BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

02-28-2024, 04:19 AM   #1
TheRealMoleman
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 750Li

Door handle not lighting up/comfort access not working

Wasn’t sure how to title this post, hope it’s sufficient.

So I bought a 2015 BMW 750Li (F02) a couple weeks back, and one of the (minor) issues I’ve discovered is that the LED courtesy light inside the exterior door handle of the left rear passenger does not light up. Additionally, the comfort lock/unlock feature doesn’t work on that door, either (it does on the other three doors however.) Also, the courtesy LED that shows on the ground (can’t remember what that’s called exactly) only lights up intermittently, usually not lighting at all. I suspect all three of these issues are obviously related. 🤷‍♂️

Any idea where I should start trouble-shooting this issue? 🤔 The BMW dealership wanted $259 just to *look* at it. 😲

I’m in New Port Richey, FL, so if anyone knows a shop (or even an individual) local to me I’d be happy to compensate them for helping me to address this issue. I’m a fully disabled vet so I can’t really tear things apart or bend over/get on the ground for very long. 😩
Appreciate 0