BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

03-11-2024, 06:10 AM   #1
surfreport
Rep
Drives: 328xit wagon

Tire Size question

Sold my M760, and got the new i7. I still have my winter tires/rims from the M760 and want to know if I can use them in winter with the i7, or should I just buy a new set.

M760 tires Winter - Front: P245/40R20, rear: P275/35R20 99 V M+S
i7 tires Summer --- Front: 255/40ZR21, rear: 285/35ZR21 105Y XL

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 01:34 PM   #2
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfreport View Post
Sold my M760, and got the new i7. I still have my winter tires/rims from the M760 and want to know if I can use them in winter with the i7, or should I just buy a new set.

M760 tires Winter - Front: P245/40R20, rear: P275/35R20 99 V M+S
i7 tires Summer --- Front: 255/40ZR21, rear: 285/35ZR21 105Y XL

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you go to TireRack, the 20" sizes you list are listed not listed as the default but are listed as alternates sizes for an i7. I am assuming the wheels will fit, so you should be okay. But I'd check with your dealer too.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 04:37 PM   #3
Berliner
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW i7x60 24 Av.Red/Oxide Grey

I am very sure the wheels will fit.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 05:53 PM   #4
ledphut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina CB7  [3.50]
They will totally fit. The only concern would be with undersized wheels (19” >) as they may not clear the brake caliper. But since they were on the V12 with the big MSport brakes, you should be just fine.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2024, 08:41 PM   #5
Laguna Beach
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i7 M60 Sport Pro

Wow, from a 12 banger to an EV. Talk about diving into the deep end. How do you like it compared to the monster? Curious what made you switch.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 01:51 AM   #6
Berliner
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW i7x60 24 Av.Red/Oxide Grey

I am not the OP but I did the same coming from an M760Li 2021.
The i7 for me is the "easiest" step into EV and the only EV I was ever interested in.

Here in Europe we don't have the 760i G70 and the most powerful option would be the 760e, but I am not a big fan of hybrids, plus in this generation I can't stand the M package and the luxury line is only available in the i7x60, that is why the i7M70 for me wasn't an option as well.

Sometimes I miss the performance, especially when driving on the Autobahn, but for normal driving the i7 is perfect and "okayish" quick.

Additionally the leasing rates in Germany are ridiculously low for the i7, plus we get tax advantages. So the i7 is lower in monthly rates and I can charge at home using solar energy.

Driving performance for me is way superior in the i7 and the "emotions" carried by the wonderful V12 are "equalised" by the calm and silence inside the i7s cabin.

I sometimes even turn off the music and enjoy the silence or iconic sounds, something which I have never done before in a car.

Plus I feel so much more comfortable in the G70 compared to the G11/G12.

For me the i7 is the best car I've have owned and no car is getting close to it, regardless of the engine

If I had infinite money I would only consider a RR, but would probably end up getting the i7 again
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 01:39 PM   #7
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Look in your owners manual for the tire pressure chart. In the past, BMW would list all the recommended tire sizes for your model. Most times the recommended winter/snow tires are a smaller diameter and width…but the overall circumference/diameter is equal for all the recommended tire sizes. The sidewall grows taller the smaller the diameter…which is how the smaller tire has the same circumference as the larger tire.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 08:14 PM   #8
surfreport
Rep
Drives: 328xit wagon

Thank you evryone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Beach View Post
Wow, from a 12 banger to an EV. Talk about diving into the deep end. How do you like it compared to the monster? Curious what made you switch.
Thank you Everyone for your quick responses.

As far as the V12, to EV, it was the hardest decision I ever made I absolutely lover everything about the M760. That being said the i7 is the most amazing car I have ever driven, the creature comforts are second to none.

The one constant problem I had with the M760 was that I was always getting random issues with engine lights, small fix here, large fix there, Chassis Stabilization error, hoses leaking out of nowhere, steering wheel system battery went dead (Yes there is a separate battery), all covered under warranty, all parts had to come from Germany, so I had a loner for weeks at a time, it became a little annoying. I had a feeling the dealer did not know how to fix the problems correctly, because as soon as one problem was repaired, another showed up a couple hounded miles later. The worst was when I went on a trip to Las Vegas from Denver, about 850 miles each way, the car came up with a check engine light on the way back and I still had about 400 miles or so to go, I kinda panicked because I was in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, but it made it home okay.

Before I got the i7, I was about to get the EQS AMG only because I love the on screen Augmented reality navigation directly on Head-up Display. Ultimately too many negatives like, no soft close doors offered in the US, no option for Burmester 4D sound system, the suspension was too tight with poor comfort option, the seats were unbearable, even with the upgraded comfort seats, also felt like I was in a sorta box in the drivers side, over all a great car, but for a top tear luxury car, it simply did not compare with the i7.

Now as far as speed I will eventually get the i7 M70 for the extra boost just for fun, but let me tell you that the M60 is extremely quick, I mean it feels like a rocket just like the M760, yes the M760 will eventually take the i7 with no problem, but unfortunately I do not have access to the Autobahn, and those kind of speeds where it would mater, or make any difference who is fastest, here in the US can get you in jail, and I do not go to tracks.

The only let down, and I hope they fix this, is the subwoofer rattle in the trunk with the Bowers & Wilkins diamond sound system, that gives out a cheap Honda/Toyota aftermarket boombox vibe (Many owners have complained about this). Also the lack of extra clear loudness at max level, that is far lower max top level then the M760, an overall downgrade to the Bowers & Wilkins in the M760. Yes the immersive 4D is great, but personally I love to put the system at max level like I am at a concert with crystal clear sound, and you can hear the music from a block away (Yes I know it's childish), and this system is not it!

I hope that is not too much unnecessary info, please let me know if you have any other questions.
Appreciate 0