BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

05-14-2015, 06:45 AM   #23
fortressmaximus
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM M4

The following website posted a newer picture of the new 7 series in a different color. http://m.gtspirit.com/2015/05/11/lea...eries-emerges/

It looks much better than the older pictures of the blue car.

Edit: I see that this image has already posted on bimmerpost previously.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 07:04 AM   #24
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS View Post
It may sound amazing, but it looks horrible IMO. It may even be outsold by the Audi A8. Mercedes is laughing so hard now. With their dominance in Formula 1 it won't surprise me some M customers start migrating to AMG soon. What a disgrace BMW!
The W222 S and W205 C looked like beached whales and I really liked the W221. Plus the weird pep boys headlight LED strips are so tacky as are the weird dotty tails. I really don't get what people see in that car. IMHO, this is another forgettable S like the W220
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 07:15 AM   #25
ChrisMT79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3- Alpine White

I personally am excited see the Alpina rendition.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 07:20 AM   #26
TheHitchhiker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
I'm curious how many of these reviews on here that are all positive are paid for. Seeing spy shots, the car had gotten nothing but negative reactions. It's interesting that this review is very similar to that of the Miami review
Probably none. Because I was one of attendants in Houston and I have no financial relationship with BMW aside from owing them money . I agree with all the comments of the OP. The car's exterior is not the best in class just above average, but the technologies and interior is pretty spectacular. I also liked the M-Sport a lot more than the other line (I guess luxury?).

Past: 2016 F10 550i M-Sport ~ 2015 F83 M4 Convertible ~ 2013 F30 335i M-Sport ~ 2006 E85 Z4 30i
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #27
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanuuh
I saw the car today. BMWs West Coast distribution center is right next to my store. I see all the new cars coming out
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 09:36 AM   #28
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyr4 View Post
Also, the M-Sport definitely looked better than the base model, as there is a much more aggressive front spoiler now vs the current 7-Series. Unfortunately the side profile + rear aren't much different on the M-Sport but the wheels were nicer (5-star look but bent 5-star spokes).
The M Sport had a shadowline trim around the windows and on the hockey stick trim instead of chrome, right?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #29
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmPower View Post
The W222 S and W205 C looked like beached whales and I really liked the W221. Plus the weird pep boys headlight LED strips are so tacky as are the weird dotty tails. I really don't get what people see in that car. IMHO, this is another forgettable S like the W220
exactly my thoughts, I don't like the s series that much, or the 7 series for that matter. heck, the last sedan I really liked was the previous quattroporte and the phantom, not to mention the panamera sport truismo concept which I still don't understand why didn't go into production.
      05-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #30
nemex12
Captain
Rep
Drives: e60,z4

Quote:
I'm curious how many of these reviews on here that are all positive are paid for. Seeing spy shots, the car had gotten nothing but negative reactions. It's interesting that this review is very similar to that of the Miami review
I wouldn't trust their judgement, those candied bacon churros sound pretty convincing to me…
      05-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #31
Augers453
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 7 series

Roof

Is this roof your referring to similar to that which is on the Mercedes S Class? Smart glass? If so, did they mention that this is standard on all 7 series or an option?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 11:28 AM   #32
CesaroM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: a6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortressmaximus View Post
The following website posted a newer picture of the new 7 series in a different color. http://m.gtspirit.com/2015/05/11/lea...eries-emerges/
The 2016 BMW 7-Series will also get the new B58 turbocharged straight-six engine. Expect an eight-cylinder petrol engine as well as six and eight cylinder diesel units - See more at: http://m.gtspirit.com/2015/05/11/lea....Uoy7ZlCj.dpuf

V8 diesel? Seriously ? I was not expecting that although I highly Doubt these claims. BMW dropped their 3.9 diesel way back with the E66..Still it would be cool to have a V8 diesel.
Speaking of E66 I really like this car to this day...it's still way ahead of its time design wise.
also there was no confusion which car was the 7er and the 5er ( who still look modern and fresh to this day)
Attached Images

Last edited by CesaroM; 05-14-2015 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #33
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

pseudo luxury hyundai?

the new genesis sedan looks awesome and the equus has the same bells and whistles of a "luxury" sedan.

Oh and a Korean tablet in the back. lol.

sigh.
      05-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #34
FilipMPower
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Anything with a locking diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal TW View Post
pseudo luxury hyundai?

the new genesis sedan looks awesome and the equus has the same bells and whistles of a "luxury" sedan.

sigh.
I think it's safe to say that hyundai has close to no experience in this segment, thus lack the proper designers/engineers for a luxury sedan which can compete with the germans.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #35
GENGHISKHAN
Registered
Rep
Drives: Lexus ls460

This might be my new car come 2017!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #36
Warranty P
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Quote:
pseudo luxury hyundai?

sigh.
Agreed. Nothing beats a Genesis for the price you can get them at. I never thought I'll say these words regarding Hyundai.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #37
Warranty P
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///S65 View Post
How on earth did you get disappointment from very positive impressions? Especially only a few people have seen it in person and they say it has exceeded their expectations.
I saw leaked photos. Also OP said the exterior was 3-series like...that to me is disappointing. Hand gestures? Please You'll look like a lunatic waving your hands around at I-drive and we really don't need any more distractions while driving.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:42 PM   #38
YungDro
Major
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3JETS View Post
It may sound amazing, but it looks horrible IMO. It may even be outsold by the Audi A8. Mercedes is laughing so hard now. With their dominance in Formula 1 it won't surprise me some M customers start migrating to AMG soon. What a disgrace BMW!
audi a8 outsold? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice joke. have you seen the car? has it been shown? No. what a stupid pathetic comment.. Most ///M and ///AMG owners I know switch between merc and bmws constantly. I own a bm and a merc myself. yeah merc is doing great in F1 but whats that got to do with anything? the current M4 is even faster than the new c63.. its funny how the people who can't afford the new 7 or havent even seen it are just saying negative sh*t because of some crappy SE model spyshots with shipping blocks. and the ones who have seen the car every single one has said it has exceed their expectations all positive reviews. Just wait untill you see the car in person yourself then decide if you like it or not.

Last edited by YungDro; 05-14-2015 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #39
YungDro
Major
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augers453 View Post
Is this roof your referring to similar to that which is on the Mercedes S Class? Smart glass? If so, did they mention that this is standard on all 7 series or an option?
sky lounge probably not standard
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 01:55 PM   #40
r3dbimmer89
Major
Rep
Drives: P-Car

Quote:
I wish BMW would have paid me I was more than likely selected based on all the money I have been given them over the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augers453 View Post
I believe the S Class' Magic Sky roof can turn opaque and I cannot remember if the 7er does that as well. I do remember them saying that it does fully extend all the way behind rear passengers and it is standard for the US market. One of the coolest thing about the 7er roof is that it has mood lighting so you get a similar feeling to the starlight roof in the RR Wraith but in other colors that matches the rest of the mood lighting throughout the cabin.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 03:49 PM   #41
henryyxyu
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: YXZ

Good to see so many bimmerpost members attending this event . I went to the one in Beverly Hills yesterday as well at noon and thought the car definitely looked better in person than in pictures. Although I thought the M-Sport package looked slightly unfitting for such a luxurious car (still looked nice though, but just personal preference). Can't wait to test drive it when the car comes out later this year. Overall, the event was nicely done! Awesome house and great hors-d'oeuvres
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #42
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMPower View Post
I think it's safe to say that hyundai has close to no experience in this segment, thus lack the proper designers/engineers for a luxury sedan which can compete with the germans.
Hyundai has been building luxury cars for their domestic market since the 80s. Their cars had refrigerators and massage rear seats since the early 90s.

You can always bring in employees from other companies. I think that's what most companies do in order to progress.

Hyundai is a conglomerate with businesses in multiple industries - they don't only just make cars - they are in construction, chemicals, military, machinery, and virtually every other industry out there.

Last edited by M3 Number 86; 05-14-2015 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #43
Tisaksen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3cs

Quote:
To be honest, I've always been a bigger fan of the S class over the 7 series. Mercedes knows how to nail the big luxury barge segment of the market, where as BMW has tried to hit so many different targets with the 7 which has ultimately led to it being a confused creature.

They are paid for in the sense that BMW wowed their clientele with an incredible unveiling, as well as a car to suit.

After seeing the 2016 7 I will say that BMW hit the nail on the head with this car. The front and rear ends did not blow me away, but neither did the f01 chassis when it first came out. I think this car will take a few sightings for people to get used to the looks, as did the two previous generation 7's.

Technology wise the 7 is way ahead, and with their new carbon core chassis, and a rumored increase in power (according to the 6/7 product manager i spoke with at the event) i think this car will blow all its competition out of the water in the performance category too. the M-sport 7 was a definite looker that night.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 05:52 PM   #44
Tisaksen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3cs

Quote:
You can always bring in employees from other companies. I think that's what you do when you want to enter the segment.

Hyundai is a conglomerate with businesses in multiple industries - they don't only just make cars - they make high rises, soap, and everything in between.
They can do all they want but at the end of the day, the people that want a german luxury sedan will buy one because they can.
Appreciate 0