BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #23
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm5272 View Post
I chose the 750Li
Having just returned from the WELT (ED Pickup) - I learned that this 7 Li was designed diff from previous 7's Li version.
Before, they just added a slab of metal near the rear to create the extra space. This new model (F02) was built from the ground up with the extra space in mind so the the extra space is evenly distributed thru-ought the vehicle to eliminate the "weirdly stretched, non sporty" look the previous model had.

This is why if you see them side by side, you cant hardly tell the difference until you get inside the rear seat only.

Cost is only 5k more which makes this a no brainer (for me).
I added rear reclining seats, entertainment, heating, massaging and AC in the rear seats, so friends & family really enjoy the ride.
Either way guys - there is no wrong choice L or Li - Both are AWESOME!
We need to make sure we enjoy each others differences without making it confrontational - (same thing with Politics )

Now I wait for redelivery
ps.. I read someone here lives in Naperville too? I guess you will see these wheels around town soon I live in Naperville too!
Below are my pics from my trip - This was in my stop in Austria.
Thanks for sharing those pictures with us dm5272!!!

Schloss Lichtenstein in the background! NICE!

BTW: I think you meant to say 'Either way guys - there is no wrong choice i or Li - Both are AWESOME!' I agree with you 100%!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2009, 04:02 AM   #24
HK_bimmer
China
Rep
Drives: 1999 BMW 735iL

I will be driving it myself but I still prefer the Li. I like long cars.....
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #25
theaxplayer
Rep
Drives: 2002 Silver 745i

Quote:
Originally Posted by advocado View Post
I have driven both the long and short versions. I got the Li because I like the looks. The rear doors are more complimentary to the overall look of the car. Rear seat passengers drool! I think it's a more elegant look. As for performance, the difference is measured in micro-points. Wearing a blindfold, I don't think I could really differentiate. I have never had a problem parking long cars, though I admit, I live in the US and parking (to say nothing of even finding a parking spot) is a helluva lot easier in San Francisco than in Europe.
I totally agree, theres a guy directly across the street from me with a '04 Li and thers not a day that I dont come home and say "damn i shoulda got that one". The Li's back windows appear longer which make the car look more proportionate with the front end. But the 745i was more pratical being that I have no wife\kids.
Appreciate 0