iX, 2025 X7 M60i

Quote:
I have been dealing with the general manager and I was able to secure an 8% discount off of MSRP! The only issue I have now is that I’m being asked for a $3,000 deposit (down from $5,000) ostensibly because my build is an uncommon color (red) and will be harder to sell if I back out of the deal. At this point it’s really just a matter of principal given that I’ve already purchased two cars from these people. Anybody have any thoughts? Should I just pay the $3000 deposit?
If you are serious about buying the car, what is your concern with the deposit? Is it refundable?

If you walk away, do you have a plan B?

Ultimately, only you can answer these questions.
Appreciate 1
LVBMW1328.00
      03-18-2024, 07:28 PM   #31
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
I can see where red could raise a resale issue for a 7 so if you want the car yeah pay the discount. I see it in that context as not a matter of principle. But do it with grace. Say you’re happy to work with the dealer to get the car you really want. Build your relationship with the manager for the next time. That’s what I would do anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 11:01 AM   #32
DWWS
Rep

I agree completely. The issue for me is really just that I’ve already purchased 2 cars from this dealer in the last 5 years so any deposit over, say, $1,000 (and it’s non-refundable!) seems a little insulting. Especially guven the utter nonsense my original salesperson engaged in. But I’m going to pay it simply because I am not going to cancel the order so it’s no financial disadvantage for me. I was originally attracted to the red, because I have come to find that there are very few large sedans that come in red! And since they redesigned the seven series, I can actually fit in it comfortably! So I’m willing to pay the deposit I just feel a little insulted. So I’m just gonna stop being a baby, lol.
Appreciate 0