BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

06-19-2021, 08:46 AM   #1
Keystone
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Activve Hybrid 3

B7 acceleration problem

I'm running a 2015 B7 and when you floor it on the highway during acceleration the car loses power for a second then starts hard acceleration again. It will continue to do this through the pull and will sometimes go into limp mode. I had a cracked charge pipe on my 335 that caused limp mode but I can't seem to find that being a big problem on the N63. Any ideas before I let the dealership rape me?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 04:05 PM   #2
JMAN1111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i

Have you changed all ignition coils and Sparkplugs?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 10:23 AM   #3
KJEEP
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 750i X Drive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
I'm running a 2015 B7 and when you floor it on the highway during acceleration the car loses power for a second then starts hard acceleration again. It will continue to do this through the pull and will sometimes go into limp mode. I had a cracked charge pipe on my 335 that caused limp mode but I can't seem to find that being a big problem on the N63. Any ideas before I let the dealership rape me?

Thanks
Have you scanned for any codes?

If you don't want your dealer to "rape" you, it is good to know what you are dealing with before going in.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #4
Keystone
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Activve Hybrid 3

Just did a scan and it's a misfire on cylinder 3. I have ordered a coil pack to see if this fixes the problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 04:17 PM   #5
hunterp27
Rep
Drives: 2011 Alpina B7 LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
Just did a scan and it's a misfire on cylinder 3. I have ordered a coil pack to see if this fixes the problem.
Keystone, where in Texas are you? I'm in McKinney and have found a couple good Indy's to work on my B7 after it was no longer in Warranty. I used to take it to Classic in Plano and my service Adv. was Pat Arnold. He is now at Autoscope in Plano and they have some really good mechanics there and are less expensive.
Appreciate 0