BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

03-14-2024, 03:04 PM   #1
A-Train
Rep
Drives: i7

Iconic Sounds: how often do you keep on and which do you prefer?

How often do you have your Iconic Sounds toggled on? Which Sound do you prefer (realizing that if you like the sportiest car settings, you are stuck with the Sport sound, etc.)?

The Sounds were a very cool novelty the first few days but now I keep them off most of the time. To my ears, the Sounds compete too much with whatever I am listening to on the stereo, whether a podcast or music. The Sport Sound is the most amazing / novel but day-to-day, I prefer Relax. It'd be excellent if all the Iconic Sounds' volume level could be adjusted; if so, I'd turn their volume down by half and perhaps keep them on more often.

Your use / thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 10:11 PM   #2
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

I keep them off 98% of the time. Once in a great while I might turn one just for fun but as you noted, they compete with other sounds. I recall the Sport sound was exciting but honestly, I haven't even thoroughly auditioned all the sounds yet even after owning my i7 for almost four months now.

On the same note, I hate to admit it, but there are several highly-touted G70 features that are more hype than substance, or feathers instead of chicken as the case may be. The pano sky "lounge" immediately comes to mind -- something I shouldn't have opted and paid the extra $995 for (its standard only on the 760, xDrive60 and M70 but not the other four G70s under $120K base MSRP).
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 01:54 AM   #3
Laguna Beach
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: i7 M60 Sport Pro

I think the sky lounge is pretty cool for 1st time passengers. As are the iconic sounds. Only time I put them shortly on for effect. The sky lounge to me is one step closer to the starlight ceiling in the Rolls. I don’t see it much though or look up and it’s kind of covered by the tv but still special.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 02:18 AM   #4
Berliner
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW i7x60 24 Av.Red/Oxide Grey

I don't have the TV screen and for me the Sky Lounge is the best extra ;D

I actually like the iconic sounds, but they don't work when listening to music at all, so they're off most of the time.

But there are times when I can really appreciate the silence of driving an EV and then I do like the addition of the "expressive" sound, which is also the ambient lighting/mode I always use when not in Sport mode.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 02:25 AM   #5
rollingtaser
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

99% is in efficient mode - when i need power i hit the boost

they are exciting at first but for me they are too EV. i'd prefer some space sounds like in sci-fi movies - or the possibility to upload my own sounds!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 05:29 AM   #6
Berliner
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW i7x60 24 Av.Red/Oxide Grey

An "App" store for sounds would be great ;D
Like the "Jamba Sparabos" from decades ago for polyphonic ringtones ;D
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 02:18 PM   #7
ledphut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina CB7  [3.50]
I wish BMW would’ve used an advanced version of the electrochromic glass found in the iX in the new 7-Series.

It would’ve been nice to have several levels of opacity instead of just on/off as it is in the current iX.
Appreciate 0