BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

01-01-2015, 12:25 PM   #199
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

So what's the paint code for this?

Hope they pulled the CoG down. The current 5/7 are very floaty along curves. Made me trade it on M.

I want to see the m-sport in spacegrau.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 12:56 PM   #200
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

WTF is this, BMW?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #201
jdfish06
Johnny F
Rep
Drives: '11 F10 535i

Try Again

Is this a joke Whoever was heading the design team needs to be removed from his/her position because this is embarrassing. WTF were you thinking putting chrome lines on it? Chrome isn't popular anymore in case you forgot, black is. BMW is all about innovation, so why don't you focus on making a product that appeals to the consumer. It's almost as if your design team was in collaboration with that of Mercedes, where the new/next generation looks much less aggressive than its successor. I sincerely hope that this is NOT going to be the car that will be marketed in the coming months. And if it is, then you better start heading in the other direction than the path you've embarked upon. If this is the future of BMW, then I may jump ship and find a brand who is more in tune to what the consumer wants.

Last edited by jdfish06; 01-01-2015 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #202
st3v
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage20 View Post

Can we get over the chrome line between the taillights already? If I wanted a Honda Accord, I'd get the Honda...

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 01:53 PM   #203
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

I don't dislike it, I don't much like it, too difficult to tell from these pictures.

I certainly don't get all this applause for the S-Class though?

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #204
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ddd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeaster1 View Post
I can see where the E65 thought came in. Itll be better when we have more colors and an M Sport like said before.
its a little sad that we need m sport just to look better. S class regardless of std / amg looks great. maybe the whole design is a problem?
No. Bmw managment is
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #205
ChuckD05
NeedsMoarBoost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i / 06 e90 325xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
and a hyundai sonata

Hyundai notoriously copies other manufacturers designs. BMW isnt copying them.
      01-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #206
X3paul
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfish06
Is this a joke Whoever was heading the design team needs to be removed from his/her position because this is embarrassing. WTF were you thinking putting chrome lines on it? Chrome isn't popular anymore in case you forgot, black is. BMW is all about innovation, so why don't you focus on making a product that appeals to the consumer. It's almost as if your design team was in collaboration with that of Mercedes, where the new/next generation looks much less aggressive than its successor. I sincerely hope that this is NOT going to be the car that will be marketed in the coming months. And if it is, then you better start heading in the other direction than the path you've embarked upon. If this is the future of BMW, then I may jump ship and find a brand who is more in tune to what the consumer wants.
I dont think the prob is the design team. Just look at the concepts they create. Simply there isnt anyone - like bangle did - that has the balls to put something exciting out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #207
Antares
First Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: dark-blue coupe

You have to give credit to the looks
it looks timeless; as a Honda
(of course, Honda had to pull their sedans from the European market, since nobody was buying them, still this leaves the Americans )
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #208
PatrikG
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfish06 View Post
It's probably because any of the lines, pretty sure M-sport will be all black with chrome as an option if you like it that way.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 02:59 PM   #209
Mahzari
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hey at least there's no horizontal line separating the hood from the kidney grills?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 02:59 PM   #210
BananaCar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peschiera View Post
According to Wikipedia, the release date of 'Mission Impossible 5' will be December 2015.
G11 will be already presented at IAA in Frankfurt in September 2015.

'Mission Impossible 5' is being filmed right now. I.e. they need the new 7er for filming, but of course it does not make sense to show the interior to the film crew long before the official presentation in September 2015.

So doesn't this make sense?
Maybe to you. We do not know if this is the car in the new movie. Regardless there is a thing called NDA. What you are proposing is BMW gave a polish interior which is not the production design. A bunch of wasted effort to have another interior design, fabricated and produce based on your theory. I am sure many will agree that is the most idiotic thing idea ever. There are timelines, phases of the development life cycle of a car. Adding this based on your theory is wasted time, resource and money. New car design specs and technical specification drawings have long been finished before even the tooling, molds have been created even before manufacturing.

Care to eat you words when the official pics are released? Just like SCOTT26 spewing hot air with a bunch of circular marketing BS. It is naive for you to think these pics are linked with the new MI5 movie and was specially designed interior just for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #211
JSP///M4C
Speedster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4C Sakhir Orange

Garage List
2018 BMW M4 Comp  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [6.00]
Horrible design. Who do they have designing at BMW now? Juniors?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 03:02 PM   #212
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by st3v View Post

Can we get over the chrome line between the taillights already? If I wanted a Honda Accord, I'd get the Honda...

The chrome band between the taillights was used since the E65 7-Series back in 2001, so...
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 03:04 PM   #213
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD05 View Post
Hyundai notoriously copies other manufacturers designs. BMW isnt copying them.
never said they were copying them but that sonata is out already...
      01-01-2015, 03:04 PM   #214
BossBeamer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaCar View Post
Maybe to you. We do not know if this is the car in the new movie. Regardless there is a thing called NDA. What you are proposing is BMW gave a polish interior which is not the production design. A bunch of wasted effort to have another interior design, fabricated and produce based on your theory. I am sure many will agree that is the most idiotic thing idea ever. There are timelines, phases of the development life cycle of a car. Adding this based on your theory is wasted time, resource and money. New car design specs and technical specification drawings have long been finished before even the tooling, molds have been created even before manufacturing.

How is this wasted time and money? There are many BMWs in that new movie coming out and this isn't wasted money, it's marketing money. So yes they would come up with an interior for the movie. Do you think the 7 series is completely 100% done? I don't. It's probally not even finalized. The only thing finalized on the 7 is drive train and chasis including frame. Exterior probally won't change a whole lot but this has been said before these pictures leaked.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #215
Peschiera
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series

Quote:
Maybe to you. We do not know if this is the car in the new movie. Regardless there is a thing called NDA.
Oh NDA, really? In times of smartphones with cameras and smaller spy cams everywhere BMW should rely on NDA. This is really a great idea from you. I recommend you not to make any real business outside this forum!

Quote:
What you are proposing is BMW gave a polish interior which is not the production design. A bunch of wasted effort to have another interior design, fabricated and produce based on your theory.
I wrote this is not the final interior, but not another interior design.

Quote:
I am sure many will agree that is the most idiotic thing idea ever.
'I am sure many will agree that is the most idiotic thing idea ever' to think the picture would show the final trim. Just a hint for you: look again at the interior picture. Do you really think the area around iDriver Controller looks finished? Do you think the inner side of the door looks finished? Do you really think BMW designers are idiots?

Quote:
There are timelines, phases of the development life cycle of a car. Adding this based on your theory is wasted time, resource and money. New car design specs and technical specification drawings have long been finished before even the tooling, molds have been created even before manufacturing.
Actually you answered your question yourself. There are timelines. And the most inmportant milestone is not to publish final interior 9 months before the official presentation. Therefore BMW will not provide a film crew with a 7er in final trim.

Quote:
Care to eat you words when the official pics are released? Just like SCOTT26 spewing hot air with a bunch of circular marketing BS. It is naive for you to think these pics are linked with the new MI5 movie and was specially designed interior just for it.
Don't talk about Marketing if you don't know anything about it and how marketing in movies works.
I've never realized SCOTT26 spewing 'hot air with a bunch of circular marketing BS'. But alone in this thread I've read lots of BS from ... have a guess!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #216
X3paul
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makdeniss
As always: Scott prepares as for something phenomenal and yet we get some design abuse.
C'mon mate that guy is nothing but a marketing puppet...what did u expect?
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #217
Peschiera
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series

Quote:
Maybe to you. We do not know if this is the car in the new movie.
Actually we know that for a long time. SCOTT26 has reported that in February already:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1030470&page=3

('BMW are once again providing logistics and product placement to the new Mission Impossible film.
Along with the M3 we will also see the i8 , i3 , X6 , X5 and a world first in the all-new BMW 7er.')
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 03:59 PM   #218
L27
Private
Tunisia
Rep
Drives: *

I love it!!! In my opinion, it looks better than the F01
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 04:03 PM   #219
X3paul
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peschiera
Quote:
Maybe to you. We do not know if this is the car in the new movie. Regardless there is a thing called NDA.
Oh NDA, really? In times of smartphones with cameras and smaller spy cams everywhere BMW should rely on NDA. This is really a great idea from you. I recommend you not to make any real business outside this forum!

Quote:
What you are proposing is BMW gave a polish interior which is not the production design. A bunch of wasted effort to have another interior design, fabricated and produce based on your theory.
I wrote this is not the final interior, but not another interior design.

Quote:
I am sure many will agree that is the most idiotic thing idea ever.
'I am sure many will agree that is the most idiotic thing idea ever' to think the picture would show the final trim. Just a hint for you: look again at the interior picture. Do you really think the area around iDriver Controller looks finished? Do you think the inner side of the door looks finished? Do you really think BMW designers are idiots?

Quote:
There are timelines, phases of the development life cycle of a car. Adding this based on your theory is wasted time, resource and money. New car design specs and technical specification drawings have long been finished before even the tooling, molds have been created even before manufacturing.
Actually you answered your question yourself. There are timelines. And the most inmportant milestone is not to publish final interior 9 months before the official presentation. Therefore BMW will not provide a film crew with a 7er in final trim.

Quote:
Don't talk about Marketing if you don't know anything about it and how marketing in movies works.
I've never realized SCOTT26 spewing 'hot air with a bunch of circular marketing BS'. But alone in this thread I've read lots of BS from ... have a guess!
Look at the spy pics. THIS IS the final product. Maybe, due to this reaction they will postpone the launch and redo it like audi did with the q7 or as usual bmw will be left with massive work to do on the lci to cover mistakes you and I can clearly see. Remember E60 interior? Or e90 rear lights? Or e65 front end? Or F25 x3 (funny they changed EVERY single thing I pointed out on the 1st pics when that came out - they must read my posts eheh). I wonder how much these mistakes cost bmw in the end? I bet we could have all rwd models if they just got the thing right the 1st time. Hey bmw/scott hire me and i will save you millions
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #220
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs4444 View Post
Wins what? Are you in the market for either? Have you test drove both? Do you know the final specs for the G11? The quality of this picture is better, I guess it "wins" that.
I have to be in the market for one to state my opinion? Are we really that ignorant?
Appreciate 1