BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

03-09-2024, 08:47 AM   #1
TJM2
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Easy Entry function stopped working

Has any one had issues with the easy entry function?

Recently the seat stopped moving on turning off the car. The steering wheel still moves out of the way but the seat does not slide back and then forward upon starting.

I have tried resetting i drive, turning the function off and on and it still does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 08:00 AM   #2
Ice4life
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 740xi

Try moving the seat all the way back and then all the way forward then set it to where you want and set memory again. This usually resets the easy exit.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 10:14 AM   #3
jack760
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760I

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJM2 View Post
Has any one had issues with the easy entry function?

Recently the seat stopped moving on turning off the car. The steering wheel still moves out of the way but the seat does not slide back and then forward upon starting.

I have tried resetting i drive, turning the function off and on and it still does not seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
The same issue started happening to me as well starting this past weekend.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 09:44 PM   #4
TJM2
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice4life View Post
Try moving the seat all the way back and then all the way forward then set it to where you want and set memory again. This usually resets the easy exit.
It didn’t work right away, but I moved the seat all the way back and forward and reset the seat. A little later it started working normal again.

Thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 11:17 AM   #5
A-Train
Rep
Drives: i7

I believe the function of steering wheel moving up and seat sliding back is called Comfort Access. Mine stopped working a few days ago. And then it started working correctly again. No reset or anything else by me. Can't explain it. Perhaps unrelated, I also turned off the seat comfort auto-adjustment option (a distinct option from comfort access).
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 07:42 PM   #6
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
I believe the function of steering wheel moving up and seat sliding back is called Comfort Access. Mine stopped working a few days ago. And then it started working correctly again. No reset or anything else by me. Can't explain it. Perhaps unrelated, I also turned off the seat comfort auto-adjustment option (a distinct option from comfort access).
I thought comfort access was not needing to use the key to get the doors to unlock.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 07:34 AM   #7
A-Train
Rep
Drives: i7

You are correct! Please pardon. From a BMW site: "When you have Comfort Access activated, the unlocked doors will open when you merely touch the door handle: you don't even need to pull it. The system can also remember your preferred seating position and various other comfort features and adjust them accordingly as you approach."
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 01:12 PM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
I believe the function of steering wheel moving up and seat sliding back is called Comfort Access.
Steering wheel & driver seat movement upon entrance/eixt is called “Easy Entrance” (and/or “Easy Exit”).

Example from Bimmercode website below:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 03-16-2024 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0