BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > General 7-series (G11) Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #1
BDWonder
Captain
111
Rep
700
Posts

Drives: 2016 M5
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: California/BK NY

iTrader: (0)

Anyone Driving the 2020 750 yet?

Hey...wanted to reach out and see if anyone is already enjoying the new 2020 750.
How do you like it?
How is the ride over harsh surfaces? I keep on reading that this air suspension set up feels quite unsettling over bumps and potholes at lower speeds. Also people say that this car is not as comfortable suspension wise and not as silent inside as it should/could be. Anyone can verify that?
Are the runflat tires making any sort of negative impact on the smooth driving experience?

In terms of hp increase, does this transform the car vs previous hp stats?

My f10 m5 lease is ending this Dec and im considering a 750 (can't quite pull the m760).

Anyone willing to share their monthly payments and such?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 10:04 PM   #2
Alex00
New Member
2
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: BMW 750i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Northern California

iTrader: (0)

I took delivery of my 750 July 5th. I ordered the luxury instead of the M trim, with almost every option except rear screens or the executive lounge.

I love this car. Itís my fist BMW so I canít compare to previous models. Itís not my daily driver so Iím not even close to the break in so Iím still driving it like a grandma. That said the one time I punched it, it was much quicker than I expected.

I have 20Ē wheels with run flats. I know thatís not the best combo for ride quality, but itís incredibly smooth over most roads. There is a section near my house that is incredibly rough in my other cars. It feels like fresh asphalt in the 750. Iíve found nothing unsettling when driving over bumps or potholes at slow or any speed. I have no complaints about the ride, itís exactly what I expected it to be. There is one patch of freeway that is about a mile long near me that makes run flats howl. This car does it too, and you can hear it, but not very well. It was deafening in my last car. When I pay attention, I canít hear much, if anything outside during normal driving. There is a distinct lack of exterior noise.

As far as on-paper, itís half a second quicker 0-60 than my last car. To me, that was a quick car. I canít wait for the break in so I can punch it. I know itíll really be for straight line fun, but Iím ok with that.

I got it for $7500 less than sticker, with $20k down my payments were $2200 before adding warranty and junk. Overall Iím very happy. I love that at 6í4Ē someone my size can fit comfortably behind me.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 11:29 PM   #3
BDWonder
Captain
111
Rep
700
Posts

Drives: 2016 M5
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: California/BK NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex00 View Post
I took delivery of my 750 July 5th. I ordered the luxury instead of the M trim, with almost every option except rear screens or the executive lounge.

I love this car. Itís my fist BMW so I canít compare to previous models. Itís not my daily driver so Iím not even close to the break in so Iím still driving it like a grandma. That said the one time I punched it, it was much quicker than I expected.

I have 20Ē wheels with run flats. I know thatís not the best combo for ride quality, but itís incredibly smooth over most roads. There is a section near my house that is incredibly rough in my other cars. It feels like fresh asphalt in the 750. Iíve found nothing unsettling when driving over bumps or potholes at slow or any speed. I have no complaints about the ride, itís exactly what I expected it to be. There is one patch of freeway that is about a mile long near me that makes run flats howl. This car does it too, and you can hear it, but not very well. It was deafening in my last car. When I pay attention, I canít hear much, if anything outside during normal driving. There is a distinct lack of exterior noise.

As far as on-paper, itís half a second quicker 0-60 than my last car. To me, that was a quick car. I canít wait for the break in so I can punch it. I know itíll really be for straight line fun, but Iím ok with that.

I got it for $7500 less than sticker, with $20k down my payments were $2200 before adding warranty and junk. Overall Iím very happy. I love that at 6í4Ē someone my size can fit comfortably behind me.
Sounds very good. I got to get a test drive now. Sounds like this car is something I'd want.
Are you financing or leasing this bad boy?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 12:07 AM   #4
Alex00
New Member
2
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: BMW 750i
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Northern California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDWonder View Post
Sounds very good. I got to get a test drive now. Sounds like this car is something I'd want.
Are you financing or leasing this bad boy?
I financed. I keep saying I should lease cars but I always think Iíll keep them longer than I do.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2019, 05:35 AM   #5
cracker123
Lieutenant
36
Rep
492
Posts

Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

If you switch out of the run flats there will be significant improvement in Noise and also the ride quality. I switched out my 21" run flats to Sport 4S and feels like a different car.
Appreciate 1
tpn3860.00

      07-24-2019, 08:22 AM   #6
Moopai
Private First Class
Moopai's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2016 750ix M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

I honestly cannot hear any noise from the tires on this 7. On my E60, I did the same thing, replaced the run flats as soon as I took delivery with MS4S but the GoodYear that the dealer installed on the 7 are super quiet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker123 View Post
If you switch out of the run flats there will be significant improvement in Noise and also the ride quality. I switched out my 21" run flats to Sport 4S and feels like a different car.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 10:11 AM   #7
tpn386
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 750i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracker123 View Post
If you switch out of the run flats there will be significant improvement in Noise and also the ride quality. I switched out my 21" run flats to Sport 4S and feels like a different car.

what do you do for a spare? thx
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 09:22 PM   #8
fazooley
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: f01 2012
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: nyc

iTrader: (0)

Just took delivery last Friday. Really responsive V8, gorgeous interior. A little miffed it dont have Laser Lights but the adaptive Leds are awesome

Frankie
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 12:04 AM   #9
BDWonder
Captain
111
Rep
700
Posts

Drives: 2016 M5
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: California/BK NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazooley View Post
Just took delivery last Friday. Really responsive V8, gorgeous interior. A little miffed it dont have Laser Lights but the adaptive Leds are awesome

Frankie
Awesome. Congrats.
Tell me about the ride and suspension...especially over our New York roads. Any wheel noise inside?
How's that v8 and the power? How does the power compare to your previous vehicle?
And of course...post pics!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 04:59 AM   #10
cracker123
Lieutenant
36
Rep
492
Posts

Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDWonder View Post
Awesome. Congrats.
Tell me about the ride and suspension...especially over our New York roads. Any wheel noise inside?
How's that v8 and the power? How does the power compare to your previous vehicle?
And of course...post pics!
For the best ride quality and noise switch out the run flats. It will feel like a different car.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #11
mpop302
Private
58
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: Bmw 7
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex00 View Post
I got it for $7500 less than sticker, with $20k down my payments were $2200 before adding warranty and junk.
Jesus, what a price difference. I got a new Ď19 worth 92k a few months ago. 0 due at signing 0 down payment and $680 a month lol

Enjoy the car, that new 50 must be amazing
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 05:48 AM   #12
Moopai
Private First Class
Moopai's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2016 750ix M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

WOW! How did you managed to get this price? My 2016 pre-owned monthly payment is more than what you are paying for the new 2019... Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpop302 View Post
Jesus, what a price difference. I got a new Ď19 worth 92k a few months ago. 0 due at signing 0 down payment and $680 a month lol

Enjoy the car, that new 50 must be amazing
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #13
zirotti
Private
18
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: '14 F10 M5
Join Date: May 2014
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
WOW! How did you managed to get this price? My 2016 pre-owned monthly payment is more than what you are paying for the new 2019... Congrats!
Maybe he is missing the 1 before the 680? I've done the maths and no idea how he has a $680 payment on a $92K car.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 11:06 AM   #14
Moopai
Private First Class
Moopai's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2016 750ix M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

I think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirotti View Post
Maybe he is missing the 1 before the 680? I've done the maths and no idea how he has a $680 payment on a $92K car.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 04:41 PM   #15
AlteBMW
First Lieutenant
United_States
105
Rep
329
Posts

Drives: 2017 750ix; 2019 X3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
I think so
The only way to have a payment like that is to put up a significant amount of money up front and/or have a very high priced trade in.
__________________
BMWCCA Member
Current: 2017 750ix (Azurite, Cognac)
2019 X3); 2014 MB E Wagon
Prior: 3,5,7, and 8 series (twice!) BMW; Mercedes C,E, and S; Alfa Romeo GTV, MGB, Audi, Saab, Volvo, Toyota and many others.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2019, 11:24 PM   #16
mjr24
First Lieutenant
93
Rep
366
Posts

Drives: M6 GC
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wisconsin/Illinois

iTrader: (0)

I think that price was do-able.....it was an outgoing model style-wise. Yes, I know the 2020 is just a LCI but it makes the 2016-2019 look really really dated. Dealers were likely trying to get rid of old ones ASAP.

Also $92k is basically a base base model 7 series.....
__________________
2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC (sold), 2013 CLS550 (sold), 2011 750LI (sold), 2008 M6 Cabrio (sold), 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 (sold), 2003 Mercedes SL500 (sold), 2000 Mercedes CL500 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 04:43 AM   #17
cracker123
Lieutenant
36
Rep
492
Posts

Drives: AstonMartin Virage, M6 GC
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpn386 View Post
what do you do for a spare? thx
I have the spare tire package option.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #18
mpop302
Private
58
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: Bmw 7
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
I think that price was do-able.....it was an outgoing model style-wise. Yes, I know the 2020 is just a LCI but it makes the 2016-2019 look really really dated. Dealers were likely trying to get rid of old ones ASAP.

Also $92k is basically a base base model 7 series.....
Definitely no ď1Ē head of that. But it is the lease cost, not purchase :P

Msport, pano lights, ivory leather, shadowline, wheel upgrade and a few other things. Iím happy with the package

Being an outgoing Ď19 acquired in April, they knocked the discounted price to a value in the 60s after some negotiation. I stacked loyalty $2k, Bmw cca $1.5k, recent grad $1k (medical residency) and bmw OL code $1k. The amount spent on the lease will probably be less than the depreciation and Iíd be loonie to keep this car over 3 years, itís a liability. The interesting thing is that had i waited one day, the money factor dropped and i could have cut the payment by another $15. With a refundable security deposit placed, that would have dropped it maybe another $40. Ill take those losses but I walked out the dealer without paying a penny and a big smile on my face

ps i apologize for
feel free to message me if you need tips on deals. i use edmunds to learn about money factors and residuals in your areas and leasehackr to find out about any promos/OL events
Attached Images
  

Last edited by mpop302; 08-14-2019 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #19
zirotti
Private
18
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: '14 F10 M5
Join Date: May 2014
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpop302 View Post
Definitely no ď1Ē head of that. But it is the lease cost, not purchase :P

Msport, pano lights, ivory leather, shadowline, wheel upgrade and a few other things. Iím happy with the package

Being an outgoing Ď19 acquired in April, they knocked the discounted price to a value in the 60s after some negotiation. I stacked loyalty $2k, Bmw cca $1.5k, recent grad $1k (medical residency) and bmw OL code $1k. The amount spent on the lease will probably be less than the depreciation and Iíd be loonie to keep this car over 3 years, itís a liability. The interesting thing is that had i waited one day, the money factor dropped and i could have cut the payment by another $15. With a refundable security deposit placed, that would have dropped it maybe another $40. Ill take those losses but I walked out the dealer without paying a penny and a big smile on my face

ps i apologize for
feel free to message me if you need tips on deals. i use edmunds to learn about money factors and residuals in your areas and leasehackr to find out about any promos/OL events
You win sir.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #20
Kmish
Enlisted Member
21
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: 2019 M760i Azurite Black
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
I think so
Well, I have an $1800 + tax payment on a $175k MSRP 2019 760 with 0 down. It was discounted $30k to $145k. So, no way he is paying what you want to think he is paying.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 AM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST