BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

09-18-2019, 12:27 AM   #1
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Well, I have been fighting an issue with my current and past F02 and my iPhone.

It drove me bonkers. It drove my SA Bonkers. It drove BMW bonkers.

I have had the car computer swapped out in all F02 I owned over the years.

My current car is a diesel 7 in the States. This car is a loaded 740 and is my favorite 7.

Over the years. I have had E66 too.

For so e reason, my iPhone would connect, but BTA and USB would start acting up to the point where I honestly felt there was a danger.

If the system works, and steering wheel controls show the song menu, but suddenly stops working—-that's a danger. If it happens once a year that's one thing. But, if it happens frequently that's a danger.

The controls are there. The bluetooth is present. So, it's universal in that we expect the system to function and not distract us to the point of oblivion.

So, my iPhone would work fine. But, mid stream the darn thing would lock up! That's a danger.

How did I fix it? It works freaking flawlessly now!

How? What did I do? Tell us please so we can save lives!!!

Drumroll please.....

Answer: I upgraded YouTube to pay service.

That's all it was! Freaking Apple or YouTube scrambled the Bluetooth functionality so it wouldn't multi task or operator properly in the background.

I am happy. But I am angry at all of the close calls I had while driving and suddenly having to fiddle with resetting the Bluetooth.

Anyone else in my predicament? Try paying for the YouTube service and all of your intermittent crazy Bluetooth issues go away!

AMEN!!

Lives will be saved! I swear!

BTW: yes, this fix solved the same problems on wife's 2016 x3.
Appreciate 0