BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-22-2022, 02:43 PM   #45
Kmish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M760i Azurite Black

I am really disappointed in the color selections for the new 7 Series. I definitely thought we would get some exciting new colors that would be developed for this new model. Instead we get the same basic colors we have had: black, white, carbon black, tanzanite blue, aventurine red, dravit grey. Just very disappointed.
The new gimmick is just to have the “2 tone” option a la Maybach.

The interiors look really nice though.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 05:11 PM   #46
KK22
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi A8 L 60 TFSI Quattro

It's only the release year, I imagine all suppliers will be tooling up for a wider palette from the second year on. BMW individual might still be offered In the first year, I don't know.
      04-26-2022, 07:21 PM   #47
Derived
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 M760i, E60 M5, E28 535i

Like most new BMWs, it's blocky, slab-sided, disproportionate, full of disharmonious shapes and totally lacking in cohesion.

BMW excelled at making cars that looked wide, low, sleek, hinted at their sporting potential but certainly didn't shout and scream about it. This isn't just about grill size, either. Nothing about the exterior looks good. It's seemingly designed to shock, to draw attention, to shout more loudly than the S-Class...in and of itself, I find that to be off-putting and completely orthogonal to what I want from a large executive sedan. It should be apparent to most now that they are no longer designing for the US or Europe, they are designing for their newest up and coming large market.

I don't mind the interior, although in some places it's a bit "minimalistic" which I also don't really like on such a large and luxurious car.

It's quite sad to watch MB and BMW self-immolate in this way. Two manufacturers that I've loved my entire life, both on their way to building an entire lineup that I have no interest in whatsoever.
Appreciate 1